Close button doesn't close

>close button doesn't close
>maximize button doesn't maximize
>minimize button doesn't minimize

baka

>closing a window should kill the process that spawned it because that's what Windows does
>everything should be just like Windows
>blatantly lying on the internet

>everything should be just like Windows

>implying that's exclusive to windows and doesn't also work that way in GNU+Linux

because they pander to Windows users

I mean, it does actually do exactly that though. And although close doesn't kill the process, it does close the window.

This is kind of like when people say you can't right-click on a Mac. You can tell they're just looking for (incorrect) things to get mad about.

>CLOSE button CLOSES window, is not KILL button
>FULLSCREEN button FULLSCREENS window, is not "maximize" just because windows and win app devs are incredibly bad at managing window space so literally everything has to be maximized to be remotely usable
>minimize button does minimize

4/10 made me reply thoughtfully because I genuinely think people don't know the truth.

close closes the window
minimize does minimize, this one's just bait
fullscreen button makes the window fullscreen (that being said, back when it was the zoom button, it basically didn't do anything useful and would just arbitrarily resize the window in some entirely inconsistent way when you clicked it)

mind you, macOS's "no windows are open, but the program is still running" thing is fucking dumb and is strictly a holdover from when the Apple System Software was singletasking, so you'd be left with a blank desktop and only the running program's menu bar
hell, the fucking single menu bar is a holdover from those days and doesn't make as much sense in a multitasking interface
hell, the emphasis on per-application window management vs just doing it on a per-window basis is a holdover from when the current application's windows were always above ALL of the windows from other running applications, and you couldn't have say, program A's window below one of program B's windows but above another from program B
which was a kludge done because of the transition from being a strictly single-tasking system

Close varies between apps. Much like Windows.

Just use keyboard shortcuts.

>minimize works as expected
>fullscreen is a weird button that you rarely need, but it does fullscreen
>holding whatever modifier so that it's a "maximize" only toggles maximizing vertically... I think.
>Ugly traffic light design.

Lots of things apple designs are great, but this has to be one of the poorest designs they have.

>Much like Windows.
I've only really noticed shit-tier Microsoft programs doing this.

>minimise button portrays a listing in a taskbar
>there's no taskbar

that's how you end up in android land son
>back button should go back
>back button is how you climb out of hierarchical menus
>allow apps to link directly to menus in settings
>how do I climb out now?

the x clearly represents minimise to indicator panel and run spyware yo.

this picture doesn't make anysense

he's clearly in midswing, so the woman shouldn't have been launched yet

Mactoddlers have defended this.

She was pitched by a giant man, still anticipating the brutal crack of the bat.

she's actually been carried aloft by the savage penetration of the bat handle

What Microsoft software does this? I can't think of any that runs in the taskbar after closing except for OneDrive but that's expected given it's sync software

Steam. Any antivirus. Skype. Discord. Windows Explorer (yes). Windows update. Google Chrome. Anything made by Nvidia. Hmmm what else?

Fucking weeb.

>his OS silently downloads and installs minecraft for him no matter what he does

You have just illustrated the folley of assuming your current knowledge applies in all cases.
You're nowhere as smart as you assume.

The close window button closes windows as intended.
>maximize button doesn't maximize
I agree with you on maximize but at least that's fixed with BTT
I don't use minimize but last time I did it worked as expected.

>everything should work like Windows
>no, it should work like Linux too because Linux works like Windows

>close button on window closes the window
>maximize button maximizes and hides top bar for truly maximum screen usage
>minimize button minimizes

Why do you think that is? Because interfaces like KDE and GNOME are Windows clones built to appease a mainstream desktop market dominated by Windows users. There are plenty of environments on GNU/Linux and Unix that don't behave like Windows, tilers and oddball WMs like Windowmaker and twm come to mind.

There's nothing wrong with disliking the way Mac OS does things with its window controls, but just whining about them and shitting on them because they don't behave exactly like Windows just makes you look like a fucking idiot, rather than the enlightened brand-aware individual you're trying to posture yourself as.