W-what is he saying?

W-what is he saying?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That we had a chance to stop Hiro before the damage was done.

Had is the keyword here. The japs tried to warn us, but we did nothing.

I blame all the passfags who lap-dogged up to this faggot. I wish I could post on /vip/, if only just to show them what they've enabled.

"Welcome to the botnet."

>fucking chink pretending he doesn't know English well, when he is buddies with moot.
>"im sure are glad that there is no stupid Sup Forums users." he said.
>killed 2ch
>this shit
fuck this shit, i will not go to cripplechan.

I haven't done anything to my ublock origin, but I can't find the three domains in there. Did Horishima delete the code?

I use uBlock Origin and haven't noticed any adds. Am I safe?

You dont get an animation appearing if you scroll to the bottom of a page? Wait a bit, a banner should appear there.

Would I be right to assume this only works on windows?

>consumes a lot of CPU
Nope. I unblocked the 3 domains yesterday and have been specifically monitoring my GPU and CPU since to see if they were effected in any way.

Bandwidth is unchanged, CPU use is unchanged, GPU use is unchanged.

Unless it's using less than 1% CPU use, it simply isn't doing anything that I can tell.

g00k a fucking nigger
i hope his mother dies in bukkake hell
rip yellow nigger
will not be missed

Is there a solution for mobile yet or are they proper bricked?

Different guy but I also havnt noticed anything even if I do that, I do use 4chanX as well.

>implying gook moot's rep wasn't publicly known before he bought 4chins
I guess you should've lurked moar. Hell a good bunch of anons, including me, even spoonfed you newfags what kind of douche herro was. This was anything but a surprise.

Same, I have ubo with Medium mode settings. Should be good.

>Tfw bought a pass before Hiro and I don't use it anymore out of shame
I used a prepaid card but I'm still scared

I've followed OP image's advice now, and I don't see anything. I checked before applying the patch though, and saw nothing then either. I'm assuming that uBlock did me a solid and blocked it. That's another point to the pro-adblock team, I suppose.

i just use 4chanx and disable 4chans native scripts with umatrix and it works pretty well.

Why are you posting a screenshot of discord

See my post Dont bother with filters, use medium mode. Even the UBO developer, gorhill, uses it.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

He's part of the botnet.

Lol you just have them your IP and any other personal information they could get

Hiro has that info anyway, he could sell it himself

Considering one of the domains is literally an IP address to a google cloud server, google already knew.

We need to find out what MGID is

Bro its Mick.

So what this ad is only bad if you clicked on it ya? I remember seeing it and just ignoring it.

No, it scanned your shit regardless

Is it time to go to war against Hiro now?

>MGID roots trace back to 2004, when a brilliant young programmer from Ukraine, Stanislav Telyatnikov, created the first modern native advertising technology.

>In 2011 MGID became a part of Finam Global Fund, which is a part of Investment Holding FINAM managed by a leading Russian venture investor, Victor Remsha.

>In 2014, MGID moved its headquarters to Los Angeles to be closer to key sports, entertainment and lifestyle clients.

Why would these guys hire Hiro?

I honestly I just use this site because it's not deserted, but it's a fucking piece of shit.

I use Ublock and now the native extension seems to be borked. Pictures don't expand and if I click them it opens a new tab.

So where are people finding this "obfuscated code"?

Are phoneposters fucked?

who the fuck is mick?

if you haven't been posting as if every post is saved in publicly hosted text file with your name on it, you're completely reasonable, but you're also fucked ;)

hi nsa pls look at my character I'm a gud boy I follow all the rules n stuff just like you asked pls good grade pls

Just use something like clover that interprets the site for you.

Is any of this related to the bullshit WP sites being DDOSed aggressively in the last 2 days?

No. They even safer than us

>Why would these guys hire Hiro?
To try to get control of the greatest site in the history of the internet.

are my settings okay?

>W-what is he saying?

Mick Today at 12:13 AM
@everyone
Hey pals, just a quick security announcement.
Some of you might have had some trouble viewing Sup Forums today, and it turns out that Hiro was hired by a company called MGID which put malicioius ads on the website.

The anti-adblock tool now used on Sup Forums contains obfuscated code and a paycload which bypasses basic adblockers.
The obfuscated code connects to three new malware domains, if you decide to block those domains there's an inline check script that notices it and kills the CSS, ruining the site's appearance and making it unusable.
If the payload does execute, it scans your PC and for identifiers such as your PC's name, MachineGuid and your Windows Account ID, sending this data to a third-party server.
It also consumes a lot of CPU. Maybe it's just data mining, but it's also possible that it's using your CPU to mine crypto or testing the waters for a more dangerous payloads in the future. Whatever it is, it's sketchy as hell and should not be run in your browser.

