OS Security

which of these OS's is most resistant to malware / most secure in general

assuming you
>run the latest version of software
>run a good AV / VPN
>are careful about what you download / run
>have secure / unique passwords

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-15556/Apple-Iphone-Os.html
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-1224/product_id-19997/Google-Android.html

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-156/Apple-Mac-Os-X.html
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html

yes I know Linux is technically more secure than all of these combined

but I don't see the point in having a 99% secure computer
when i can only run a fractions of the programs I want,
at a subpar speed

where instead I could have a 90% secure computer
and actually be able to do the things I want on it

so please, just for this one thread
forget about Linux because it simply isn't compatible with what I want to do

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-156/Apple-Mac-Os-X.html
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-33/product_id-47/cvssscoremin-7/cvssscoremax-7.99/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mobile is a security shitshow in general.

GNU/Linux.

Sage.

Use your brain and don't connect to the internet and you'll be fine.

why's that?

wouldn't you be fine if you only used standard apps?

for the sake of this thread,
can you just ignore Linux

and tell me which of these operating systems wins
in terms of security alone, price is no issue

if it helps, think of it like the special olympics
you're not pitting Lebron against some kid in a wheelchair

the solution to "tell me how to win the special olympics" is "don't compete in the special olympics"

>cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-156/Apple-Mac-Os-X.html
>cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html
Really made me think.

motherfucker can you read
my job / lifestyle doesn't allow me to use such a limiting OS

are you not able to, only temporarily
remove the penguin from deep inside your asshole

consider that not everyone has time to / wants to
>learn a new OS
>wait for programs to load
>change their lifestyle to suit their choice of OS

the number of vulnerabilities doesn't exactly encourage confidence in Linux anyway
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-33/product_id-47/cvssscoremin-7/cvssscoremax-7.99/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html

>>my job / lifestyle doesn't allow me to use such a limiting OS
maybe you should change that.

Mac OS has a great number of vulnerabilities

but it seems Windows has a much higher proportion of serious vulnerabilities

I'm not particularly tech literate, but it seems the ones highlighted are a greater issue than the ones not,
right?

>bypass something

>something happened

iOS > macOS > Windows > Android

you're so deluded
you've forgotten what the purpose of technology is

it's meant to complement our lifestyles, make life easier

not require us to completely overhaul our way of living
to suit an OS that's only benefit is security,

sacrificing
>ease of use
>speed
>compatibility
>tech support
>etc

obeying what someone else wants you do do, for their own benefit, is always convenient. They take great pains to make it convenient, since that's the most effective way to get you to comply. Living your own life on your own terms isn't very convenient. They try very hard to not make it convenient, because that doesn't make them money or give them any power over you.

Your call.

Let me tell you a story.
Little Billy loved his yoyo and has gone so far to tell every other kid in his class how good it is for having fun. He added: "It's just so easy to use due to it being simple", and he loved it.
George came to him and told him about Space Invaders. " It"s simple too, you just need to get a feeling for the controls. Once you played a hour or twi, it will be your favourite Game. YourYoyo does it's job, but you could have so much more fun"
Billy replied denyingly "No, i don't want Space Invaders,what's the fun being so bad at the start of the game, due to not being used to the handling? I like it when my yoyo spins up and dow. With Space Invaders i suddently have to think vertical, it's so regressive". George couldn't help it and with a slight mockingly tune he said " It's ok if you're simple, but you are so uninformed. You don't just can go left and right, you even can go behind defenses - adding to strategy and shoot aliens. They shoot too "

Billy grew old, with his yoyo, while all of the other kids have had a steady profression in technology for their fun. Sid Meyer's Civilisation, Grand Theft Auto, Pizza Connection, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario 64 and much much more.
>don't be a stubborn Billy

what are some tangible benefits of using Linux instead of Windows / Mac then?
if I switch to Linux tomorrow
(assuming it's super easy to learn)
what would make me never want to leave it again?

yoyos / video games aren't comparable
(it's funny that in that fable, video games are held in high regard, when so few video games run on Linux)

a better comparison would be
standard mobiles vs smart phones
because the average user doesn't see a computer as a game,
but as a functional tool they expect to assist in completing day to day tasks

Billy went on to get paid and impress girls with his cool yoyo tricks, while George is still living with his mom playing Train Simulator 2018. Occasionally Billy plays Call of Duty with his friends, but doesn't see the point in devoting as much time to that as he did to his yoyo

Good idea. I'll just go rewrite autocad from scratch. I'm sure that will make my life better.

don't mix work computing and personal computing.

I guess we don't really know what OP wants this for, but he seems to have determined what he wants isn't really compatible with linux

Literally no antivirus needed, no shady cracked software needed, because amolst no software for bucks.
You have often a bunch of different utilities to choose from, where you choose the one that suits you best. You can make the system work for you, not learn obeying it with it's flaws.
It's running better consumption wise. 100mb ram in idle? easy.. it's not even zhe lowest you gcan go. Browsers? instant start. (All programs start faster)

there"s steam on Linux.

it's ok, you got my point, so it's okay.

did you just assume my gender

nice digits

>Literally no antivirus needed

interesting, I'll look into this

>running better consumption wise
price isn't really an issue for me, I can afford 16gb + ram

checked Steam

there are
~8000 games for Linux
~35,000 games for Windows

no
>Garfield Kart
>Age of Empires (dealbreaker)
>GTA
>PUBG
>Rainbow Six Siege
>Cuphead
>Doom
>Plants V Zombies
>Left 4 Dead
>Arma 2
>Dishonored
>Witcher
>State of Decay
>Dark Souls
>Spore
>Just Cause
>Binding of Isaac
>Assassins Creed
>Skyrim
>Fallout

though I will admit, there are more games on Linux than I imagined

thanks, but could you expand on why this is?

iOS is used by the government

>yes I know Linux is technically more secure than all of these combined

Wrong, Windows is. NT as a kernel kicks Linux's ass, but Win32 has to go.

>though I will admit, there are more games on Linux than I imagined

If you are interested in it, here are a number of emulators for Linux for all consoles from 1st through 6th generations and a bunch of PC emulators as well.