Recommend me a 4K VA 27' and above monitor for the price range of 500-1100

Recommend me a 4K VA 27' and above monitor for the price range of 500-1100.
I'll send 25 bucks to your btc address if you post something i buy. Currently looking at samsung va monitors but i'm clueless.

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01D1LZ7Y8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513791121&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k va monitor&dpPl=1&dpID=51XHsZBpf8L&ref=plSrch
tomshardware.co.uk/hp-envy-34c-monitor,review-33345.html
youtube.com/watch?v=x-gzJLc5syo
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-27-4k-hdr-monitor-up2718q/apd/210-amvp/monitors-monitor-accessories
youtube.com/watch?v=K2YfIZXAWSg
prad.de/new/monitore/test/2017/test-philips-328p6vjeb.html
hardforum.com/threads/best-reviewed-a-mva-monitor-thread-read-the-1st-post.1803228/page-28
eizo.de/coloredge/cg3145/
news.panasonic.com/global/press/data/2016/11/en161128-4/en161128-4.html
flandersscientific.com/XM310K/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

27 is too small for 4k
get 32"+ something.

I got AOC U3277pwqu for 500$ for photoshop blender and shit, it fucking rocks. allows multitasking, and keeping a bunch of windows on one screen.

DO NOT GO SMALLER

>AOC

poorfag detected

I don't play games, so only movies/series and browsing/trading is what i'll be doing. I've done some research and been told VA is better for watching shit because of the contrast/deeper blacks. I don't mind 32inches but i'm sitting about a foot or a little bit more away from the screen. I have bad eyesight and dont wear glasses when on the comp as screen is quite close and i'd like to keep it that way.

Samsung VAs have terrible QC, but I don't have an alternative to recommend that's 4k and VA, sorry

That model I mentioned has no gay men features like synch whatever but has breddy good AMVA panel with 92% Adobe RGB color space and magnificent fucking 3000:1 contrast, great blacks and uniformity.

The quantum dots may support HDR and synch shit but I heard they have worse color space.

wouldn't a better color space be required for watching movies/series? the latest samsung VA models have quantum dot technology like the pic i posted but are around the 500-600 range aswell.

Here you are.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513790418&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k%2B27%2Binch%2Bva%2Bmonitor&dpPl=1&dpID=41HBhGO91KL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

>www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513790418&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k%2B27%2Binch%2Bva%2Bmonitor&dpPl=1&dpID=41HBhGO91KL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
>viewsonic (shit)
>ips
>gaming monitor
hmm i don't think this is a suitable monitor for my needs friend.

Nah fuck off.
24 inch 4K is peak performance

I'm finding barely any 4k VA panels at all in tftcentral's panel database: tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm

This guy's AOC uses one of the very few 4k VA panels, made by Innolux

Besides that 31.5" panel from 2015, I'm only seeing two others: a 32" Innolux from 2014, and a 39.5" from TP Vision, also from 2014

Try Samsung

Fuck. Try this one.
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01D1LZ7Y8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513791121&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k va monitor&dpPl=1&dpID=51XHsZBpf8L&ref=plSrch

>IPS
>VA
why does it say both? Also it isn't 4k but maybe can do without it i suppose. Not even being sold by anyone besides some random small business on amazon.

The envy 34c is VA (well, sva technically)
tomshardware.co.uk/hp-envy-34c-monitor,review-33345.html

I think the only 4K VAs Samsung has are based on the same 31.5" Innolux panel

which would you recommend? the 2015 31.5?
samsung just came out with new panels so it cant be 2 years old

Can't say I've looked at any of them, so I can't really give a recommendation.

Just because a display is a new model doesn't mean the panel is also new. Innolux started producing the 31.5" panel in 2015, but it's not discontinued and there are no other similar panels. If you want VA and 4K, it looks like that displays using that panel will be your only choice. That means whatever flaws the panels have will be common to any displays based on it, but there may be differences in terms of features and image processing.

