Anyone have a Corsair CX750w PSU?

Anyone have a Corsair CX750w PSU?
Installed one today and just read that they're apparently crappy or something.

Generally Corsair is a decent brand, but Seasonic has the best reputation for PSU’s.

I installed one in your ass.

its not modular so ofc its shit

>trust seasonic reputation
>buy a seasonic
>tic tic tic tic tic tic tic
>RMA takes a fucking month
>buy another PSU

Corsair is rebranded Seasonic

I have had two. The first one couldn't support my computer under CPU + GPU load (2500k small OC, single r9 390). I took it back to the store and they replaced it, but the replacement had horrible coil whine. I ended up buying a seasonic PSU.

Only the higher tier models are as far as I know. The CX range are the most shit tier models.

You were supposed to buy the HX series senpai

Grey (updated) ones are fine user. It's the old green models that are a bit shit. For mid-tier builds they're fine.

CX is the bottom of corsair's product line. I work at a tech shop, and a lot of people built their computers and built with some parts that we carry (for the discount). We only carry the CX models in store, and every single person who has used one has had to RMA it within a year. One person even had it explode in their case.

Mistake. Get the EVGA G2. I have an Antec TruePower Classic that has been running for years.

Corsair is the BIGGEST meme in the PSU world.

I have had a CX750M for some time now, I think around 3-4 years. My PC uses around 450-500W full load, and I've never had any issues.

nope. youre the only one owning this psu. its like it was made only for you. thats how much of a special snowflake you are. many kisses my soecial special m80 :*

I had one which started making a strong burning plastic smell after 2 years and had coil whine from the start. Had to RMA it and got sent another one with coil whine.

Dafuq is a crappy psu? Either it delivers its rated power or not. There is nothing in between.
You can calculate the amount of power you will need.
Cheap switch mode psu became so good, worrying about them is a waste of time. Everything is from china anyways.

I owned that PSU, it broke after a month or so. Corsair are absolute shite for PSUS, had three from them and two were faulty.

They are fine PSUs (CWT is the OEM). Nothing too special.

Higher-end models just have better power efficiency and somewhat better build quality.

>live in EU
>customer protection laws
>20 years warranty
>feels good man

CWT is chink shit though.

Protip: Almost all PSUs are assembled in china these days.

Twenty years of warranty for what?

Yes everyone knows that, but assembled in china is different from designed in china.
CWT makes cheap PSU's and so it uses lower quality components

>not an AX1500i

Obviously, you've never seen the review where they stress out one of those crappy Huntkey branded PSUs. Look it up so that you could cure your retardation.

There's more to power delivery than delivering the required voltage and current, retard.

I had to RMA one of these twice because the coil whine was unbearable and they ended up just giving me an RM750 instead for free.

I have an RM650x. They cost only 20 dollars or so more, 100$, and are rated for a slightly lower wattage sure but are gold rated, fully modular and have zero RPM mode, so I've never heard the fucking thing make a single sound ever since I installed it because I only have a 1050ti. The build quality also looks and feels much better. It came with a 10 year warranty, and I don't think I'll even need to use that warranty.
It's just a way higher end product for a slightly higher price and you're a retard for not going for it instead.
Don't skimp out on your power supply, kids, especially if you use high end components for the rest of your rig.

>tfw seasonic x series
Who here /tier1/

jonnyguru is my guru for PSUs. And as such I got a TX750M.

have a cx750m in my media center pc. works well. hasnt caught fire yet, and its been a little over a year since i got it.

In a typical practical situation they are absolutrly fine. (I consider ethereum mining not a practical situation)

True but "cheap" psus and "expensive" psus aren't much different. You have to pay for all the marketing of the expensive ones which explains the most of the price gap.
If you are looking for a truely better psu buy a server one. These are tested for industry level stress and are actually better.

This. Iirc CX's are made by CWT. Fwiw, the 750 platform is higher quality than the Specs only rated at 30c

Skimping on the PSU is too common of a mistake. I got an RM750x a little over a year ago for $75, barely more than the CX series price. The small amount of cash is worth it for the reliability imo.

Not really. A handful of the top end ones used to be. The first gen AX series were basically rebranded Seasonic X series. The current stuff is mostly CWT, with a little bit of Flextronics and Great Wall thrown in.

>Seasonic X Series
>bragging
Nigga, get that old busted shit outta here. Get a Seasonic Prime Titanium if you really need to feel like your PSU's hot shit.

I have one and it stopped giving stable pperr after a year or so. System would crash when under heavy load, even though it should consume no where near 750W. The thing burned my GPU. 550W Cooler master I am using now powers same rig perfectly fine.

I had one and the fan failed in 6 months. I didn't even bother with the warranty because it was too inconvenient. I'd spend a few more shekels and go with a much better psu

Just so you know only the RM series and up from corsair are any good the rest is shit tier

Unless you are running server-level loads and equipments or trying to pull an extreme OC

It doesn't really matter. The majority of desktop systems only need about 200-300W of juice (most of that on 12V rail). Even a fucking power hungry Vega RX 64 + i9-7980X setup only needs about ~400-500W of juice.

>I've never heard of voltage ripple before
bottom of the barrel shit is only fine if you're building what is essentially an office machine. Otherwise, you're pretty much risking thousands of dollars of equipment. Cheap shit aren't typically marketed at their power rating at constant draw and lack the fail-safes that would keep your hardware functional in the event of a PSU failure.

Cx are really good like since 10 years ago, the most recommended psu beside seasonic. I don't know what happened really

I have one, had to rma it because it failed 2 years in. It has a 5 year warranty tho. Honestly, I should have just bought a seasonic or an evga supernova.

I've been using the same EVGA power supply for like 7 years.

Get a seasonic fast