What do you think of the Turkish language?

What do you think of the Turkish language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jXfkkxWS6iE
youtu.be/36sO84Hq6kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fabricated from irrelevant goat herder languages by Ataturk in an effort to replace the Islamic culture of the Ottoman Empire.

Ottoman Turkish was mostly Farsi and Arabic so basically he took the language farthest from those families and used it to construct a "Turkic" identity with which he could rally and control the populace of post-ottoman Turkey while still remaining secular.

disgusting

and ottoman turkish fucking sucked

It sounds like inbetween Arabic and slavic languages to me desu.

Haven't heard it myself so I can't comment but it's understandable for a multicultural empire sort of like how the Sassanids used Middle Aramaic as their lingua franca.

It would be absurd nowadays though, it would be like if Finns spoke a language consisting of Russian and Swedish

Arabs in denial

It is like the sound of cockroaches.

I know it's not linguistically related, but it does sound like Arabic

1st one is old turkic 2nd one is modern turkish third one is ottoman (bottom one)

words are too fucking long

They did everything right. And don't mish up islamic and arabian.

I think secular arabian coutries should use the latin alphabet too.

They dropped all arabian stuff and now the are the strongest muslim country. And even with this retarded faggot they are more european than Russian.

You did everything right, stay secular, don't listen to arabian nazis.

Russian should use latin too, honestly. Or greek alphabet.

A really dumb answer. Modern day Turkish has been spoken by a lot of people during the ottoman reign, the only people that actually talked arabic or persian in the ottoman empire were either A. Arabs or Persians or B the nobles. Turkish is not an irrelevant goat herders language, it shares words and gramatical rules with the other turkic countries (Kazakh, Uzbek etc.)

Nah, doesn't fit with Slavic unless you want to have tetragraphs all over the place like Polaks do or stupid accents everywhere like Vietnamese

But for one perspective you are using Greek alphabet.

Very good writing system

I know you're not literally retarded, but it does seem like you are

turks started to use modern turkish after 1928 ottoman empire ended in 1922

Sorry Ümit but your angry speech is quite similar. Sure there might be more ö and ü and less CHCHCH but the tone of speech is very similar

What I have been meaning to say is that modern turkish is simply turkish which has been used by the lower class people during the ottoman period for hundreds of years, and even before the ottomans turkish was spoken by the Seljuks and before them the Göktürks. Its a really old language if you think about it.

Hmm strange, the second one seems to have more arabic influence than the 3rd one

Speaking from the standpoint of Turkey's stability as a country, it was wise indeed to create their own identity and language. It basically tied their national imahe together and prevented outside influence from changing their political goals.

Keeping that heavy Iranid/Arab influence would invetibly have twisted Turkey into the fate of other Islamic powers like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

While I don't think they've achieved secularism as a nation, just the fact that they've embarked on that path in the past is a sign of hope that Muslim countries are able to modernize and westernize, given the right environment.

youtu.be/jXfkkxWS6iE

Watched the video long time ago but I think literally nobody though Turkish sounded like Arabic.

Actually you're absolutely wrong, Ottoman Turkish was not the same language as the languages used by Turkic nomads and Modern Turkish was not used at the time because it didn't exist. Similar languages existed among Turkic goat herding nomads but that doesn't mean that people "spoke modern Turkish" otherwise it wouldn't be "Modern". Modern Turkish was constructed by the Ataturk and his colleagues in an effort to move towards secularization.

Put more research in before calling things dumb. If facts trigger you that's not my problem it's yours so don't waste my time and yours by answering me with this nonsense.

how? first and second one literally has one word difference while ottoman one is waayy too different

Ahh I was confused by what you meant by second, but now I see where it says "Osmanli"

Yeah you can see the clear Arabic and Farsi influences in the Ottoman one. Honestly it's a lot more grotesque because it seems almost like a koine than a real language, whereas the old turkic and modern turkic stay true to their roots and have their own lexical heritage

user was not clear on this. The red one is not the third one. Its like
1 2
And the red

I never said that Ottoman turkish has anything to do with modern turkish, in fact, I told you that it was a completely different thing. Kaba türkce is what the lower class people spoke and it quite literally is modern turkish with a few edits in grammar and spelling corrections to make it usuable in schools and goverment.

t. Kaşgarlı Mahmut

Turks, what does 'ete kemiğe büründüm o his diye göründüm' mean?

Well yeah apparently there are differences by demographics. When spoken by some upper middle class grill from Istanbul/Izmir like in the vid it has more of a Japanese ring almost (though quite a few people there DID say "Middle Eastern" and "Arabic"), but shitty almanci "youths" loitering in our streets sound pretty much the same like Ar*bs

>yürüdü gülle gülle

are you serious?

>Kaba türkce is what the lower class people spoke and it quite literally is modern turkish with a few edits in grammar and spelling corrections to make it usuable in schools and goverment.

Well this is what I meant, he borrowed the most common Turkic language at the time and made modifications to it. I just meant that Turkish as it exists now wasn't a thing before Ataturk, although it's predecessor obviously was. I confess I don't quite now the degree to which they are similar but from what I've read he basically standardized it into one language rather than being a collection of dialects based on tribe and locale.

It's more like Hovanes Hovanesyan

not o his but Yunus actually because that word belongs to Yunus Emre an important poet from anatolia
it means"covered myself with flesh and bones,seen as yunus"

"Ete kemiğe büründüm Yunus Emre diye göründüm" is the correct one. A line Yunus Emre wrote dissing Mevlevi people on their behalf using Persian words in their poems, "(I) Incarnated as Yunus Emre shall seen as Yunus Emre (Son of Turk)"

It was not a dialect based on tribe or locale. It was very widespread in the empire. For example, the Russian nobles spoke french, while obviously the lower class spoke what we now call modern day Russian. The Soldiers in the Ottoman empire also spoke kaba türkce, and from some of the war chants they sung you could tell the heavy resemblence of modern turkish and kaba türkce. Atatürk didnt pick this turkish for no reason, it was widespread and spoken by most people which is why he adopted and used it. It was not restricted to a tribe, it was a way to communicate for the lower class.

t.Agop Dilaçar

written its not that bad, spoken its meh i dont like it, turks make some cool instrumental music tho
youtu.be/36sO84Hq6kw

Hmm interesting, until now I had thought that Ottoman Turkish was the prevailing language at the time and basically only nomads living in and around anatolia used the Turkic language which eventually became Modern Turkish.

Yes that was a good comparison between Russian and Ottoman aristocracy, as French was viewed as the most scholastic and influential language at the time. So I can see how Arabic and Farsi had attained such status as well, since the preceding years and half of the Ottomans' reign consisted of a golden age for Islamic science and literature

Beautiful, because it sounds similar to polish.

Perfect, my new alias kek

I can speak Polish and their alphabet is cool and very useful.

Mogę mówić po polsku i lubię ich alfabet. Najlepszy język z słowiańskich.

Cyrillic would be 100% more effective even for Polish though. Compare
>Szczecin
>Щeцин
Second one looks much cleaner and natural

Cyrillic Polish looks pretty good too, but it have some problems to cyrillize Polish,because you can write, for example, "jesteś" as "єcтeшь" or as "єcтecь"

Also I hate the ё problem in Russian. Because it's literally [jo], but people use e on it's place, it makes no sense.

It's a feels edit, I see. Thanks, it looks a beautiful couplet.

Yeah I heard Russian is not exactly phonetic, writing "ogo" but saying "owa" and shit like that, but AFAIK White Russian and Ukrainian are (they write "vada" instead of "voda")

Really gentle to the ears, especially since it has no guttural sounds like German, Dutch, French, or Arabic.