Is 4k VA actually the best for watching movies/series? i know ips and TA are out of the question but what else can i look at?

Personally I don't think 4K is necessary or even useful on a small screen - especially with compressed content.

For media viewing, nothing beats OLED. But that's a bit out of your price range... cheapest you can find the 55" LG TVs is ~$1500. Still, if that's an option, it's worth considering.

If you can't swing the price or size of an OLED, then VA is still your best bet. Like I said though, 4K isn't necessary. That opens your options up quite a bit, with several 2560x1440 options between 27-32".

Personally I'm on the fence. I want to upgrade, but I'm picky enough that I don't think a VA panel will cut it. They do blacks well, but viewing angles aren't great. My plan as of right now is to see if they show anything new at CES in January, and make a decision based on that. We may see new models supporting HDMI 2.1 next year, which has more bandwidth to support high refresh at high resolution. Also hoping for better HDR support, and maybe variable refresh rate (also part of the HDMI 2.1 spec). So I'm looking forward to seeing that in the new OLEDs, and maybe picking one up. If they're not enough of an upgrade, I might get an older model OLED. Or I might wait to see how the new 27" and 32" IPS displays with FALD turn out. Those might resolve some of the black level issues with IPS displays.

Having said that , you might look at the LG 32GK850G. Not 4K, but it's new and VA and seems to be getting good early reviews from people.

Google colorspace measurements and pick the best one.
There are guys who actually measure output color accuracy and post such benches

That's only really important for professional work. For media consumption, black levels, contrast, and viewing angles are more important.

Will check it out, I'm from UK so some models aren't available to me but sometimes there are equivalent spec different models that are basically the same. I think you're also right about 4k not being needed since most media will be compressed and it won't have as big of an impact unless all media i'm viewing is in proper 4k which 90% of it won't be. Also i could get a 4k oled tv but i don't want to because i'm sitting about 1-1.5 ft away from my screen, i sit close so i can see it properly due to bad eyesight and not wanting to wear glasses if i push the monitor back if it was 32+ inches or something.

Actually i just read somewhere it's already out in US but will be out in UK in March 2018 so i'm looking to get something right now and not wait a couple of months. Unless ofc i can find a way to buy and ship overseas here.

It literally defines how saturated the colors are and what is the maximal saturation of colors it can output.

The gaming shit and semi pro monitors are different as 200$ chinkphone display and some flagship samsund apple smartphone display.

LG does have plans to expand their range of OLEDs down to 40", but that probably won't be until 2019/2020.

OLEDs aren't really suitable for general PC use anyway though, on account of burn in. As a dedicated media display though, they're the best you can get.

Measuring colorspace doesn't tell you about black levels, contrast, or viewing angles.

Well yeah.
But it does tell you about saturation and color representation.
I dont know how you can not care about it, really

I didn't say you shouldn't care about it, but for the purposes of watching video, it's relatively less important than accurate colors.

>less important than accurate colors.
Sorry, something happened with my brain here. Should be,
>accurate colors are relatively less important than black levels and contrast

Any other recommendations besides the LG that isn't out yet? I've been searching a lot but can't seem to find a good one, i don't mind spending money, I don't think £1000 is a low amount for a monitor so that is my budget.

One grand buys you a pro IPS panel with 100% abobe RGB

Those are more towards photo editing/etc which i don't care for or need.

What about the Philips 328P6VJEB?

I can't reccomend anything to you. No point in getting 4k until HDR comes through. Wait for samsung to make a 4k HDR600 monitor next year
I'm using 4k at 24" right now and it's fucking great

I looked into this and the cons i found were
>No gsync/freesync
>60hz
>design uses a lot of plastic
the first 2 don't matter unless i'm a gamer right? and the third is w/e, doesn't really matter either. Colours seem to be good and 4K VA.
>youtube.com/watch?v=x-gzJLc5syo

This is literally the only good 4k monitor on the market
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-27-4k-hdr-monitor-up2718q/apd/210-amvp/monitors-monitor-accessories

People say 120hz makes normal desktop use snappier, with less blur when scrolling webpages and moving the mouse cursor. But otherwise, yeah, doesn't make much difference for non-gaming.

