crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency
ram.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/89203/Corsair-Vengeance-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9-2x4GB
tp.krelay.de/index.php
coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-accessories/1-to-3-rgb-splitter-cable/
en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1019893&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>google first
>search first

how do I reset permissions (on samsung) so that all apps have to ask again?

Did the NN shit go through congress yet?

What's the best image viewer for Windows 10?

How do I buy a monitor?
I want to program and play League of Legends.

Irfan

I use imageglass

when i get a notification on my phone and its in vibrate mode, sometimes it just keeps vibrating until the battery depletes.
its a Samsung Galaxy ProNand, what do?

go to an online store
click on a monitor
click on "order"
introduce your credit card / paypal and your address

>introduce your credit card / paypal and your address
i don't have one
can i borrow yours?

ok
here you go
*tells you credit card and secret number*

Doesn't go through Congress. The FCC has authority to make rules.

you think MS cares for pirate copies of xp that are still online?

I mean if older OS are so old they get discontinued does that make them legally safe to use like what if I used pirated xp on like 100 PCs and servers at work?

What kind of source image ( resolution, DPI, etc ) would I need to make decent 24" x 36" posters. Also what is the best print site that doesn't have any problems with copyrighted stuff?

I don't understand this post. Do you mean to quote the OP's "google first", following that with the proposed correction of "search first"? If that's what you're communicating, why make them both quoted?

A much more intuitive post would be:
>google first

search first*

Always think in dpi when printing.
I would not go below 300, but I also think 1200 is overkil most of the time.
A high dpi source is never a bad thing though.

Thanks, I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

Sorry, this isn't really tech-related. but we all know the actual anime boards on this website are fairly anti-intellectual in considering "spoonfeeding" to be a valid argument against the ignorant seeking knowledge. As well as passive aggression in general.

Was Jojo the first to come up with its stories? I was seeing it a lot in my yt recs recently, so after having part 4 sufficiently spoiled of all major plot twists I binged it recently, for my first Jojo exposure. Many of the scenarios there I've seen pretty much 1:1 lifted, but put in other contexts. I know Jojo is a broad franchise with lots of merch, so I thought it might be the first, instead of its story just being considered corny from its vast influence, yet some viewers only seeing the original source (Jojo) now.

How much faster is gigabit ethernet vs fast ethernet? I'm getting around 8+ MB/s when copying files from one PC to another with my old router and I'm wondering if it's worth the upgrade. What's the average for gigabit? How much are you guys getting?

How to read smart? I have
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME FLAG VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE UPDATED WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate 0x002f 200 200 051 Pre-fail Always - 0
3 Spin_Up_Time 0x0027 182 176 021 Pre-fail Always - 5875
4 Start_Stop_Count 0x0032 098 098 000 Old_age Always - 2130
5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct 0x0033 200 200 140 Pre-fail Always - 0
7 Seek_Error_Rate 0x002e 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0
9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 073 073 000 Old_age Always - 19737
10 Spin_Retry_Count 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 0
11 Calibration_Retry_Count 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 0
12 Power_Cycle_Count 0x0032 099 099 000 Old_age Always - 1589
192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 104
193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 2025
194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 114 103 000 Old_age Always - 36
196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0
197 Current_Pending_Sector 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0
198 Offline_Uncorrectable 0x0030 100 253 000 Old_age Offline - 0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate 0x0008 100 253 000 Old_age Offline - 0

Why is reallocated is pre-fail when it's 0? Same with raw read error rate.

XP is free, user.

The drive is wd30efrx, forgot to mention.

That's the event type, as you can surely read. It means "your shit is dying" if that reading goes bad.

( 2/62) Removing libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64 ...........................................[error]
Removal of (69705)libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64(@System) failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: rpmdb: damaged header #93042 retrieved -- skipping.
error: rpmdb: damaged header #93042 retrieved -- skipping.
error: package libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64 is not installed

openSUSE Tumbleweed btw. This happens every update (or distro upgrade, which I do), and I simply ignore it and continue the update without much issue.

Can I do anything? Pretty sure that package is installed, but I get the same error when trying to remove it (and nothing really happens if I try to install it).

