What is the point of backlight keyboards? Doesn't the monitor already illuminate the keys?

what is the point of backlight keyboards? Doesn't the monitor already illuminate the keys?

You never fucking seen a laptop or anything? What's with all the moronic questions on this site? Do you only look at white things on your computer?

ya actually I'm using one right now. Never had an issue seeing the keyboard.

I like my keyboard to have pretty colours

Most people like to reduce their display brightness at night in order to reduce eyestrain. You might want to do the same.

mines at 30%. No issues seeing the keyboard

looks neato

only appeal

If you need to look at your keyboard you're a loser

Do you want to be a gamer/hacker or not ?

chillin 9-5 at hewlett packard?

Not really. Thinkpads even have their "thinklight" specifically to illuminate the keys

Helps when you're not good at touch typing and don't have night vision, if you try reading the keys you'll probably have to look at it for a few seconds because it's so hard to see in the dark without light

>Doesn't the monitor already illuminate the keys?

No, screen at tilted toward you and not toward the keys.

Mine is almost completely off. Of course, the actual brightness at various % values varies between screens, so we can't really compare.

normalfags apparently need to look at the keys to type and the monitor isn't always bright enough to see them. really wish they didn't exist becuase I don't want my computer wasting energy on that shit, I can't remember the last time I ever looked at my keyboard.

probably while you were typing one handed while masturbating

You always need to see the keyboard you try-hard moron. Without thinking, you're calibrating your hand's position on the keyboard with your peripheral vision. I type like shit without my ThinkLight when in the dark and I do not look at my keys.

>what is the point of backlight keyboards?
none, anyone who uses a backlit keyboard is a fucking retard unable to touch type

Is that thing real? And if it is does it work?

>You always need to see the keyboard you try-hard moron.
no you don't you dumb normalfag

Did you even read the rest of what I said you fucking cretin? You're always looking at your keyboard with your PERIPHERAL VISION. Holy shit, kill yourself. Don't try to tell me that your peripheral vision doesn't include the area that your keyboard occupies either you dumb fuck.

>You're always looking at your keyboard with your PERIPHERAL VISION
As i said, no you don't.

Yes.

>he doesn't calibrate his hand's position on the keyboard using the little bumps on the F and J keys
Moron.

Can you not type while looking in a completely different direction? I can, and the keyboard is definitely not in my peripheral vision at that time. Works just fine.

>looking at your keyboard
Is this the current state of people knowing how to type? You're not suppose to ever look at your keyboard.

I typed this with my eyes closed moron.

No, it often doesn't

Do some critical thinking. Clearly it's to increase the visibility of keys.

I said they already had visibility because of the monitor

"increase"

Backlight is fundamentally pointless and anyone who uses it does something wrong. For one, you should never, under any circumstances, need to see the keyboard to type on it. And whether you do need to see the keyboard or not, you should not use a computer in an environment dark enough that you can't see the keyboard anyway, this just puts unnecessary strain on your eyes.

More or less. Backlit is nicer, but it's a simple solution that gets the job done.

Its like.. why i going to buy a "pc chair" if a have a plastic/wood chair

...kinda

nigh t

The market seems to signal that PC users like their computers to look like Christmas trees.

~~night~~

Why would you need to see the keyboard anyway, your hands already remember the layout.

> he hasn't trained himself to masturbate with his non-dominant hand.

imagine being this fucking neurotic. Jesus fucking christ

often enough I'll need to type something whose position I don't have memorized in a dark room. most of the time my keyboard backlight is turned off though.

The one on the x220i does its job but not so well. I wish they covered it up more so as to not hit my eyes directly.

Dude in 6th grade I took a typing class and for our exams we would type a paragraphs worth of shit verbally spoken to us in pitch black darkness. That's what the little bumps on the f and j keys are for, if I can feel those two bumps under each index finger then I know where every key is on the keyboard. Well at least I used to, sadly I've lost that skill since its not something I practice, but shit I could do it when I was fucking 11.

Yeah, keyboard backlights are rather useless. Mine has one, but i keep it off, i just like my switches...
Also, you dont need to fucking look at your keyboard to type. Ever try seeing your keyboard in a dark room with just a green screen? it dont work faggot.