"""""""""""gigabit"""""""""""""

I just got gigabit internet. Or atleast I'm PAYING for gigabit internet. And it gets even lower than this at times, this is honestly todays peak.

How fucking hard have I just been swindled? Is Gigabit download a meme?

>Is Gigabit download a meme?
No, living in Canada is a meme.

curious, why would someone need gigabit internet? 100mbps is already a lot

Are you using a shitty router that your ISP provided?

>T.datalet

fuck off retard

maybe you should learn to read the fineprint where it says "UP TO X Mbit"

and enjoy your burger-tier internet in a few months

I get around 900Mb/s. Depends entirely on the time.

>Why would someone need more than 56Kb/s?

Fucking bitlets.

Have you restarted your cable modem, and router after the service was enable
Can your router handle the speeds?
Is your modem compatible?
Does your PC have gigabit?
Are you using proper Ethernet cables?

>Depends entirely on the time
and this is how you know you're sharing a copper cable and dont have fiber to your home. fucking opticlets

> falling for the high-speed internet Jew

Hue

>Canada
Obviously.
Should have moved to Europe before.

t. paying 72€/month for 1Gbit internet and actually getting the bandwidth fully saturated.
Feels good.

You can't have copper here with 1Gibt connection, only fiber straight from the substation.

So Sup Forums wouldn't make fun of you. see:

ethernet is copper and there's Gbit ethernet cables that can push data over some distance if they're cheap fucks and just pull fiber to your neighborhood and copper the last stretch

>reset
I had to unplug the modem 5 minutes after the guy left to rearrange cords

>router
I'm plugged right into the modem

>modem
the dude kept saying its the latest tippity toptier model that they issue to fibre customers

>does your pc have gigabit
ye

>cables
I'm just using the ones that the guy brought, cat 5e

>maybe you should learn to read the fineprint where it says "UP TO X Mbit"

I know but what do they gain from fucking me over this hard? This is less than half what I payed for, they're losing money in the long run if I just cancel and don't go back.

>Ping 2ms
is that some fudged value?
How close to their server do you have to be for this?

Same deal here. Pay for gigabit, get ~200

how quickly do you think I could learn hitlerese

>plugged right into modem
>Directly exposing yourself to the WAN

Fucking madman.

And ISPs always say their routers are great, but they're crap.
Get a Ubiquiti Edgerouter X or Lite instead.

In b4 it's a case of WHY WON'T MY 486 TRANSFER AT 1Gb/s GUYS???

Nevermind I'm retarded.
Your speeds are probably due to your PC, or the local fibre line operating at or very near capacity.
There's a reason why they say "up to" in their markwring.

>Or atleast I'm PAYING for gigabit internet.
That's not true either.
You're paying for an internet connection that's UP TO gigabit. Read the contract your mom signed you dummy.

Not him, but I'm also on fibre optic. My ISP doesn't even offer gigabit yet, but I'm on their top plan (150 Mbps symmetrical) and I'm usually at around one to two ms ping as well on a server ~300 km away.

So the bottleneck could be on my end? Like what specifically? here is my speccy the shit says 2.6 ghz but in reality its 3.2-3.5

Yeah, ISPs are a bunch of crooks.

Nah, you're more than good enough to handle gigabit speeds.

I'm using fiber, retard. Do you even have the most basic knowledge of ISP infrastructure? Where do you think your connection actually leads to? A server maybe? Maybe... that server... can get... overloaded... at peaktimes? Woah.

>How close to their server do you have to be for this?

pic related. there's probably more latency introduced by hops.

Not him but I've hard fiber (via HTTH) for more than 6 years now and I've never suffered an overload where my connection would throttle down. I'm talking 50/50, 100/100, 200/200 and for a couple of years 300/300 which is what I am at at the moment. I don't live in Burgerland though.

I'm on fiber to the home too. It's not about the connection, it's more about the ISP server getting too many requests at peaktimes. I don't live in Pai land either.

I know. I think most of the infrastructure in United McDonald's is just terrible.

I hope you faggots seed your shit.
As a yuropoor, I will never get more than 16 Mbit/s connection within my lifetime and it's already one of the best speeds available but I still seed everything up to ratio 4/5 whenever I can.