It's another display based on the 31.5" Innolux panel.

That "review" is pretty bad. This guy did a bit better job: youtube.com/watch?v=K2YfIZXAWSg
He complains about it looking "washed out," which gets worse off angle. This sounds like off angle gamma shift, which is typical of VA panels.

Prad.de also reviewed it: prad.de/new/monitore/test/2017/test-philips-328p6vjeb.html

Their conclusion, in regards to video watching:
>In short: The video playback is good, but remains at an average level despite the excellent measured value in contrast . Im-picture contrast and black level are good in practice, but solve - unlike the high value for the contrast suggests - no wow effects.

>The color representation is by the very good coverage of the HDTV standard (Rec. 709) and the color temperature near 6500 K in any case very well and naturally. The playback is also pleasantly fluid. We did not notice micro-stutters, and the scaling also works great with playback of full-HD material via BD-Player. The sharpness advantage of the 4K resolution , however, quickly disappears at a greater distance from the display.

>The extent to which the dependency on angles of view is important here depends strongly on personal viewing habits. Sitting reasonably centrally, even two to three spectators can use the Philips from a few meters away as a TV replacement. After all, not long ago , the 32- inch diagonal was the standard size for televisions. Compared to a real TV, you have the advantage of extensive ergonomic functions and easier transportability.

So in short terms it's a no? hmm Which VA Panels don't have this washed out affect?

No idea. Check this thread for up to date discussion on the best VA displays: hardforum.com/threads/best-reviewed-a-mva-monitor-thread-read-the-1st-post.1803228/page-28

Though it does tend to focus more on gaming monitors, so displays that would otherwise be fine for video might get overlooked.

samsung has the best display tech available at the moment. but sucks at tuning them.

get something Eizo from if you want the best of both worlds.

maybe save your money on this one eizo.de/coloredge/cg3145/

That's an awesome display, actually. One of the only ones available based on Panasonic's super high contrast panels: news.panasonic.com/global/press/data/2016/11/en161128-4/en161128-4.html

IPS with 1,000,000:1 contrast and 1000 cd/m2 brightness. The downside is it will cost at least $25k.

Also it may draw an unreasonable amount of power, presumably to achieve such high brightness/contrast: Flanders Scientific is the only other company with a display based on the Panasonic panel, and theirs draws up to 300W. Plus it will cost $45k.
flandersscientific.com/XM310K/

>paying more for LITERALLY the same panel
Enjoy your branding and RGB stands

>not buying your panel with the information based on manufacteuring origin

>VA
Why?

better for media consumption

>I'll send 25 bucks to your btc address if you post something i buy

lol, it costs more than $25 in fees to even send a bitcoin transaction now...

You didn't list a country

but any of the LG IPS free-sync displays are going to be fine

Acer had a 43" 4k display on sale at newegg

I was able to send $25 to bit rex only a few weeks ago

The fee right now is like five times higher than that of a few weeks ago.

OP said he wanted VA, not IPS

Same thing

got 2 32" 4K samsung VA
go for it they are great

Any news about the various issues with CHG70 monitors such as blurry text and lines? Did firmware updates or new batches solve them?

Fuck off with your pixelated bullshit, faggot. 24inch 4k is where it's at.

AOC U2879VF 28"
300€ on amazon

I really like mine

I hope the market for monitors will finally turn decent at some point in the future. This is getting tiring lads.

>DO NOT GO SMALLER
are people too stupid to understand what scaling is ??

Your phones have high resolutions with things scaled up 200-300% and shit looks good that way.
The main point of high PPI is not more screen real estate.

Probably won't happen until LCD's successor comes along, whether that's OLED, microLED, or true emissive quantum dot displays. Any improvements to LCDs are just bandaids on a fundamentally mediocre technology.