3 slot card

>3 slot card
>3 8pin connectors
>still worse than 1080ti

AMD... I...

Remember a long ass time ago when that guy from HardOCP said that AMD's GPU architecture was shit and ran hot, but people thought he was just buttblasted for AMD not sending him review samples? Yeah, he's still laughing.

Most 1080 Tis are three slots (or LE 2.5 TECHNICALLY NOT 3 LOL just like this one). Hell, most 1070s are too. Not sure what pont you're trying to make there.

It doesn't need the third one. Leaving it unplugged changes nothing.

Anybody who thought aftermarket boards were going to save this thing was a fool. The LC version made it pretty clear that it doesn't matter how much cooling you throw at it.

1080Tis can be two slots and even cut down to mITX friendly size, yet Vega 64 needs a two slot cooler or water to even try and compete.

>one of the fans is unplugged

𐂃

why do you guys fight for a company that doesn't pay you?

Nvidia have 60-75% of market share, they have far more customizable drivers, crossfire is way fucking better, their dx12 performance is infinitely better than nvidia's and nothing I say will change your minds, because you want to pay shitloads of money for high end crap that's going to be worthless in 5 years time.

You wanna mine coins? cool. Nvidia is worthless to you.

You wanna stay in the past sitting in dx11? Sweet nVidia is worthless to you.

You wanna divide the marketplace some more because you want to feel like some shit you didn't build, that pays someone else's paycheque is better or worse than the other's then go ahead bro. But I think it would probably bee better to go and work for AMD, steal nvidia's technololgy hire the strongest fucking law firm in the galaxy to beat the living shit out of the nvidians (they are such lying fucks it's nbelieveable, they have never given a single useful datappoint out to anyone at a single dev conference, only lured in suckers to buy their shit to get ''cuda'' working (it does nothing). I'm not saying that card isn't a piece of warm turd, it is, but it's going to be what brings you dx 12 running properly. So maybe shut the fuck up about it sucking more cock than your mum at a nigger convention and do something constructive with this info, like developing AMD's marketplace for them or providing them with actual data that they can use to correct this problem.

Written to you on a gs73vr 6rf. with a GTX 1060. Nvidia and AMD are just as bad as each other and if I had it my way neither would exist for fucking over 3dfx like they did. Nvidia do nothing but lock down the market, Amd do nothing but press the ''NEXT VERSION OF DIRECT X PLEASE'' button.

Apparently the rumors that "Magic drivers" features are screwed up on silicon level are true.
Nothing else could explain such delay and the fix never coming.

Probably still gonna buy one, anything to not pay Nvidia.

This is easy to answer, the alternative to Nvidia would mean having to buy AMD hardware.
Nobody but dumb people are that desperate.

you guys are the same type of people who get hardons for glowing lights and fucking TERRY CREWS IS ONE OF US!!!! bulshit,this is a fucking piece of silcon, there are millions of others, next generation will be faster, amd will lose share again, and again and again until you dumb little fucks will live in the nividiverse. I own a fucking nividia, why? PRODUCT PLACEMENT. That's the only fucking thing AMd have wrong with them. They don't know how to sell for shit if they did, they'd be able to lie to you about any power effficiency. AMd and nivida are the same fucking company, they do the sammme fucking shit, so you can pretend you're not paying the same fucking people, you pay bill gates. simple. No, you don't game on anything other than windows.

The only approoach that anyone should be taking in pc's at the moment is tinny fucking matx cases with 1 1080 1070 or 1060, the rest is a fucking joke, you don't need high airflow plieces of horse shit, you need an efficient 3d silicon chip in a small form factor, so you don't end up stuck crying that all your dumb powerful ass shit is too heavy to move. we have smart phones for a fucking reason and you unhealthy fucking neck-beards are all dying from whatever disease it is that's rotted your brains because yourefuse to see the world is going one way, and you're sitting on your asses in corners jerking off onto computing that you use to look at pictures of lolis.

Gaming has gamed YOU.

Really? Then why are we in dx11? Because nvidia wanted to keep us in dx8?

>Most 1080 Tis are three slots (or LE 2.5 TECHNICALLY NOT 3 LOL just like this one).
You can literally count the "2.5" models on one hand:
Zotac Amp Extreme
MSI Lightning
Palit GameRock/Jetstream
Gigabyte Aorus
Forgot the Asus one

>Hell, most 1070s are too.
Even if some 1070's are available with a large cooler, there is no reason to buy one. There are even single-slot 1070's just because they use so little power.

I think you're over-estimating how big some of these coolers are.

sure the boogeyman nvidia is keeping us amd dogs down.

have you tried developing for nvidia tech?

No.

Take a deep breath.

cool, maybe shut the fuck up then. AMD arent much better, but at least they don't lie about it. AMD literally do nothing. Nvidia market a bunch of bulllshit to gamers that when you try to actually develop with it comes down to, ''how much will you pay us to not lift a finger'' would you like the industry to be more restricted? How can we help make sure you don't have a single shot at changing anything?

How often do you move your PC around faggot?
Mine was in place for 6 years since I bought it.

What the fuck is that soyboy bullshit?
>muh compact and lightweight
>LIGHTWEGHT
Who needs a lightweight fridge? You dont carry it around every day, why has it be small and limited?
The more airflow the quiter your fans can be and the more room for harddrives to store torrented shit.
>efficient
A fucking meme.
More power more better.
Pascucks wish their Nvidia overlords didnt lock voltage on hardware level and they could go faster.
If Nvidiots were allowed to by their masters they would overclock up to 400W and use tripple slot tripple fan rads.
You fucking wish you were actually allowed to use your hardware.

thats soooo sad maybe you show go tell it to someone WHO CARES like your mom, perhaps?

>You can literally count the "2.5" models on one hand:

Nice deceptive statement, Pajeet. The only two cards with an open cooler and a two-slot design are the EVGA SC and FTW3. That's two cards versus every other 1080 Ti on the market, bar garbage blowers that sound like a vacuum cleaner in your case (which Vega also has).

And there's plenty of reason to buy a large cooler - it's quieter. The single slot 1070 was noted to sound like a hair dryer in its reviews. All of the major models like the Strix, Gaming X and Aorus are 2.5 slots. I'm not overestimating anything. It's simple fact.

i move mine monthly and i don't subscribe to the mItx meme. lifting a mid tower isn't that hard.

literally everyone's base model open cooler is a 2 slot card. the oc models are the ones that start getting larger with exception to evga.

vega 2 when?

What if it was watercooled?

>Still no VaporX or MARS because there hasn't been die worthy of it.
Maybe Navi won't be garbage.

Until AMD gets their act together, nvidia has it in the bag.

Vega would be power efficient if the tile based rendering worked. It is what gave Nvidia the big boost in perf/W in Maxwell. Apparently they had it working for engineering cards, that is why early internal slides targeted a 225W TDP for the Vega 64, but for some reason it isn't enabled for the consumer card. Not sure why.

>Vega would be power efficient if the tile based rendering worked.
We know, it would (should?) kick the TitanX's ass too.

But Tiled Based Rendering STILL isn't active and given the amount of time that has passed (and that unlike any other generation, Vega Mobile is using VERY different driver paths to Vega Desktop, which itself is just a modified Fiji path) it's very likely that there is a hardware issue preventing it, rather than a simple lack of driver software to support it.

Raja actively sabotaged Vega.

>AMD's GPU architecture was shit
its not, their drivers are shit

Unfortunately, nVidia does not make any CPUs.

It anally devastates GP102 in SPECapc shit.
It also works on Mac properly.
Buy iMac Pro, goyim.

drivers will fix it