Do you love portugal?

Do you love portugal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_León
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

not especially, no

But seriously though, why haven't Portugal been annexed by Spain yet?

Yes

>But seriously though, why haven't Portugal been annexed by Spain yet?
*ahem*

Is nice

You know what? I kind of do. People like to bitch a lot, but we have a good time, all things considered.

English Discipline and Portuguese Bravery vs. French Traitors and Spanish Incompetents was the case most of the time.

D'aww.

Spain and Portugal are both in EU. It's almost like being one country.

England

>Spain and Portugal are both in EU. It's almost like being one country.

Yeah.. main difference with before is that the Portuguese want to be in the EU. If eventually they want to give up their sovereignty then that's their choice. If they want to leave later on I'm sure we would help like we always have

>Lovetugal

>100 English longbowmen

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

They were big guys

Yeah. We never did mind cooperation. In a lot of ways we depend on Spain, given the territory. We just don't want to be under the same leaders so we don't get wiped out like Galicia and Catalunha, or like Spain as a whole under Napoleon.

We like our sovereinty, and our cultures have grown very much apart in some key aspects, even though there are obvious similarities.

They actually served as an intimidation to divert you into the spikes. They weren't required to do much besides scare you. In 1640 we did it by ourselves. In 1762 and 1808 the story was different.

For someone.

Ain't Portugal older than Spain?

yea we iz nugga

portubros are excellent bakers yeah

Yes, thanks to Portugal we can say that we are comparable to Western Europe.

Dunno, but I really like Portuguese posters.

Just like Norway is in northern Europe then, and still some Sup Forums nerds calling Norway a non-country

Isn't Norway a minor Danish province? Why do you have your own flag?

I always thought Chile was one of the few nice places in South America, or was I meme'd?

Norway is as danish like the UK is french

Sort of. The countries that formed together to make Spain spawned Portugal then came together without us.

"Portugal" as a country is older than "Spain", but Castille, Leon and Aragon are all older than Portugal.

>Isn't Norway a minor Danish province?

We existed before Denmark

Spain has a hard time keeping Catalonia, plus annexation of other nations is generally frowned upon nowdays.

meme'd

but then again, I don't know a lot about Portugal

I actually had a hearty chuckle.

Norway is cool. They have bacalhau, therefore worthy of respect.

England is also cool, as they helped against the eternal Spaniards time and time again, and provided the womb to the golden Generation of the discoveries.

u must be a tottenham fan aint ya

Kek, I'm not a *complete* retard m8

Chile is comparable to countries like Portugal, Poland and Hungary

It's alright

>being too short sighted to not realize the eternal anglo's ruse
Spain is a direct and obvious threat, but perfidious Albion will shake your hand first then stab your back when you turn, need you be reminded od he Pink Map Ultimatum and when Portugal almost became a British """"protectorate"""" (read: territory) following the Napoleonic War?

More like doorway, am i right?

when did the british betray us ?they just said that they wanted the niggers inbetween mozambique and angola and we got butthurt...that's not betrayal

>this fucking cuck with some other country's flag in his thinking he can talk smack

wtf i hate poortugal now

Mate, we had no way of holding Zambia/Zimbabwe. We didn't even go to the borders of Angola/Mozambique until the colonial wars.

It was a prideful crapshoot when we should've been focusing on restructuring the country with what we had. Post 1850 we we're really hanging tight.

We'd be speaking Spanish were it not for them, and they probably would be speaking French, since we were the only ones trading with them during Napoleonic times.

>now
We do love you, Australia. Keep the maps coming.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression you lot were supposed to have a thick skin
Or are you the single biggest poof on the island

Nigga someone else replied to you, not me. Fuck off you poor spic cunt

Now that I'm not there i like it more then when i was. Maybe I'll live out my old days in Portugal sincebit wont let me live out my young days ;_;7

contain your buttpain my cuckstamped friend, it's way too early to be upset

I BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU MADE BRAZIL!!! YOU ARE ALL MONSTERS!!

Yes, best ally

Are you from Portugal?

Yes I love Portugal

Please post Portugese qts (the ones without mustache)

I'm sorry but Portugal has a rich history dating back many hundreds of years, you were never relevant (until 1900s) and always under our or Denmarks rule, without much resistance.

>the ones without mustache)
The myth of Portuguese women and moustaches needs some explanation.

It happens, sure, but only after menopause. Young girls are perfectly alright.

nah nigga, Spain was formed in anno 720.

