I'm borrowing a Cisco switch to experiment with, how do I assign a native vlan to a subinterface...

I'm borrowing a Cisco switch to experiment with, how do I assign a native vlan to a subinterface? Do I give it a different IP that's different from the other VLANs? What do I do with default gateway IP addresses for each vlan? Do I enter the interface VLAN and add the subinterface IP?

kys fag go ask for help on your homework on reddit

also cisco is shit

look at the noob

>ow do I assign a native vlan to a subinterface
I can only assume you mean SVI
interface Vlan5
description Internal_Router
ip address 10.255.5.1 255.255.255.0

>What do I do with default gateway IP addresses for each vlan?
there are not default gateways for each vlan, unless you do shit with VRF Lite, but why would you?

>how do I assign a native vlan to a subinterface
or if you meant assign the native vlan to a interface

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22
switchport access vlan 10
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast

pic related is the topology

what i don't understand is, how do i add the native vlan 250 to a subinterface? do i just write:
interface fa0/1.250
encapsulation dot1q 250
ip address etc
interface fa0/1.5
encapsulation dot1q 5
ip address etc
interface fa0/1.10
encapsulation dot1q 10
ip address etc
interface fa0/1
no shutdown

and on the switch:
interface fa0/3
switchport trunk native vlan 250
switchport trunk allowed vlan 5, 10

is that it? did i miss anything? i've already created the vlans and assigned them to ports on the switch

>what i don't understand is, how do i add the native vlan 250 to a subinterface?
Cisco switches dont support subinterfaces. They have switch interfaces, routed interfaces, and switch virtual interfaces.

>fa
jesus fuck how old is this

What model switch is this, and if applicable what license level is it at.

>switch
switchport

also why the fuck are you connected to your ISP via a serial line? why does this make me think it is homework for a class which hasnt updated its curriculum in more than 20 years?

oh i mean subinterfaces on the router

it's something i made based on past homeworks, to get a better understanding of how it works

i think i overdid it tho, but i'll try to get it working

gibs bitcoins if you want me to do your homework for you

it's not an homework, and if it was, it'd already be out on google

post a pic of these old as fuck switches and routers in your home, because this looks like homework for a shitty noname community college

yeah they're old switches and routers, i think the college that borrowed it is a shitty one too

>eah they're old switches and routers
post pics of them in your home because you said:
>I'm borrowing a Cisco switch to experiment with
they're not virtual because if you were GNS or packet tracer or whatever you wouldnt be using images for shit that is running at best IOS12. or just gib bitcoin to me to do you homework for you or teach you or whatever

fucking spam filters filtering my coin address

1LmUBRdSGMQz5D1uxx

E8qtck3U2YyFoZwM

stop begging for money you fucking faggot, if it was a homework, the answer would already be on google

this is something i made myself. all i want to know is how do i add a native vlan to a subinterface on a router

>this is something i made myself
>but i cant post pics of them

>all i want to know is how do i add a native vlan to a subinterface on a router
gib bitsheckels or figure it out yourself. everyone else on Sup Forums is too retarded to be able to help you

what can't i post pics of?

these old as fuck routers and switches that still have serial connections and fast ethernet, with a time stamp

pay me to do it because that's too much effort

I'm the one who knows how to configure this shit, not some pleb begging Sup Forums to do his homework for him.

Bump

no one is going to help you. Sup Forums is full of retards who argue over things like ayymd vs intel and ayymd vs nvidia and phones and shit. now pay bitshekels or let your thread die

That will be fine except for your native vlan subinterface
you need to configure it with just "encap dot1q 250 native", no ip address
labs always have you change the native vlan but there's no point, you can just configure the trunk without it and forget the .250 subinterface
t. network guy