CPU-Z Thread

CPU-Z Thread
Benched my 1700x at 4.150Ghz
1.45v
Using a Noctua NH-D15S with 2 fans.

Think for once I won the silicon lottery.
I haven't seen many people get to 4.1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMIh8dTdJwI&t=895s
youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&feature=youtu.be&t=740
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now run it for 2 days with OCCT/Prime95/IBT

>this post will be deleted due to anti-semitism

But... That seems pointless.

i really hope zen+ can hit 4.5 and has ipc that is close to the 8700k

>2 days
Fucking retarded

The newer your ryzen chip is the better it'll OC, pretty much.

Should clarify, newer as in production date, not that it has voltage degradation or something.

Why would you wish for Zen's IPC to go down?

He means singel core performance. For some reason people think that's ipc.

single core ipc f a m

>1.45v
So, you gonna have single thread of a 6700k for the whole week until your chip begins degrading?

Zen+ is going to be fucking great

>FX is going to be fucking great
>rx480 is going to be 1080 level
>rx580 will surely be 1080 level
>vega will beat 1080 ti
>fury gonna beat 980 ti
shall I go on?

look at that ST performance though

look at that voltage. Ryzen degrades past 1.35 with everyday use. Official amd statement.

Official amd statement was actually 1.45

sauce

Did you buy it recently? Threadripper bins also clock uptop 4.2GHz thank to node improvements. 4.5-4.7Ghz for Zen+ on 12nm doesn't seem far fetched.

I'm running 4847/1.385v on my 2500K with a D15. Is that a good overclock?

I wouldn't leave it at 1.45v for more than long enough to bench that. Comfy 4.050 1.38v is what I'm running it day to day. Might clock it at 3.8 1.3 later on if I feel like there's a chance of poor heat dissipation or degradation.

Multithread...
Compiling and rendering is probably insane on that chip.

I bought it around Halloween.

Not sure. I have no experience with 2nd gen Intel i5s senpai.

I'm running two instances of ffmpeg doing x265 and it looks like it can't even max out all cores. Being able to game while running VMs and rendering videos is exactly what I wanted to do with this machine.

>these stabilitlets

What are your temps under load? I noticed Ryzen likes to stay under 60c. I can get 4.15 at 1.425 but my H100i can't handle it unless I blast an AC on it.

Might have to invest in a NH-D15

You don't want to run that voltage for daily use though, see how high you can go at 1.35V

This.
Running at 1.45v, unless you put an oscilloscope on vCore, you don't know what is actually going into the CPU in terms of spikes and ripple.
I know that my Asus CH6 on default everything except vCore pushes at least 0.022v higher than you set, based on the test points on the side of the board. Voltage at the CPU will be even higher, and that's just with a multimeter, so it doesn't account for spikes and ripple.
If I set my voltage to 1.45v, I'm pretty sure the CPU would be taking spikes of up to 1.48v.

Set LLC to level 1 rather than auto and don't go above level 3 unless you know precisely what you are doing.

I'm aware of this. I'm just making the point that you don't know what your voltages actually are unless you are measuring them with the correct equipment.

You probably want LLC in the middle at 3 if 1-5, or whatever the middle setting is.

youtube.com/watch?v=NMIh8dTdJwI&t=895s

>You probably want LLC in the middle at 3 if 1-5, or whatever the middle setting is.

Not for the crosshair 6 - as it is a board built to win world record LN2 runs its LLC is extremely aggressive and Elmor suggests keeping it at 1 or 2.

I currently have myh 1700 set to 1.43v in the bios with LLC1 with translates to 1.36v~ territory under load. Since idle voltage is basically irrelevant i'm doing alright. Bear in mind the C6H OC guide suggests

I lost the silicon lottery, My 1600x idles at 70 celsius.

Doesn't the 1600x have a 20°C offset on the temp readings?

Might have. Still, thats a really high idling temp

That’s absolutely fine, I’ve seen a retard use 2500K at 1.47V at 5ghz with manual voltage (no speedstep enabled and no C-states) for over 6 years and it died this summer, those cpus can take a beating.

The +20'c offset on the 1700X/1800X was done so that the fan profiles would be correct to keep the CPU at lower temperatures on the high wattage parts. Don't think the 1600X has the offset as it's not a high TDP part, but the offset does sort of demonstrate that Ryzen likes lower temps.

I noticed my 1700 idles at 50°C but under load it barely goes over 60°. I don't mind these idle temps if under stress it barely heats up.

Jesus fucking christ

faggots here you go:
youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&feature=youtu.be&t=740

the 1600x is a high tdp

95W is not high TDP.

Get more disk bandwidth. Generally by that point you can't feed the cores fast enough without enough bandwidth for them to choke on.

Nigger, you can't even do that with the 7700k @ stock clocks, let alone the 8700k.

it has the same 95w designation as the other x series processors. i was saying it has the temp offset

Behemoth

thanks, user

clock to clock ryzen ipc is much more senpai