Delid your CPU:

>Delid your CPU:
youtube.com/watch?v=2eFzNpTOaOw

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>i5 8400 / i5 8600k - Great gaming (especially the 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 2666 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports (if you have to use RAM off the QVL, update BIOS and there's a decent chance it'll work)

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/6phd4C
pcpartpicker.com/list/7MTVr7
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/893108/Windows-10-update-free-download-PC-Microsoft-upgrade
pcpartpicker.com/list/8TFpZ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/b2B7cc
pcpartpicker.com/list/x23jPs
pcpartpicker.com/list/4chBsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/QPdtVY
pcpartpicker.com/list/PLXd4C
pcpartpicker.com/list/RhRMJV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anime

What's the problem with the Vega GPUs?

Guys how do I get excessive thermal paste off my cpu

>excessive
You might as well be shooting blanks fampai

I'm thinking about building a new pc, I don't have urgency so I could wait a couple months. Are new CPUs/GPUs coming out in the mid range that are worth waiting for/that will cause price drops on current components?

Disappointing performance vs a 2 year old architecture in Pascal
Housefire tier power consumption
Missing several features at launch and still missing them iirc
64 requires a fucking water cooler to operate at its full
No/very few AIB partner cards
Overpriced in general due to miners

And the list goes on. Not worth it in the slightest unless you can get a 56 for like $300.

Ryzen2/Zen+ should come in february/march(probably along with new motherboards). I don't think there's anything else of note coming out in the near future.

Apparently Volta is coming out in a couple of months

Last chance before I pull the trigger. Is this an acceptable PC gayman rig?

pcpartpicker.com/list/6phd4C

I have 1200 to spend. And yes I'm sure AMD is better but I fucking hate AMD and have bad history with them. Yes I know there's no SSD, I'm a poorfag right now but it is a priority for me to upgrade when I am able. Is this a decent build still despite everything?

Seasonic focus gold 650 PSU instead
Maybe faster RAM

4k monitors worth it right now? what screensize?

Currently have a 27" 2k monitor I bought 7 years ago. Catleap 270p

Why the sea sonic PSU? It seems more expensive and less power. Is it just better built?

And that's pretty much the best RAM I can afford right now that's still 16gb

pcpartpicker.com/list/7MTVr7

Fixed. You can get win10 for free so don't bother paying 100 for it. You've got some money to spare in the budget now so you can either upgrade the 8400 to an 8600k so you can take full advantage of that mobo with overclocking or you can spend that money on an ssd. I'd personally go for the better processor because you can always buy an ssd in one of the many online sales whereas if you buy an 8400 you're going to be stuck with it for the next few years unless you like dropping 200 big ones on something you'll only use for a short time.

>Free win10
Literally how

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/893108/Windows-10-update-free-download-PC-Microsoft-upgrade

Or if you miss this deadline then you can always just get a win7 key for $20 and use the free upgrade.

Good call on the RAM, didnt spot that, same with the PSU.

Unfortunately I already own the CPU, so its what I have to work with. And I have no clue how to download Win10 for free.

looking for some fresh eyes on this moderately priced gaming build. not looking to run on ultra settings, medium+ will do me fine. do you guys think this will do what i want, and is there any thing i can do to improve it without spending any more than an extra 50 bucks?
pcpartpicker.com/list/8TFpZ8

If you are going for 8gb ram, get 2x4 instead of 1x8.

>MFW all-out 1950x build is waiting for me back home

Upgrade your processor.

Is the 8700 stock cooler ok?

It is okay, but not great.

pcpartpicker.com/list/b2B7cc

Fixed.
Dual channel fast ram
Cheaper network adapter (can go even cheaper if you're willing)
MUCH better processor
Removed the shitty dvd writer as it's a waste of $20 and you can get good ones off eBay for like $5 or just pull one out of an old system. It's not like you'll need a dvd writer anyway.

someone please respond

Forgot to add that the power supply is much better now too

What is my bottleneck?
pcpartpicker.com/list/x23jPs

Ditch the hard drive (buy one later) and get a cheap 480-512GB SSD
Alternatively, get a 2x8 memory kit.
You could also get a higher quality PSU.
You could also get a more powerful central processor.

There is none; very solid build.

how should i go about choosing one? if the only options are New from China or Used from USA, which should I go with?

I disagree. Even cheap ssd of those capacity are in the 100s and he's on a tight budget where that money can be used for better ram, processor etc. A 1tb hdd will at least allow him to download all his games without running out of storage and he can get an ssd when his financial situation allows for it later on down the line maybe in a few months or so.

have a microscope and a vector image converter to zoom in at 400x to see his sperm you gargantuan chode? That or maybe you've choked on so much dick you can taste in your mouth just by looking at it.

2k isn't a monitor resolution
What are its real specs?

>HousefireLake
>Cramped shitty case with no extra fans

holy kek fag BTFO

If i can't afford for DDR4 Ram then is it worth to give Ryzen a try or just stick with G4560?

