Password manager

Round 2.
KeePass, KeePassX or KeePassXC and why? Are stuff like macpass safe to use?

I store my passwords in a text file

bitwarden

pass
the standard unix password manager

>macpass
>mac
>OS X

if you are not using caesar's cipher to encrypt your password then what are you doing, senpai?

I use keepassxc on pc and laptop and keepass2android offline on my phone. I keep it all synced with Syncthing for privacy, redundancy and versioning. The whole thing just werkz™

LastPass works for me
>hrrdrr cloud
It just werks™ across all devices

KeePassX on all my devices.

it's not in fact standard
Keychain Access.app

see
and stop shilling botnet services

>not using pen, paper and a safe to store passwords
>not remembering all your passwords
>not making a song to remember all your passwords
>not storing passwords in Notepad

Sage

keepass with self hosted nextcloud

Is it any good? Why does it matter if it's in the cloud if most anons store their file in some sort of cloud like Google drive, drop box or other cloud service to sync with other devices?

1Password since I'd rather pay directly a team of engineers

For me it's seafile and keepass2android.

Same. I have it on my desktop and a copy of it in the root of every one of my harddrives.
If I ever get haxxord I'm fucked, but it's not like that will ever happen.

pass. It's the standard.

So is it autistism? Why would you use KeePass I its inconvenient, why not lastpass?

It's pretty good. It's mostly encrypted and decrypted on the user end, so they can't see it modify it either. Bruce Schneir even grabbed them a passing grade.

>he doesn't use the best tool ever

i keep my passwords on a piece of paper in my wallet with an encoding of my own design, with a back up at home that I bring up to date every month or so

There was a thread a few months ago that made passwords virtually uncrackable to brute and dictionary attacks while making them dead easy to remember.

Basically just choose a long word like "deadass" and add a special character after each letter. "deadass by itself is vulberable to brute/dict attacks but "d:e:a:d:a:s:s:" suddenly becomes very resistant to both attacks.

adding to this: further strength can be obtained by alternating special characters but at that point I think it's pretty overkill especially if your word is longer than 8 characters like "approbation" I use with special characters for my bank account.

I just use an encrypted zip file with a text document in it with all my passwords

You really shouldn't do that, if that ever becomes compromised you'll get BTFO all at once.

I recommend you just remember a few long SAT words and add a special character after each letter like I described a post above.

See if you can find it in a Sup Forums archive, user. Maybe I'm just autistic but a day to update my semi unique passwording scheme could be enjoyable.

Maybe but literally nobodys interested in my passwords nor wants to go trough the effort of cracking my very strong password assuming the aes-256 encoding on 7zip is actually legit.

Alright man, I'm just telling you this because I once did that and got cryptolocked so I was never able to recover the file and lost access to all my online accounts and half were unrecoverable. At least save the passwords on a piece of paper and put that in your pc case or something.

Have you ever heard of a thing called backups? I don't think an encrypted text file is a great solution either but that's not a good argument against it.

Ofc I have the file copied in cloud and multiple devices

Why not use lastpass then if you store your file in the cloud?

Most people don't do that, too much work.

That's even worse. Now if any of those places get compromised and get to your file you now risk all of your passwords getting revealed. You've literally just given hackers a treasure chest to find.

That's fucking stupid. If OneDrive gets compromised some fucking how and the in hacker sees a random encrypted zip file on some random retards OneDrive account, no hacker is gonna know to target that.

Then we should all avoid cloud? How do you store your file to sync and access it

Bump, so which one would you recommend for iOS windows ecosystem

see

>save the passwords on a piece of paper and put that in your pc case

And give an onsite attacker (room mate, family, burglar, police) easy access to all my shit?

I have my encrypted passwords database copied all over the place. My phone, my cloud drives, my linux livecd. Even if an attacker were to get a hold of that file, without my master password which isn't written down anywhere, it will be useless to them.

I've been using LastPass for the past few years. Works for me perfectly fine.

KeepassX on PC. Minikeepass on iPhone. Google drive to sync the two.

encrypt the paper dumbass, like write the passwords backwards and and capitalize everything

while we're at it, why don't we just microprint it onto the processor lid itself and conceal it with thermal paste and a heatsink.

Might as well turn yourself in at this point. I wouldn't go with less than hosting your password on a number station surrounded by fake number stations underground guarded by aliens.

Just write them down and keep them in a locked box, remember the ones you actually use.

I keep hearing KeePassX but isn't it not being developed anymore? What about macOS?

>keepassx
There's keepassxc
>apple
Yeah no

Elaborate some more

I have a booklet with all my passwords written down (use diff ones per site + via different email accounts) but might actually try this! Thanks user

LastPass masterrace bitches

>with an encoding of my own design
If you're gonna shitpost, at least get your vocabulary right.

I've been using just KeePass for a while and it seems to work fine. What's the difference between that and X/XC?

> gets hit in the head or illness
> brain drive corrupt and loses a sector
>password was on that sector

wondering the same myself.

Why should I switch to KeepassX? what can it do that keepass standard doesnt?

X and XC are insecure outdated forks originally developed as ports to other platforms, but since mainline keepass supports everything now there is no reason to use anything else.
you realize that this will not remain effective for very long, right? the only reason it works right now is because most people are not using that kind of variation. it is not as lastingly resistant as something like a63b91e65e19e96323df7f70f6d8dd4e which will only ever be available by bruteforce. your method can and will be added to dictionaries.

KeePass2.
Solid plugin support, can use with my browser and pretty secure

>X and XC are insecure outdated forks originally developed as ports to other platforms, but since mainline keepass supports everything now there is no reason to use anything else.

so then why are others here still using it and telling others to use it too? are they not aware?