So, that's means that everything is ok with my drive?

Yeah, I believe it's fine.

Actually, no. The congress has veto power, and there's a big internet thing about trying to pressure them to reverse the decision. They'll never do it though. The people who would be pissed at them over it are already as pissed as they can get, so it won't have any impact on how many votes they get next election.

At home it doesn't matter what you pirate, they don't give a shit. At work they'll fry your ass for breakfast over windows 98. That's prime sueable material there, and they won't hold back.

Is there any way to run Screenfetch on Windows?

My pc is fast but cdisplayex takes forever (few seconds) to open. What gives?

so its fine as long as I host from home without being a registered business?

What's up with CL and Transfer Rate on memories?

I wanted to buy RAM, as currently I have this:
Corsair Vengeance LP blue DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-24 (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B)

I plan to switch to 2x8GB, so I started looking into what CL is, but I saw it increased over time even though they said lower is better. This made me dig further, and came up with this site:
crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency

So, of course I started calculating the True Latency of my RAM, which turned out to be 11.25-11.25-11.25-30.
1 second divided by 0,001 of MHz in order to get clock cycle time in nanoseconds, multiplied by 2 due to double data rate and that is multiplied by CL.

1/(1600/1000))*2*9 = 11.25
1/(1600/1000))*2*24= 30

Right?

Now, I checked it against current DDR4, and it seems that my current RAM is suppose to whoop the new generation RAMs, who according to my calculations need to have the following CL values in order to have the same True Latency (ergo, speed?) as my current RAM:

ddr4 2133 cl 12-12-12-32
ddr4 2400 cl 13.5-13.5-13.5-36
ddr4 2666 cl 15-15-15-40
ddr4 3200 cl 18-18-18-48

Did I mess up something in my calculations? Is there something I am missing?
As a side note, any good 2x8 GB RAM kits? (I can only use Low Profile RAMs). I also see now that the price of RAM is through the roof.

how can i access FreeNAS from outside my network?

Yeah, you should fall on the side of "0 fucks"

trying to split video using ffmpeg. Problem is that the '#Duration of previous video is added to the sum of every previous video' part is not working. Instead the output is repeating the very first 3MB over and over. Do I need to specify the duration or add something?

taken from the wiki:

#!/bin/bash
# Takes a large video file and splits it into multiple 3MB webm files
crf=18
bitrate=500K
threads=8
# Duration of original video in seconds
duration=$(expr `mediainfo --Inform="General;%Duration%" "$1"` / 1000)
sec=0
j=1
until (($sec >= $duration))
do
ffmpeg -ss $sec -i "$1" -sn -threads $threads -c:v libvpx -crf $crf -b:v $bitrate -fs 3M $j.webm
# Duration of previous video is added to the sum of every previous video
sec=$(expr $(expr `mediainfo --Inform="General;%Duration%" $j.webm` / 1000) + $sec)
j=$((j+1))
done

I forgot to add. I looked up my RAM on a website but it performed very poorly based on the data there.
ram.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/89203/Corsair-Vengeance-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9-2x4GB

So, my question is what makes today's RAM so much better? What am I missing?

>can't go to online store

>don't have monitor

check out milanuncios or ebay ads that actually tell you to pick em up yourself

Is there a way to reset android's settings value to default without factory resetting?

>Did I mess up something in my calculations? Is there something I am missing?
I have cheap 3000MHz RAM and it's CL 15. So not only does it have nearly double the bandwidth of your RAM, it actually has LOWER latency.

speccy is better

op gib source

Could you tell me what RAM do you have specifically?
I see. I forgot to think about bandwidth. Mine is currently 12.8 GB/s, while the current memories have 24 GB/s.
As a follow up question, I see by some memories that they only have 3 CL values listed instead of 4? Any reason for that? Is that just a way to hide a number that would look bad on their product page?

how to make computor faster?