>4/5 ratio
>private trackers

Choose one. Then again, you're required to seed for X amount of time and/or ratio in most trackers, so you MUST seed regardless of your connection.

werks 4 me™

It's not a whole lot better here in Canuckistan, but at least we don't have entire neighborhoods forced into a contractual lock with just one ISP. That's the real problem in Pailand. If we were retarded enough to tell ISPs that they can treat traffic differently based on it's origin, destination, or content and Telus used that to screw me, or didn't give me the speeds I paid for, or charged too much for service, I could switch to Shaw. If Shaw did the same thing, I could switch to Teksavvy. Burgerclaps can't reasonably switch ISPs unless they move to a new neighborhood.

I don't use private trackers, I seed public torrents up to that ratio, if everyone else does the same then torrents will never die.

He is using a shitty ISP

If your ISP sells 1gbps, they should damn well provide a modem and or router that is capable of those speeds.

My ISP provides one or allows you to provide your own. The one they provide can still manage to deliver 1gbps on LAN though.

You will never see a gigabit. Stop getting jewed.

i wasnt talking specifically about you, retard

>Bell Canada

There's your mistake.

>inb4 all incumbent telcos are bad -- Bell is positively the worst of the three majors by far

why are you testing to Rogers? use a different server. my ISP uses Rogers backbone for my gigabit service. when I used Rogers I would only get 240-300MBps. I switched and since day one I sustain 998MBps

My university halls internet was connected into JaNET; I would regularly get

Honestly depends on the network topography, if you've got a ton of tiny hops between 5-10+ servers you could end up with 20-30ms ping easily.

However if you've got a straight connection to just 1 or 2 servers, you'll have no issues getting 1-3ms ping. Even over fairly long distances.

Try boot from an USB Live Linux distribution and do speedtest, Windows can be shit at handling high speeds.

Read the fine print you fucking moronic meme spouting jizz bandit.

Kill yourself.

What the fuck do you even use 1000mb down for?

I have 200/100 and most services can't match it at their end and it's waaaaay fast enough for pretty much anything.

Some people want more than what you want, unable to comprehend that? Some people want to torrent a movie in seconds. Some people want to make massive offline backups. Some people just want to be able to have several people in the house streaming 4K video. Houses can house more than 1 person you know. Moron.

Yup, in a house with 1 person, 100-200mbps is fine.

With 4-5 people? 500mbps+ is really going to be helpful. When everyone has 100mbps+ at their disposal its not an issue if you're downloading while someone else is gaming, or watching netflix or youtube.

>tfw my copper connection doesn't support more than 27mbps despite having FTTC

I just want Virgin Media to come up my street and give me that sweet sweet gigabit

>Torrenting a movie in seconds

That's not how torrents work unless you have an ungodly amount of peers who don't limit their upload and your ISP isn't traffic shaping torrents, which they are.

usually 20MB/s any time I download movies, private trackers desu

Ummmm, sweaty, you're paying for UP TO 1 gigabit.

lol, i have gotten 60MB/s+ from 4-5 seeders

Pic related is ~80MB/s with 4 seeders.

and here is ~100MB/s upload on a public tracker torrent

I have 100mb and I could get gigibit with very little effort but I don't because it's fast enough.

>ITT bandwidthlets arguing other bandwidthlets over literal bits

Speedtest defaults to the closest server which is usually pretty close.

>my ISP cucks me therefore ALL ISPs do this.

kek

works on my machine

Now if only FiOS didn't have shit peering to youtube.

I have 900mbps+ download bandwidth yet I can't fucking stream 1080p60 or 1440p/4k youtube without buffering during evening hours.

If I hop on a VPN though it no longer buffers.

Over in Australia we are going through something similar to op, but a bit more depressing.
With our new nbn we get fibre to the node and copper the rest of the way. ISPs would advertise up to 25mbps connections but people would regulary get like 1-5mbps at any given time. This was a combination of shitty copper cables that were used for telephones and haven't been upgraded and ISPs not buying enough bandwidth on the fibre network to handle all the customers, so at peak time you would be sharing your 25mbps bandwidth with 2-10 other households.

Fortunately now the ISPs have to advertise typical speeds, can't boldly advertise max speeds and are now refunding customers based on their theoretical max speed, determined by their connection strength over copper and the ISPs bandwidth on the fibre.

>Virginia
we must be on the same switch, my 1080p videos take forever to buffer

yeah, it's just youtube that's shit, at the same time youtube is buffering I can open up 4k netflix without any issue.

And if I hop through a VPN in new york my routing changes and suddenly youtube stops having issues.

It's obviously local congestion but verizon doesn't give a fuck.