Apple admits it slows down iPhones

>Apple admits it slows down iPhones

Defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbrain.com/loapi-cryptocurrency-mining-android-malware-2518847106.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any way to counter this? I like my iPhone 7, and this is straight bullshit on Apple's part.

At least they don't explode like most Androids under full load.
gearbrain.com/loapi-cryptocurrency-mining-android-malware-2518847106.html

bwahahaha ifags fucking told. what if they replace the battery is it still gimped?

>Apple
i won't even try

>iOS updates are literally malware

>like most Androids

That's the most Jewish justification I've ever heard.

>Apple admits it slows down iPhones to deal with aging batteries

HOW ABOUT HAVING REMOVABLE BATTERIES SO WE CAN CHANGE THEM WHENEVER THEY GET "OLD"

YOU FUCKING

FUCKING

NIGGERS

N - I - G - G - E - R - S

Replace the battery.

>iphone8s arriving preexpanded in the box.jpg

Why replace a battery when you can just replace the phone

No. Battery wear is something you can measure in software so that is what it does.
It just silently downclocks your phone once you cross specified wear levels.

There will be lawsuits about this. A battery replacement is much cheaper than a new phone but they acted to hide the battery degredation behind lower performance. When your phone is running like an old dog that new iPhone8 starts looking enticing, but all you really need is a battery replacement.

I can't defend it, but three years later and my iPhone still feels fast enough for my uses. It's not enough to make me switch to Android, which has its own share of problems. Hope this blows up into a shitstorm for apple, though.

thanks for the astute answer

Meh. Another minor thing that gets blown out of proportion. Maybe I'm biased because I don't use Apple, but I still don't see the point in caring much.

What is with people in technology and being the whiniest, susational prone bunch out there? How do you not have heart problems? You sound so on edge desperately scouring news articles for the slightest negative thing to excuse being a cunt.

That's what you get for buying a product with a lithium battery you can't replace

tl;dr
I don't see the big deal, seems fine to me.

That sounds like a legitimately good choice given their userbase, I can't tell you how many people I know that have phones WITH replaceable batteries, but throw them out for completely new phones when the battery won't hold a charge as long anymore. If Apple got their numbers down to a point where they can accurately match clock speed in such a way that the battery life is consistent for the lifetime of the phone, that's pretty decent. People dislike a dead phone more than they dislike a slow one, it's not like you need all them cycles for sms and shit and the Apple userbase wouldn't replace their battery if they could, those that do send them to shops that service them so nobody seems to be negatively impacted here.

iTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Defend this
Why, they do it to prevent battery issues. It says right in your picture, OP.

dont upgrade os

So rather than have your phone die at 25% when you try and send a text message, it'll just ramp down the voltage to the modem and drop service? Or the processor and freeze the app?

My last android did this after 4 years and I'd rather just had the fucking thing cut off.

Buy a new battery, retard

damnit I hate you apple so much but the racially mixed girls in your commercials are so cute

dude naw

dont act like you wouldnt face fuck her

Just because I have low standards doesn't mean she's cute though. I'd face fuck just about anything that would let me.

>touching niggers
>being in the same room as niggers and having a functioning olfactory system

I fucking love these types of girls. Ethnically ambiguous is the hottest type of girl. I don't know if it's the same for me.

she looks like a mix between an icelander and poo to me

Fuck no.
>what's a computer
Absolutely disgusting.

That's fucking disgusting and it should be illegal if it isn't already.

Why do you feel that way?

It was done behind users' backs with no indication in the updates (they didn't announce it as a new feature or a fix) and they only admitted it because they were found out.
These indicate their intentions to deceive their users and act in the company's best interest instead.
It's definitely a black mark against them.

>These indicate their intentions to deceive their users
Why jump to this conclusion?

He just explained himself you colossal fucktard. They hid this from the users.

>Why jump to this conclusion?
What is history?

Why trust Applel?

I fail to see how it is "hidden" if they are openly talking about it. Regardless, I fail to see why you would jump to the conclusion that just because something was omitted, that the intent is inherently deceptive, where is the sense in that? Deceptive in what way? This is a sane feature that practically increases the longevity of the device, what's the problem? I'd need you to elaborate on how it is deceptive in any way, did they lie about something?

I see no reason not to, I give them the benefit of the doubt in the same way you must for everyone. I'd have to have someone prove to me that the intent here was to deceive people and not to simply do what they think is beneficial for the product and thus the users of that product. Apple has nothing to gain here in allowing people to use their old devices longer.

History is history, it's not current and not relevant to this specific case, Apple is a big company, Steve Jobs obviously has no involvement anymore so that image isn't really convincing me of anything. Even if he was around you have no idea who is making decisions here. It's completely unreasonable to jump to such a conclusion without an actual basis, the things you're providing apply to other people, other aspects of the company, and other products. Evidence must be current and applicable, otherwise anyone who does something wrong once will be forever damned and that's obviously not fair.