Download more RAM, GHz, FPS and p

Is the price of 170$ for this thinkpad ok

What type of chair should I look for living in a hot and humid climate area

Printer:
Wifi or ethernet?
Is an ethernet printer plug and play, or does it require additional steps like a wlan one?
How secure is a wifi printer in stopping random people from printing with it?
Can a wifi printer be used from away by connecting to my IP? Can an ethernet one?

>Could you tell me what RAM do you have specifically?
CMK8GX4M2B3000C15
Was one of the cheaper 3000MHz kits when I bought it. And generally, the bandwidth matters more than the latency.

If you have a legit photo of the bottom or the BIOS screen you can get the model type (####-XXX) and verify the build spects here: tp.krelay.de/index.php
Condition is obviously important also, and 99 times out of 100 you want a new battery since one that comes with a used computer charges to 50% design capacity at best - factor that into the "real" cost.

Why can't I start the KMS service again? It gives me this error when I try. I have tried reinstalling KMS and rebooting, but nothing works.

I have an X201 with 4GB RAM in 2x2. I'm giving my woman a T420 for winter holiday because she hasn't had a functioning computer for a year, and it has 4GB RAM and an empty second slot. I received a 2x4GB kit from a third party as a gift for me and can't afford more because poorfag and spent all my money on other holiday stuff. Considering that:
-- I spent several years with only a netbook and learned to live with 1GB RAM;
-- I use a lightweight WM, lightweight file managers, lightweight document readers and editors, lightweight media players, even lightweight browsers when I can, and am excessively anal about tab management and restarting browsers when I can't;
-- She will probably use a "full-featured" DE and heavy everything and not pay attention to memory usage;
do I let the woman have 8GB and settle for 6GB, or do I leave her with 6GB and take 8GB for myself?

I use my computer the whole day.
In terms of temperatures, the averages are:

CPU: 46C (114F)
Motherboard: 28C (82F)
Storage: 34C (93F)

Are those fine? Too hot?

I'm running Ubuntu Mate from a Raspberry Pi 2 and am having trouble automounting an external hard drive on boot. I have edited the fstab file multiple times, but nothing is allowing it to mount on boot. This is what I have so far in a new line.
UUID=XXXX /mnt ext4 defaults,auto,umask=000,nofail,noatime,users,rw 0 0
I've followed multiple steps by checking the information with blkid and fdisk, but nothing seems to work for me. This is all on a clean installation too. What am I doing wrong?

How much does screensize matter for programming? If I had to choose between 12.5" 1366x768 and 14" 1600x900, which one should I go for? The keyboards are identical

Not cool enough. Dip the whole case on a full bathtub. Alternatively, put some ice cubes inside the case.

Those are fine. Get speccy or speedfan if you want to make sure. They have features that determines whether the temperature is considered hot or normal.

Is there a website that can do a search for FOSS programs (for windows)?

Also, looking for a FOSS program that's just a timer and tells me to take a break and stretch from computer.

Why do I have so much traffic on fail2ban-ssh while I only have 32 packets on 2137 port?
2137 is my ssh port.

Has anyone developed android apps in the kitkat days?

My question is, is it possible to develop android apps on 2 GB ram if I'm only targeting kitkat and lolipop? Like maybe by using eclipse instead of android studio.

Settle for 6 GB and try not being poor next time.

Settings value?

Can anyone recommend a terminal emulator that provides no windows decoration & allowing 2 iterations inside the same window without using tabs?

Is there a way to block the connection of windows programs without going into the firewall and setting a custom rule? It takes too much time. Something like AFwall but for windows

use a wm that either has no window decorations or allows toggling them & learn how to screen(1) ?

Hello Sup Forums, brainlet here.

Say I have made a module in python "foo".

Inside foo's __init__.py, I also import ctypes, and another submodule, say "bar", which requires ctypes.

If I then try to run foo.bar, why am I getting a namerrror telling me ctypes is undefined. Where is the correct place to import ctypes?

is there something like this for linux? need to edit an icc profile but it's hard without sample images in front of me

What college do you guys recommend for either ee/cs or applied math or ee/ce, UofT Austin, Berkeley eecs, caltech Georgia tech ce/ee program? (ee is elec eng, ce is comp eng cs is comp Sci)

Anyone know how to implement an ad blocker on qutebrowser?

coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-accessories/1-to-3-rgb-splitter-cable/

Does this shit come with fucking 3 4 pin connectors/adapters whatever to stick into fans, i can't find it ANYWHERE

you could use a hosts file to block ad domains from your whole system

Would I have to manually place all these domains in the host file? Is there a database of large ad domains?

