Chinese Thread - 中文主題

Discuss Chinese language and culture. Feel free to talk about Cantonese or dialects in addition to Mandarin.

Resources for Learning Mandarin
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu

Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/

Other urls found in this thread:

pleco.com/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde
youtube.com/watch?v=cFvLq3rPeTk
youtube.com/watch?v=OjNpRbNdR7E
youtube.com/watch?v=wOkvQr2Trt0
amazon.com/Great-Wall-Chinese-Essentials-Communication/dp/7561914792
youtube.com/watch?v=k89lVXlJS9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

今日我吃太多早饭。昨日我喝一瓶白酒。我的膝盖疼。我是胖,累,病。

Jinri wo chi tai duo zaofan. Zuori wo he yi ping baijiu. Wo de xigai teng. Wo shi pang, lei, bing.

哦,大哥,你知道这个网页吗?我想,是非常好中文资料。

O, dage, ni zhidao zhe ge wangye ma? Wo xiang, shi feichang hao zhongwen ziliao.

这个链接已经在OP里

好啊。这些链接吧!
Haoa. Zhexie lianjie ba!

pleco.com/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

PLECO是最好的中文词典在手机。
Pleco shi zui hao de zhongwen cidian zai shouji.

Ni zhidao hanzi de stroke order shi absolute?

>这个链接已经在OP里
top kek
芬蘭, 你太可愛了

别谢繁体瑞典兄弟,谢谢。我太笨。
Bie xie fanti Ruidian xiongdi, xiexie. Wo tai ben. :(

I also think adding pinyin is nice.

但我沒有學過簡體字...
dan wo mei you xue guo jian ti zi

为何?我觉得每位外人第一学大陆汉子。
Weihe? Wo juede mei wei wairen di yi xue dalu hanzi.

我不会读我的国家繁体名字。
Wo bu hui du wo de guojia fanti mingzi.

蘭 = 兰

是因為我的女友是台灣人 :^)
shi yinwei wo de nvyou shi taiwanren
而且我覺得繁體字比較好看
erqie wo juede fanti zi bijiao haokan

我在我的城市找到了有白酒的酒吧,但是我还没够岁喝酒 ;_;

啊明白。我喜欢台湾人,但是我希望中华民国回中华人民共和国。您能不能读简体字?
A mingbai. Wo xihuan taiwanren, danshi wo xiwang Zhonghuaminguo hui Zhonghuarenmingongheguo. Nin neng bu neng du jiantizi?

所以您不是十八岁吗?
Suoyi ni bu shi bashi sui ma?

我19岁,但是在美国你需要21岁喝酒

in that case(?) 你不是我哥哥,你是我弟弟哈哈。我今年三十岁。
in that case ni bu shi wo gege, ni shi wo didi haha. Wo jinnian sanshi sui.

大家,你们都看不看中动漫?我想是surprisingly好。看《录时代》。
Dajia, nimen dou kan bu kan Zhong dongman? Wo xiang shi surprisingly hao. Kan "Lu shidai".

其實我有點看不懂簡體字。我在台灣學了兩年的中文了,所以我有很多台灣朋友。他們都用繁體字。你為什麼決定學習中文呢?
qishi wo youdian kan bu dong jianti zi. wo zai taiwan xue le liang nian de zhongwen le, suoyi wo you hen duo taiwan pengyou. tamen dou yong fanti zi. ni weishenme jueding xuexi zhongwen ne?

因为我是创业者和中国是世界第一市场。现在欧人谁要钱但不能一点汉语是笨。遥遥无期世界是中国的。
Yinwei wo shi chuangyezhe he Zhongguo shi shijie di yi shichang. Xianzai ouren shei yao qian dan bu neng yidian hanyu shi ben. Yaoyaowuqi shijie shi Zhongguo de.

那我祝你好運,芬蘭哥(我今年29歲)
na wo zhu ni haoyun, fenlan ge (wo jinnian 29 sui)
如果有機會的話,你一定要在中國學習中文。這樣你的中文會進步很多!
ruguo you jihui de hua, ni yiding yao zai zhongguo xuexi zhongwen. zheyang ni de zhongwen hui jinbu hen duo!