Not an argument. I have never even owned an Apple product, what would it matter anyway? What about my points do you disagree with and why? What are the flaws?

I don't blame apple one bit. I wouldn't be surprised if Google was doing the same shit but in a much less obvious way. (Normie friends have been complaining about how they know the updates make their phone worse).

As long as people are willing to waste 800 on a phone annually manufacturers will continue to to make phones with non removable backs, waterproof and when you send it in to replace the battery you loose waterproofing. And front glass with curved edges so you can't use a TGSP and you're more likely to crack the screen and get a new phone. And low quality nand with botched trim support that slows down over time.

>if they didn't throttle
>do something battery intensive even for a fraction of a second
>current draw causes battery to drop in voltage
>phone turns off

wow great experience unlike nexus 6p lmao

$79 for a battery replacement from apple

>Apple does something to increase longevity of the phone
>people perceive this the complete opposite way because it's Apple
rude

Apple shills are in full force, I see

Easy, just dont use apple

>Defend this

All android flagships have non removable batteries.

Therefore they will have the exact same problem with battery decay as the iPhone. Either they will do the same thing as apple, or their phones will just start to randomly die.

It's only $999, goy!

And all they had to do to avoid all the flak and in fact get their dick sucked extra hard is to print in the user manual that the system will downclock itself when the batterry starts degrading. For safety and shit.

But all the major android flagships (Samsung, google, one plus, and likely the others I haven’t checked) all use non removable batteries too. So they will have the same problem.

TLDR: android phones either do the same thing or face older phones randomly dying at 25% battery.

Also your slowed down iPhone is still faster than an android.

Why do you act the way you do? Is it for attention?

They are removable.
You simply need a special tool to open tbe phone.

this actually made me laugh

what an oddly hilarious post

It should be very illegal for a company to deliberately sabotage its own products to force you to buy new ones.

Yeah if you’re going to take apart the phone then the iPhones battery is removable too you retarded android shill.

How is it sabotage?

Here are the two options:

Phones battery dies early, phone randomly dies at 30% battery
Phone runs slower but battery life remains the same and phone doesn’t randomly die when you do power intensive tasks

Both are obviously trade offs, both suck. I don’t see any objective case for one option being better than another.

but straight up glitching out is not a good tradeoff. my brothers camera literally stopped working after the update but snapchat was fine.

>I fail to see how it is "hidden" if they are openly talking about it.
>they only admitted it because they were found out.
Fucking reading comprehension.

>apple does something to increase the likelihood people will look at newer iphones with envy because theyre buttery smooth while their one chugs thanks to the downclocking
>people perceive this as an attempt by apple to milk more device sales instead of replacing batteries

What do you mean? It can't be hidden if they're talking about it, regardless if it was announced or not prior to discovery, when someone figure out this was there Apple confirmed that it was, hiding something means that you don't talk about it at all or straight up deny it or try to cover it up, not talk openly about it, that's the complete opposite of hiding. If they were hiding it you wouldn't know about it, obviously.

What do android flagships do with their phones which have non replaceable batteries?

Some do the same thing, others just die at a faster rate than when they were new.

>Apple continues supporting old phones with updates and takes this measure so the battery remains consistent

>Android stops updating phones after 2 years and their batteries start shutting off for demanding tasks

Defend this.

BUD BUD DING DING CUSTOM ROM FIXES ALL THESE PROBLEMS

>NOT WORKINGS: WIFI, CAMERA, MODEM, BLUETOOTH, NFC, GPS
>BUGS: U TELL ME ;)

JOIN MY TELEGRAM GROUP FOR UPDATINGS

They were hiding it because they didn't tell people about it in update notes, they didn't tell people it was a feature, they implemented it silently without notification that the performance limiting was taking place.

When people discovered it was happening they went into damage control.

The fact they aren't hiding it NOW doesn't mean they weren't hiding it BEFORE.

This is why you need to consider reading comprehension.

This is kinda bullshit desu

my GF's iphone 5s slowed to a fucking garbage crawl with iOS10 and the battery life was so bad she had to charge it like 4 times a day, so bad we were actually having fights over it because she kept getting stuck somewhere with a dead phone and blame me for it, and I'd tell her to get a new phone that wasn't fucking gay and she'd say she was still paying for the 5s so she couldn't until next year (this was like a year ago).

I ended up replacing the battery in the thing with one bought from amazon with good reviews and the battery life was slightly better STILL garbage and it still ran like shit. I don't exactly know or care what hardware is in an iphone 5s, but why the fuck is the battery in that thing like 1500mah when my chinkphones have 4100mah in a slightly larger phone size?

