Install launcher on any phone

>install launcher on any phone
>pop up appears to define default launcher

>install launcher on huawei phones
>you have dig on the settings to find where the heck are the "default apps" options and then choose manually your new launcher

Why does this happen? Is Huawei so proud of EMUI, they don't want you to use other launchers?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/chinese-company-installed-secret-backdoor-on-hundreds-of-thousands-of-phones/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>huawei
Enjoy your chinkerinos laden phone. Hope you enjoy losing all your trade secrets!

I don't own one, but a friend bought one and wanted me to leave it "ready to use" aka install all important apps and stuff. Found this weird shit when I installed Nova and the phone was ignoring it.

Be a good friend, and tell your friend to stop being retarded and get a non-backdoored phone

Fuck him. I suggested even some Moto phones but he still went for Huawei because those are everywhere here and they are cheap

>he still went for Huawei because those are everywhere here and they are cheap

Out of curiosity, what region is this? I havent really heard about huawei except from /csg/, and getting your phone (or keyboard or pc) from Alibaba seems like an incredibly bad idea.

If you're using their launcher it's easier for them to gather data on you with the intent of selling that data or receiving money for targeted adverts.

Chile. There's a lot of Samsung, Sony, Lenovo/Moto, but lately we had a storm of Huawei, Alcatel and ZTE phones.

Chink quality right there

Nova is malware. Stop installing shitware on your friend's phone.

Those haven't been made in decades

>le both sides are bad may may
I dont recall any american phones being implicated in leaking trade secrets

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/chinese-company-installed-secret-backdoor-on-hundreds-of-thousands-of-phones/

Source?

Source or gtfo

EMUI is an abomination, specially on MM devices.
After a few months of using it I gave up and installed Lineage OS, it's not perfect by any means but its better than fucking EMUI
When your friend realizes he cant use Instagram stories and Snapchat bcs it can't render videos properly he will be returning it or begging you to install LOS on his device.
But since Huawei camera is full of ultra propietary shit, it doesn't work well on custom roms (it will get fixed soon, apparently). The biggest irony is that IG stories and Snapchat work flawlessly on Lineage/AOSPA
BTW: if you want to witness the botnet on full force check the "extra permisions" on default apps. Even the music player wants permission to read your emails

t.Argie stuck with a p8lite

Ohh, and I forgot. EMUI still doesn't have Smart Lock, a feature that exists since LP bcs fuck you.
And dont even get me going on the notification panel taking the whole screen with no previews. My moms busted Moto E feels more modern than a Huawei released in current year.
They also release like 10 different "mid-range" devices with the same hardware but crippled firmware, and dont even provide a fullOTA in case you accidentally brick one
Fuck Huawei

not him but i live in the uk most our phone shops have sold huawei phones for years theyre pretty cheap aswell

>install launcher from F-Droid
>whenever I start up my phone it takes a minute to load the F-Droid apps so I have to change the default launcher each time

Explain

t. nova user for several years

>even the music player wants permission to read your emails
True. Every single Huawei app wants access to your location, contacts, messages/mails and calls. Which is puzzling when the health app or the music player ask permissions for all that too

If i had to guess, I'd say it's to make it more difficult for normies to accidentally install launch screen hijackers

I assume he means because it's proprietary, so it's "malware" as in something you wouldn't want to have on your device. If you don't give a shit then I guess it's fine but if you say you're a supporter of free software and you use Nova then that's hypocritical.