GIB LAND NAO

BRAH, SPAIN AND PORTUGAL ARE FAMILY, WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT BRAH!

Oh, it's you again. Fuck off, you idiot. Not even the Spaniards like you.

it's hit or miss desu, but since most Spain flags say they are Moors I don't feel too much affected.

I just want Spain to be in a union with Portugal, Portugal could have special privileges.

t. alberto barbosa

Sometimes I remember that it exists, and I laugh. I don't really think there is anything more to it.

You just don't grasp the strength of a people who managed to keep such a small country for so long, because you still live in a young and large country.

Being underestimated was the best advantage we ever had.

how do you want to do this, the easy way or the hard way?

Surprise me

They still call a Presunto a Jamon, therefore they are disgusting.

Portuguese army
Size 16 111 military
Spanish army
Size 100,000

Just like old times :DD

>presunto

Nothing personell, kid.

There's just this ameritard with these ideas that I like to through around for good fun.

>speaks Spanish
>is genetically Spanish
>somehow isn't just an overpowered region

>speaks Spanish
No.
>is genetically Spanish
No such thing.
>somehow isn't just an overpowered region
Yeah, read a book on "somehow".

Finally a portuguese being honest in this matter. Hispania was also obviously older than Portugal, although the claim of the Catholic Kings (and others before him) over that name was an extreme case of WE WUZ KINGS.

It's bereber, not berbero, fucking chicano. Never talk to me or Portugal again.

>Portugal could have been a massive Gibraltar eternally driving Spain into mass butthurt

Can you imagine the massive banter?

Yeah, nobody likes him t.b.h.

The fact that you can't talk spanish for shit doesn't mean that portuguese is spanish. We (and linguists) don't even consider our regional languages to be spanish, why should portuguese be? We can't even understand it.

I can understand it 100%, you're just a traitor.

motherfucker you are Spaniards.

We are celts and shit

If a Spanish region can show they cluster out of Hispanian ranges then I will understand that they aren't Hispanian.

>I can understand it 100%

You wish

"celt" no such thing, the northerners ALWAYS considered themselves Hispanian.

In fact it was the north that founded Spain, reconquest went north to south.

your balkan fantasy is bullshit and should be exterminated.

Was it ever under dispute?

We already have good banter. "You English Cucks", "You French bitches", "Largest Empire","Beaten by Women", "Ponta Delgada", "Aljubarrota","Jamon", "Presunto". It's already pretty good, I'd say. Germany is the real villain now, finally.

It's just map OCD thing, isn't it? Admit it.

Thank you for teach us
how to make konpeitou(confeito) and kasutera(castella pão)

>Was it ever under dispute?

Probably not, but just saying "Portugal is older" is way more common amongst the portuguese (at least here, never met but a single one irl).

Tempura too.

>a hundred longbowmen scared the Spanish

Really pathetic even for Spain

it's genetic OCD, Portugal is genetically Hispanian and for a truly united Spain Portugal needs to be a part of it, there is no Castile, no Galicia, no Aragon, only SPAIN.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_León
Borders didn't reflect "nations" so much as politics in the era, Portugal is not a result of a nation but of politics, nationalism is the unification of all the Spanish people.

Experienced bowmen were pretty scary

The same as the HRE, Portugal is a German princip that didn't get annexed to the Motherland.

It's ultimately a matter of what you consider "Spain". We also have the oldest borders argument going for us, and that usually gets mixed up.

We know we seceded from Leon, which would eventually join and be absorbed by Castille. You just throw the punches.

This. I'm sure the Japanese must have taught us stuff, but I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head.

They were being helped by French knights who knew how devastating English bowmen could be. Those were known to make some serious fucking damage, and we used it to our advantage and divert the charge into an ambush pit.

Castile separated and rejoined Leon depending on politics.

According to a favorite/his meme English long bow couldn't do anything

Except because literally all the kingdoms you mentioned, León included, had or has their own language and identity. Even the ones that consider themselves spanish.

>richtugal

Regional dialects always exist, it doesn't mean shit.

They were always different kingdoms after the first separation. They just shared a king. Medieval states work like that.

SHIET, WE IZ KANGZ AGAIN

only meme map that I cant believe

We have both regional dialects and different languages. They're different things.

County of Castile (Condado de Castilla), an eastern frontier lordship of the Kingdom of León in the 9th century. During the 10th century its counts increased their autonomy, but it was not until 1065 that it was separated from León and became a kingdom in its own right.

It is just nobles getting power, it has nothing to do with a nation.