Speed typing

What is Sup Forumss preferred keyboard layout and what is your wpm?

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

28 wpm
My phone keyboard

>not leaving a link so we can all battle on typeracer together

qwerty
realistic average: 100-110wpm
absolute max on typeracer: ~130-135 wpm

>wpm
What, are you practicing to become a secretary? Or just trying to take your shitposting to the next level?

roughly 60wpm

I never got people who bragged about having high typing speeds (150+). It's not like the transition from thought to text is any better with a higher speed, it's probably worse since you have to focus more on typing fast rather than on what you are actually typing.

On the other hand, I once took a cs class with a teacher who chicken pecked at his keyboard with each index finger and I almost dropped the class on that reason alone.

49 drunk as fuck on a filthy t430

90wpm

I type with 4 fingers, it's keeping me back

>it's probably worse since you have to focus more on typing
Spoken like a true typlet

You get to type at the speed of thought at around the 80wpm mark

I come from a time when people played text based games and typing speed mattered. I think the focus argument is wrong, more like the longer you spend putting things down (or correcting them) the more easily you will get distracted. If you can instantly have text show up at the speed of thought without errors then that is the optimum speed.

Kinesis Advantage: scooped, columnar layout, mechanical keys, spherical caps (at least the home row...)

Yeah, you are probably right, if you can get it to the point where no thought is required to type at that speed, then it shouldn't interfere with the quality of your message.

However, human thought isn't necessarily the best speed at which to make an argument. If you are typing out your argument as soon as the words appear in your mind, can you be sure that the argument you are making is coherent and well supported by the words you are typing?

Any source on this?

64wpm.

I type with 4 fingers. Help.

Well then you need the typing speed to delete it all and rewrite it.

45 wpn
2 fingers cause brainlet

>It's not like the transition from thought to text is any better with a higher speed,
this
typing speed means nothing when I can barely think at 60-70 wpm.

ISO ES layout, 110 wpm

Shitty laptop keyboard QWERTY 99WPM

didn't mean to respond

My phone is too slow to do that on this website. But I reach up to 60 wpm using MessagEase (around 52 in everyday use).