Open about:serviceworkers in firefox. What's with all this shit I didn't agree on?

Open about:serviceworkers in firefox. What's with all this shit I didn't agree on?

Nice botnet you've got there

All I have is Youtube (and I have it open right now so I don't know if that has anything to do with it)

Same.

What do these workers do?

No idea

>A service worker is a script that your browser runs in the background, separate from a web page, opening the door to features that don't need a web page or user interaction. Today, they already include features like push notifications and background sync. In the future, service workers will support other things like periodic sync or geofencing. The core feature discussed in this tutorial is the ability to intercept and handle network requests, including programmatically managing a cache of responses.

about:config
serviceworkers

Start disabling what you don't need.

I never agreed on having washittonpost's botnet always loaded in my browser

did that

Holy shit I have like 50 of them

I think it also registers there when you decline notifications from a website

All new.

If a webpage even tries to ask for background notifications it will be recorded here.

Even if it's auto-declined due to not being https, or due to you hitting decline manually etc.

Basically doesn't mean shit tho.

Will it stop bugging me about notifications if I disable them?

serviceworkers have shiny metal posteriors which should not be bitten.

Pale Moon doesn't have this problem.

Fuck, this is all getting so tiresome, I spend so much time removing new (((features))) these days.

oy vey

Thanks OP, I had a bunch from youtube, twitch, ea, origin, etc

Unregistered them all, I don't need this shit.

Go to about:config and type in dom.serviceWorkers.enabled , then when you see it, right click and toggle it so it is False.

holy fuck this board is full of brainlets...
just fucking go to the config and disable service workers.
if you were that concerned about your privacy they already would be disabled.
jesus fucking christ.

>holy fuck this board is full of brainlets...
any thread, any topic, it's just full of brainlets
no wonder those wojak edits are popular, people love their reflection

>>I never agreed on having washittonpost's botnet always loaded in my browser
load their site with JS disabled. Last time I did I could still read the articles.

this is actually really good technology
these run in your browser as separate services from the web pages they originate from
this is standard technology with lots of provisions enforced by the browser preventig them from accessing stuff other than their own webpage, only work with https etc
they're used for caching, offline mode and notifications and are only really useful on phones with limited data access imo
once ios finally implements this, these will be a really good alternative to native mobile applications for basic phoneposting purposes

"Service Workers: Not Enabled"

Plebs, every last fucking one of you.

I got nothing.

>itt: user learns about web browsers in the modern age

>browsers have daemons now
why is this allowed

>good technology
No, it's a better version of awful technology. That doesn't elevate it to good.

Same.

How the fuck are you still surprised when Mozilla pulls this Shut? They have literally been worse than Google this past month.

Unrelated to mozilla, every browser has web workers

This is a web standard dumbfuck. If anything blame the W3C.