Played myself and ordered a Noctua NH-D15 for a build that is supposed to be aesthetically pleasing

Played myself and ordered a Noctua NH-D15 for a build that is supposed to be aesthetically pleasing.

What an ugly motherfucker.
I can't take it back because my girlfriend threw the box away.

What do I do about this ugly abomination?

So... General Noctua Thread I guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Nc2aonsseg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get off this board you manchild

Try not being a faggot
That solves most problems

Enjoy a patrician aesthetic instead of flashy bling.

>here cares more for aesthetics than performance and cooling
go away

can't believe a thread died for this

I kind of expected this. You all don't prefer AIOs?
Also, I will try and work with the brown and beige, I guess.

Build a second computer then you patsy.

please end your fucking life

No. I can easily buy an AIO that performs just as well and doesn't look like an anus.

I did get my 1700x to 4.1 Ghz on it stable, though. knocked it back because I was at 1.45v... but I did get there.

>AIO leaks
>bricks system

AIO's are a complete meme user. Stop wasting money for 0 performance increase, and stop making retarded threads.

Noctua > every AIO

Kek, I have never seen shilling so hard in my life. I had no idea you all thought so highly of Noctua.
Finally something you faggots can all come together on.

I even had to order a new case just to fit the goliathon bastard.

they literally spent 5 years designin a simple case fan

To be fair, I had to waste money for the big bastard and for a case it would actually fit in because no dirty casual will buy it from me.

Sounds like something someone on the autism spectrum would do in my personal opinion, but I digress.
They are practically silent.

That's your fault.

>buy an AIO
>have fallen into the watercooling meme
go away

>"my girlfriend"
>has a girlfriend
go away for the third time reddit faggot

>BEING CALLED NAMES

THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD I JUST. GONE. TO. REDDIT.

REEEEEEEE

You guys can't honestly expect me to believe you're all basement dwellers with no vagina on the horizon. There's no way that could be statistically accurate.

>Spend more for the same performance
>It's louder
>Pump breaks
>CPU socket dies

But it looks modern, god damn it.

Why does it matter what your cooler looks like?

It's not like you have a case window, do you?

>Spend more

Nah, man. I see where you're coming from everywhere else but with the D15s and the extra fan it was around $100. Could have almost bought two Coolermaster Masterliquid 240s for that.

If I say yes.... are you going to tell me to go back to Sup Forums...?

In all fairness, I have a second microATX build in a Fractal Define Mini.

when does "modern" has become a standard of performance ?

The NH-D15 is $90, and no AIO in that price range performs the same.

You could save us the trouble.

>Have AIO
>1-2 years on and it starts grinding constantly
>Temps shoot up, CPU is constantly throttling and hitting 105c
>Don't realize for probably months
>Eventually replace with NH-D14
>Just werks ever since

>base his opinion on looks
RRREEEEEEEEEE

Not wholly... I'll keep the damn thing guys... Shit.

Also, for the sake of sharing...

Look at this shit. This is how I'm living until my case comes in. Disgusting.

>Hybrid Nvidia card
You realize my 1080Ti stays under 60c OCed at full load with an air cooler, right? And I can hear it in my case as much as any other fans, which is none 'cause they're all noctuas.

>Watercooled AIO GPU
For fuck sake why are you a walking cliché

>played myself
fuck off back to Facebook

My NH-D14 looks fucking fantastic.

My U12S too

Bought the GPU from a guy on Craigslist for $250 at the beginning of the year. Not my fault it has an AIO.
I sold my 290 for $300 when the mining craze went off, bought the 980 ti, and bought dinner.
He was selling two of them simply because he had bought a prebuilt and it was "outdated" and he needed two 1080s in SLI.

I assume by now that idiot has bought 2 1080tis or Titans.

So you guys really arent meme'ing when you say you preferred PC cases in the 90s and early 00's then? Huh...

Gonna try this 1700x at 4.2 1.450v

performance > looks
kys faggot

Immediately shut off during a CPU-Z Bench.

Wonder how far I can get it if I disable four cores

TECHNICALLY it will perform the same as a decent AIO.

I guess for the sake of no spills I will keep it.

Anywho, I got the R7 1700x to 4.15GHz just now and benchmarked it with CPU-Z. Single core is benching higher than I had expected honestly.

youtu.be/_Nc2aonsseg

Look up Noctua Chromax. You can make the dh15 gayman but at that point you're spending a lot of $$$ for one cooler.

It kind of sucks you can't buy a noctua chromax dh15 for a small amount more... but I think they'll change next year

What voltage?

To add to this if you do care that much about gayman to save money you can use the brown noctua fans as case fans and use the chromax on the cpu cooler. That way you can have silent 140mm case fans and your cpu looks aesthetic.

>girlfriend
>my
jej

>buy Noctua DH-U9S
>get memed on
>barely keeps me at 75-80 without overclocking
fuck man, I need a new case
one of my back fans died the other day too, its just falling apart after all these years

Aren't those the LTT collaboration fans with noctua?

Post more CPU benches, I want to see the MHz. Also safe voltage is like 1.4 and that's a stretch

Nope, they released regular coloured ones now.

>tfw no NH-U14S TR4 support
I fucking want aesthetics for my threadripper damn it.

I've got a Cryorig H5 Ultimate for my R7 1700, works great. Looks kind of like that in the case (for size, not otherwise obviously). It does most of the job of the NH-D15 while being cheaper and not looking like it's made out of drainpipe plastic. It does "enough" of the same as in, it does it until you way, way overvolt your CPU which is really the only time you need a dual-tower cooler like the NH-D15 (or whatever Cryorig's equivalent is called, they have one too). In those cases, those are still only a few degrees cooler. Voltage probably becomes a problem before heat with Ryzen, anyway, or the shitty VRMs if you're on a B-350 like me.

Just keep it if you're happy with it, it'll probably fit any future CPU you might want to use, and it's not like the heatpipes are going to wear out, so just see it as your future cooler for every main PC from now on.

hating noctua's design is THE ultimate pleb filter

enjoy your low aesthetic iq