To protect yourself, do the following (even if you're already using an extension like Appchan X):
Download uBlock Origin and open its dashboard.
Copy/Paste the following line into the "My Filters" section.
boards.Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js,String.fromCharCode)*.mgid.com

>the greatest site in the history of the internet.
fatchicksinpartyhats.com?

who is this guy and why am I supposed to trust what he says?

So how many of you actually reported it to be included into a block filter, easylist for example?

>gstatic.net

So this ad started popping up recently but only sometimes on a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked am i?

The only reason why you might suspect something is if you run an adblocker and the site's layout is fucked up.

Were you daring enough to enter?

on a scale from 1 to 10?
Gamer/10

left click on your ublock origin, show me your settings

I got the same thing going on as these guys
halp I'm a board tourist

If you use an app you’re safer than any desktop poster.

What exactly does this do? Are you only fucked if you have a Sup Forums tab open?

What discord is that from?
I want to personally tell this guy that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

What can it do to me though? It's only getting shit like my device id right

I switched ublock origin to medium mode, but the 3p-script block disables captcha so I can't post. Is there a way to keep 3p-script block enabled but create an exception for the captcha?

>sometimes

I have the same problem. Ads like this started appearing 100% of the time so I added the abort-current-inline-script.js block, but that only dropped it down to like 5% of the time. How do I get it down to 0?

I bought it because i live in thailand and and the entire country was ip-range blocked. We knew he was gonna fuck up somehow anyway

Is this like the default because ive noticed none of the ads/funkiness people been talking about

if u want that detailed, look into uMatrix - but if you're a newbie it can break a lot of sites...

i use medium mode too but for Sup Forums i put 3p-script/frame to grey

Wait, so if these ads popped up at the bottom, is there any risk to them being there period, or just if you clicked them. And regardless of the above, is there anything to worry about in post if you saw these ads? I saw it 2-3 different times before finding out about this.

>fatchicksinpartyhats.com
fatchicksinpartyhats.com expired on 11/15/2017 and is pending renewal or deletion.

>static
>thinking it does anything other than reCaptcha

They're loading code onto your browser which is running it. They're basically XSSing you.
It's arbitrary execution of possibly malicious javascript.

I haven't seen any ads, i have 4chanX + OneeChan + Ghostery + ABP and Anti-Adblock Killer
think i might be safe on this one

how can I use greasemonkey to block this? it's the only thing qutebrowser has besides hosts blocking.

Couldn't Hiro get into deep shit for doing this, or is he just able to get away with this and there's nothing we can do about it?

Am I safe if I close the tab? Is there anything else I should do?

haha yeah guys i totally believe that hiro hired some ukranians to burn a massive, cross-platform 0day just to put ransomware on a few computers and identify a few Sup Forumscucks by name! makes so much sense!

it's already confirmed ransomware

This gook can fuck himself, i'm leaving this shithole.

>random shitposter said it was because of Sup Forums so that means it must be true!
kill yourself.

Test

Fuck off retard

So can my heart rest easy user? Is it just generic info takin?

>Is it just generic info takin?
it's just an anti-adblock script you fucking retard

>this is BS! I'll see you tomorrow guise
fixd

Glad to be a retard then be fucked by viruses again never had the best luck with computers, thanks

>he doesn't know

I'm reasonably sure that there's at least one person that visits Sup Forums that would pay to have Hiro killed (or maimed at the very least).

I got the filter set-up so I guess I'm safe now.
Is there anything else I should do to defend against this in the future?

What about phone posting?

>pay to have Hiro killed
I'll pay

I assume it's Windows-only

>people are unironically browsing the modern web without umatrix

Just use Clover

I'm iOS, are there any other alternatives or am I stuck with Safari?

You know, 8ch doesn't have this problem.

99 problems but this ain't one

I have to ask: what problems does 8ch have? Hmm? Not only does it have its own captcha system but it doesn't have malicious adverts. As far as I can evaluate, the average poster on 8ch is much more intelligent than your average poster on 4ch. It begs the question as to why anyone is defending 4ch anymore.

> what problems does 8ch have?
It's dead as fuck

all you niggers need a better adblocker i have ublock origin with all the filters enabled and ive not seen any of this bs u guys keep talking about

Did you have it on Day 0?

no

i had ublock origin (and firefox with tracking protection) if thats what you meant
ive never seen this banner ad or breakage at all

not sure if you meant did i have ublock or did i have the ad thing

I was just curious because uBO + uMatrix did not work when it was first pushed.
It was only until a day later or two the lines were added to the default 3rd party filter list.

You have to delete your browser cache before or after updating uBlock. Just saying.

weird, i've never seen it at all and i would have noticed an ad getting through my blocker at the bottom of the page or any page breakage

How long ago did all this start from?