我知道,但是现在我不能去中国。将来我去住那里。我有一点关系在上海。好人。
Wo zhidao, danshi xianzai wo bu neng qu Zhongguo. Jianglai wo qu zhu nali. Wo you yidian guanxi zai Shanghai. Hao ren.

Starting lessons next week at the Confucius Institute.
Textbook is "Great Wall Chinese", anyone know of this? I guess it's a publication of the institute itself or Hanban.

Mandarin is the ugliest Chinese language.

huh, 你忘了粤话 哈哈哈 那就是最丑

I would like to learn chinese but can you guys tell me how did you learn to write/read it?

Fuck off commie.

like this (approximately 0.0001% of total effort this far in picture)

Are you sure about that? Take a listen.
youtube.com/watch?v=cFvLq3rPeTk

If it's spoken by mainland bastards who piss in the streets it's ugly.

And if swedish is spoken by dalafolket it sounds like someone with severe gay lisp getting punched in the mouth and buttraped to death. Your point?

我有一個角膜, 因此只有你有公雞他媽的角質刺誰用你父母的滾!

喂? 你疯马?

You know, 遥遥无期means it's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future and that is the opposite of what the context would suggest.

I actually didn't know that, thanks ge. What I meant was "at some point in distant future".

How do say that?

any good books to guide where to start?

這是熱到不能他媽的公雞的地步! 但隨著火雞可以用你自己的父母他媽的頂端!

You tell that commie sympathizer!

What do you think about this song?
youtube.com/watch?v=OjNpRbNdR7E

beautiful

any tips for improving listening and speaking abilities

listen to a lot of chinese language media and talk to chineses speakers

Nice Pinyin effort, Finn bro!
1. The word you are looking for is "绝对"(absolute), in Pinyin it's "juedui".
2. It's not set in stone per se, but if you want to progress beyond chicken scratch, it's better to follow the order.
t. Chinese.

News media requires perfect mandarin pronuncication so that's safe bet. I like to watch Chinese Perspective once a week for that.
youtube.com/watch?v=wOkvQr2Trt0
You also could maybe find good drama in Viki to get hooked. "Love me if you dare" is excellent. Stupid english name, 他来了,请闭眼 literally means "He is coming, please close eyes" referring to psycho murderer. English names to Chinese shows and movies are curiously always translated horribly.

If you trust Amazon, here:
amazon.com/Great-Wall-Chinese-Essentials-Communication/dp/7561914792

Cantonese is worse mi amigo.

How much does the Communist Party pay you?

He's right though. With that said, I agree 100% that peasant mandarin with 兒 added to every single word is horrible. However, in contrast to cantonese, mandarin can actually be beautiful :^)

Yueyu is slack and loose with its "gamaaaa, lei loulaaa fenmeieeee" kind of talking you know. Sometimes after watching some cantoshit movie I write lot of 啊啊啊啊啊啊 in muh tiebas, and speak hanyu like that. It's cool.

25 days in, almost at 1000 hanzi (recognized in words, no writing)
Still pretty hard though. Looking forward to when I can just relax and watch tv shows and at least read the pronunciation of almost everything in the subs even if I don't know all the words.

仍然不太满足

Are there any proxying genuine chingchongs ITT?

>"memorizing" 1000 hanzi in 25 days

不要羡慕

any tips on memorizing hanzi?

enjoi ;)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:80fa4f41ee5cd3dad97405d35c78ca9053b5f080&dn=Chinese%20Language%20Learning%20Pack

Honestly maybe not anything too helpful. I'm cheating because, even if they aren't things I've seen before, I am very used to distinguishing them from learning some 日本语

Just use anki or your choice of SRS system, and at the very least write them out a few times when they include new radicals.

Also, this is somehwat obvious, but pay attention to phonetic components like the 人 in 认 and like 请清情青精晴

I also find it's a lot easier to remember pronunciation from audio, so do lots of listening even if it's just from Spoonfed Chinese

哇~~你们的中文真棒的!

I'm been doing spoonfed and nothing else for a week when should i do anything else?

这个人是不是你?
youtube.com/watch?v=k89lVXlJS9s

Depends how you are using spoonfed