What did he mean by this ?

what did he mean by this ?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-64-mining-performance-blows-away-titan-v-xmr-monero/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because of HBM2, AMD produces about 2-3 Vega 64s every couple of days.

did the fury/nanos have this kind of stock issue ?

Seriously. I get GTX 1080 at same price as Vega 56 in euroland. Fucking AMD get your shit tohether

Monero minging.

Oh, the sweet scent of XMR mining.
Yet nVidia has no problems producing V100 in volume.

>you will never be a monero

I fucking hate miner fags

me too

I love miners

I too. Poor Volta.

wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-64-mining-performance-blows-away-titan-v-xmr-monero/

Sorry, no AMD Vega for us.

Not like anyone want Vega anyway...

miners do

I'm a gamer

Miners being suckered into the latest crazy which is clearly currency manipulation by shady parties trying to hype shit and cash out before the big crash coming in 2018 a.k.a new laws in China regarding crypto-currenices are coming into effect.

GV100 is much harder to make in volume. (Huge-ass die + HBM2) That's why a "subpar" part a.k.a Titan V starts with a MSRP of $3K while real deal a.k.a Tesla V100 has "ask a sales rep".

You're a faggot, your 1's and 0's are no more important than his.
At least some combination of them makes money.

PC Love.

It's just supply and demand. Miners want the cards because the ROI is from 2-6 months depending on coin, for example Monero mining with Vega is amazing. People are going directly to distributors along with bigger local chains and buying ALL the Vegas. The thing is even at 200-300 above msrp mining with Vega is still worth it, so of course suppliers are going to markup as much as they can.

The second issue, supply, is simple. GloFlo can't keep up with 14nm at this time, they are at capacity. You have Zen for desktop, Threadripper, and Epyc (which need 4 dies), Polaris and derivatives, and finally Vega. Before someone screams "well why not go to Samsung for some chips", well the answer is masks, validation, and ramping all costs significant upfront capital, which AMD is rather tight on right now, as well as many months of time. I think this is part of the reason why EPYC is taking long to ramp, they just don't have the available capacity yet for everyone. AMD and GloFlo want to get 12nm out asap so they can get Epyc and RR filling up production while comparitvely lower volume/margin desktop stuff gets produced on 12nm. AMD would need SIGNIFICANT demand for a product to go to another fab. Right now they just can't risk sitting on stock and investing tens of millions for masks/validation/etc for products that might not sell (say a crypto bust) or be obsolete (12nm, and competition).

NV still ships ( and will continue to do so) V100 is sizable amounts to hyperscale.
Memory is not the problem; AMD simply fears dedicating more wafers for GPUs.

Minerfags, son.

When the algorithm increases in difficulty, will the market become saturated with used GPUs?

wtf you can actually buy these things?

Yes.

>miners are singlehandedly filling AMD’s coffers
What happens to AMD when the bubble pops?

They either go almost bankrupt and close the GPU branch or they have to make something who can compete with nvidia for games.
First one will most likely not happen because ryzen / epyc carrying them vs intel.

Nothing, they are barely dedicating any wafers to the GPUs.

Literally just got a 500€ Vega 64 from amazon, in what shithole do you live?