Do you not have ddr4 already?

lol found the br
>if i can't afford for
UMA

What kind of motherboard should I get For the Intel cpu. Just give me a list of a few decent ones.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4chBsJ

1440p is considered 2k

Sadly, no. My current PC has omly 2x2GB DDR3.
A single G.Skill - 4GB DDR4 2133MHz costs ~$60 in my country right now.

No, that's retarded. 1080p is 2k if anything is, probably because it is closer to 2k than it is to 3k like 1440p is.

4gb is unplayable tier for most modern games. Just keep the g4560 and see if you can grab a couple of extra sticks of ddr3 to get 8gb. Also check out base clock overclocking. You can actually overclock that g4560 if you have an overclock capable motherboard.

>CPU DATA WIDTH
64-bit

Does that mean I install windows 10 64 bit?

inb4 bullies

>1080 is closer to 2000 than 1440
lol

I agree the 8100 is better but
>Z370 prices

Don't even bother with 32-bits windows, it's the current year.

>Z370 prices
True

Yes, basically. Although that goes without saying because any desktop CPU made in the last decade is 64-bit.
Do the math you retard
4k is called 4k because 3840 is close to 4000
2560 is not anywhere near 2000, but 1920 is.

Thx bro.

why isn't /pcbg/ in the OP post? you had one job and you failed. congrats.

Haha xD
Ur funny

it should trigger me but im mirin that straight line of paste

Decided on a motherboard any thoughts on my build kept it under 1400 had almost a 1500 budget

pcpartpicker.com/list/QPdtVY

Your board is excessive, I would drop to an Asus for $60 less

Anyone in particular?

>Delid your CPU:
Fuck off cuck no one buys intel here

Pic related.
The ones who can understand benchmarks and don't fall for memes do.

>Understanding paid programming
k goyim

Every damn thread

>delid
>dont fall for memes
those are mutually exclusive

I would rather have to fix thermals that I can do something about then be stuck with a shitty CPU for too much that I can't do anything about.

>ASUS
>intel
wow that a complete dumpster duo for gaymor kiddies, why don't you add some razer to that, or better yet fuck off till you're 18

> then be stuck with a shitty CPU for too much that I can't do anything about.
>too much
how fucking poor are you poorfag pajeet? i guess since ryzen doesn't even get sold in india its a case of the fox and grapes

Have fun with your $1300 rig, wagecuck.

>I buy intel and delid

Have fun being poor delid pajeet

>DELID :-D

I literally just bought a 1080ti and 8700k and board with my Christmas bonus alone.

>Christmas bonus
is that what your parents are calling it now?

No, that is what my insurance firm calls them.

Budget: ~1400
Uses: 3D modeling + rendering (architecture + engineering), plus some lite gaming. Would like to be able to set it up as a rendering node from my laptop where I could send a render remotely so my laptop can do other things while shit is rendering in my desktop.

I built a desktop a while ago and currently have a Dell XPS 13. Would like the build to run as quiet as possible, maybe looking at a mini/micro ATX build. Price is flexible

>i have cobbee lage + gtx 10xx in my peecee

What do your programs require/what are they optimised for?

I have about 500€ to upgrade this.

Since I think I can't get a meaningful upgrade with that budget, should I just spend it on a 32" AMVA 4K display?

Final gaming build. Thoughts on this? Original budget was 1400 to 1500 but ended up at 1300

pcpartpicker.com/list/PLXd4C

> not having cobbee lage
> 2018
Absolutely hurrdurrly.

Get an unlocked CPU.

Is the 8700 good? 1080 gaming

Don't quite know what they're optimized for, but I use Maxwell Render software, Rhino 5 (Plus grasshopper, kangaroo, lunchbox, ladybug etc plug-ins), autocad/archicad, full adobe suite (illustrator, photoshop, indesign, lightroom)

Is that the same thing as overclocking?

Also what is the benefit from that

Better PSU, more storage, IPS monitor
pcpartpicker.com/list/RhRMJV

What video card do you have/plan to have?

Yes, it's for overclocking. Benefit is you get better performance. For intel the CPUs ending in K are unlocked.
You are getting a Z370 motherboard so might as well benefit from its overclockability.

Dont bully me but if I've no optical drive then how install windows

Yes, it's an option to consider.
Have you ever heard of USB?

Is a 2Tb necessary if I'm getting a 500gb ssd...or vice versa?

Id have to buy a cooler than don't I? Kinda more money to spend

Windows 10 makes bootable USB install medias.

not him but do those come included if i were to purchase windows 10? or is that something i would need to buy windows 10 and have them send one to me, or would i need to use another computer to load it onto the flash drive or what

It's storage on the cheap
Having more can't hurt, can it?
Also don't buy an unlocked CPU when it's your video card that's the ultimate bottleneck

Might actually keep the build you suggested. I.dont think of overclock desu

Ty for your input user

new intel architecture handle windows 7 fine? I can't bring myself to suffer 10

It's hard to install and also no DX12 if that matters to you

Priority of upgrades should be monitor, then video card, then CPU/board/memory

Build the install media from another PC. A friend's if you don't have one.

>not him
okay, "not him"

If you buy a fill licence then yes
If you get a key from Kinguin probably not