(sry if these are dumb questions)

ScriptSafe is blocking some shit when I try to come here to Sup Forums and doesnt let me see the page normally. This started happening now. Any ideas what this could be? No viruses, no videogames, nothing on my pc.

Just do :adblock-update to use its built-in adblocker.

I want to change my M.2 slot back into PCIe 4x
will this work or impossible?

Decided on using tmux inside a different terminal.

I wanted to add: this only happens with Sup Forums, all other sites work fine.

hey i need to learn maths for cryptography:
stuff like euclidean algorithms, Diophantine equations and inverse modulus stuff

does anyone know any books on this type of maths? this is just the start of what i have to know i think

pls respond

What's the easiest way of determing what's fucked, my monitor or GPU?

I don't have another PC or GPU to swap.

I have a Freesync monitor that is flickering more and more. Either the top 1/4 of the screen will look like it's tearing (even on a static image) or the whole screen will flicker blue for 2 or 3 frames.

Is there any chance it's a driver issue? There hadn't been a Windows or driver update for a few weeks leading up to the start of the issue. Yesterday I did notice that there were 6 instances of the AMD drivers open. However, when I restarted my PC today the drivers were back to normal but the issue is getting worse.

I THINK I can cause the top 1/4 to flicker if I flash something black and white near the top edge of the screen. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but I think it does happen more often when I do.

Thank you for any help/advice gents

I really like Neovim with Lightline but never got good at it.

Is there something cool and interesting in the world of text editors that i can use for coding from the last 2-5 years?

Console ones of course

>seedbox torrents stuff for you then you download the file through a vpn
is this essentially how a seedbox works? any recs for a seedbox + vpn?

you gave a game console or cable box? plug that into your monitor?

spacemacs

bump

For Maths ask /sci/

ok

Inside the submodule that requires it.

Iptables is first match wins,and you have two rules that match port 2137. The first rule sends all traffic to port 2137 to the fail2ban-ssh chain. The second rule is only checked if the packet doesn't match anything in the fail2ban-ssh chain, which means the majority of those packets are getting dropped in that chain.

Is it possible to install apps on the SD card with partition? I have a Samsung and I didn't know that they don't do adoptable storage. I'm trying partitioning but it's a nightmare (SD card not mounting on reboot, SD card storage not being shown through USB mtp)

Stop recommending botnet Google, OP.

Do you put bandaids on scratches or wipe your nose with a kleenex?

I think my pc might be trying to output sounds with such a massive volume that it's fucking with my speakers?

So my speakers are working fine, I unplug them to use them elsewhere, then when I plug them back into my pc they don't make a noise.
If i turn the volume on my pc loud then a crackling sounds is heard on the beats of whatever song is playing.
I can use the same cable that connects them to plug in my phone and the speakers work perfectly.
I can connect my pc and the speakers via bluetooth and they work but for a ~2 second time delay.
Looking at the volume bar the background grey bit seems to be really high? I dont really know what that grey bar represents but could that be something to do with it? I turned up the volume until I heard some popping in the webm

No, sadly.

When reinstalling the drivers though, it flickered MUCH more than it does during normal use. Could that be indicative of anything? I would be inclined to say that should isolate it to a driver or GPU issue, right?

you mean plasters and tissues?

I recently got a Xiaomi Mi5 and I haven't been able to get the wifi to work properly, I have a thread up on the MIUI forums:

en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1019893&page=1

Apparently this is a common problem with this chinkphone so I figured maybe someone on g also ran into this and found a solution. Would really appreciate the help my bros.

>flickering while installing drivers
perfectly normal
try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them again and see if it persists
if your gpu was fucked you be seeing artifacts on the screen, not just tearing

I installed CentOS 7 minimal on a laptop. How do I get the wifi working and install packages. There is no ethernet.