>green bubbles

iPhone 5s owner here and iOS 11 works fine.

You seem to forget that the iPhone 5s was released 4 years ago now. I’d like you to buy a chinkphone from 2013 and see how you do.

It’s probbaly defective.

My gfs iPhone 5s works fine and is 2 years old on iOS 11.

>>Android stops updating phones after 2 years and their batteries start shutting off for demanding tasks
It doesn't. The battery will shut off when it can no longer output the minimum required voltage the system requires, just like anything else.

In that situation an Android user will get a new battery. This can be done for all devices, even ones with "non-removable" batteries, including iPhones.

An Android user will get a new battery and the device will return to operating as it does with a healthy battery. The iPhone user will have a device that performs poorly in exchange for the battery that requires replacing lasting a bit longer with each charge (and degrading ever faster with each charge), not realizing the poor performance is due to the downclocking rather than the age of the device they will buy the new iPhone instead of getting a battery replacement.

Don't mind him. He's a lost cause.

ITODDLERS BTFO

"Sup Forums"/10

kek

>this much mental gymnastics

You basically admit that both users can get their battery replaced to fix the issue, so what exactly is the benefit for the android user (who isn’t even getting software updates at this stage?)

>Android stops updating phones after 2 years and their batteries start shutting off for demanding tasks
Cool story

>oh yes that Galaxy S5 is definitely still getting software updates
>meanwhile the iPhone 5s has entered its FIFTH year of support

>The fact they aren't hiding it NOW doesn't mean they weren't hiding it BEFORE.
It also doesn't mean they were either, hiding is an active task, the omission of a feature in a log doesn't imply hiding, it takes effort for them to write up the changelogs, it's not like it's there automatically and they removed it, they have to add it, failure to do so again doesn't imply anything. Even open source projects have this problem where not every change is simplified into release notes, it doesn't mean they're hiding it either.

Cynicism isn't a valid justification to jump to a conclusion like this, no matter how you spin it.

I was talking about the battery part.

It’s true.

That’s the reason Apple slows down phones. It’s a choice between that or shorter and erratic batteries that can randomly die.

rather have a slow phone than one that lights you on fire

So if I replace the battery in my old iphone 5S which suffers from slowdowns and poor battery performance, will that reset the intentional slowdown by the OS?

>"How do you not have heart problems"
>" You sound so on edge desperately scouring news articles for the slightest negative thing to excuse being a cunt"

This

Poor battery performance is the cause of the slowdown, you don't want to reset the information stored with the battery you want to replace the battery altogether. If you reset the numbers it's not going to refresh the battery but the phone will think it's new which will drain it even faster. Replacing the battery would fix the problem.

>|["using more than one quote symbol"]

test

Probably this, if it's possible, though? (Auto updates)

t. Android user

Planned obsolescence at its finest. Apple cucks will defend this.

No such thing.

That’s been sitting there for weeks now.

For iphones, may be. I'm using an almost 3 years old lg g3, it still does 3 hours sot and it had shit bettery life since day 1. It's actually faster than it was on release because stock android 4.4 was shit. My mom is still using my ancient shitsung ace and it works as good as android 2.3 with a 1 core armv6 possibly can, battery capacity obviously degraded to shit, but it doesn't just "randomly shut off", just loses charge very fast.

Sure is fucking Jewy in here. They paying you much?

The benefit for the android user is that their device won't try to hide the fact the battery needs replacing.

This is old new, OP.
>pic related

Apple products are not inherently bad, but the Apple (the company) is a bunch of bastards.

How much software was recently deprecated because iOS11 doesn't support 32bit Apps anymore? A lot. In our company we had all kinds of software problems, because if your password manager is written in 32 bit you are in problems.

Nobody want to rewrite it's old software from years ago only because Applel says so.

Oh and the new iPhoneX is the most fragile piece of s.. oftware ever. Sure it's pretty hard to use glass that doesn't shatte if you drop it from 10 inch, because this is the year 1924, right?
And of it has nothing to do to sell even more support to the sheeples.

But what do we expect from a company which has the strategy to sell the same product every two years?

And don't tell me an iPhone isn't software.
I AM SO MAD I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE !!

Except they don't throttle the phone because their batteries aren't 1$ chink shit.

Still faster than lagdroid

>being mad over phones

Get a life dude

>she was still paying for the 5s so she couldn't until next year
Nigga is your gf from Zimbabwe?

Wrong. Android batteries degrade just like iPhones. The difference is, android phones batteries will just randomly shut off under demanding tasks while iPhones slow them down.

Along with the fact that androids are no longer supported after 2 years, there is even MORE plann d obselescence on android phones.