Are Chrome users literally retarded?

>he uses chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please explain

From google's website:
>When Data Saver is enabled, Chrome opens a connection between your phone and one of the optimization servers running in Google's datacenters and relays all non-encrypted HTTP requests over this connection.

It's a feature that Opera used to use in their mobile browser, only it'a optional in Chrome

What's your beef? It's not 4 https...

>data saver
you still have to transmit the data from your phone to the proxy, which uses data.
unless they mean they compress the data from the target server and then send it to your phone.

the whole thing is sketchy. this is literally a man in the middle attack.

>it's optional
bitch please. optional doesn't mean shit to google.
qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/

So this is where NSA do their interception and strips then re-applies the SSL to all packets?

Are we really gonna have these "omg you guys they're spying on us" threads forever? We all know dude, everything is botnet, the sky is falling, all that.

Just get off the internet if your privacy is so valuable.

if you don't want your car stolen, don't buy a car.

I will get off the internet after I get off your mom

If everyone's cars got stolen everyday then yeah, don't buy a car if you don't want it stolen.

how bout just lock your fucking car and don't hand the key over to strangers?

I sold my soul to google long ago. It's too late to give up now. The same browser across all my devices, everything syncs. Haven't seen a password box in weeks. Chromecasts on the tv's, play music, movies and games and all it needs to verify purchases is a fingerprint on my phone. Kids can't buy anything by "accident".

Life in the botnet is good bro.

Are you saying that simply changing my browser would stop the goverment from spying on me?

You know better than that, what you would have to do to be absolutely sure nobody is spying on you is just not worth it.

The lock your car analogy just doesn't fit here, it's more like build an underground bunker for your car, with a big sign on the surface saying "I'M HIDING FROM THE FBI, DON'T LOOK"

not using a browser that hands your data over to the government is a start...
you retards think that there is one single solution to solve all your problems.
there is no one solution. there are several solutions that contribute to solving the overall problem.

encrypt your traffic
use a vpn
turn off javascript/flash/etc.
disable cookies
don't hand your data over to random proxy servers

You forgot your phone, TV and credit card. I don't think there's a simple solution, i'm not even looking for one.

>encrypt your traffic
>use a vpn
>turn off Javascript/flash/etc
>disable cookies
See this is what I meant when I said it's more like building a bunker for your car instead of just locking it. Even the things you mentioned are just a start.

I'd rather have my data collected than having such a miserable experience with technology. All my shit just werks.

rekt

this is what huxley tried to warn us about...

You all miss the point with data collection.
The real issue here is that unknown entities are profiting (and profiting large) from your very existence. YOU who creates and lives this 'existence' never see a penny.
Now, if I were allowed to collate and then sell my data for profit that went straight in my pocket, I would happily do it.
>Fuck the parasites that profit off MY life.

>google
Enjoy your botnet.

opera had this 10 years ago, other browsers copying opera yet again

This is a good point but there's nothing we can do about it really.

What the fuck? Hasn't one of the biggest concerns of any sysadmin since 1990 been to compress and serve data efficiently?

Not only does this intercept data about the client, but it would also be masking the data for the server. Who's connecting to my site? Oh, it's just another Google web crawler again.

Fuck this and fuck services like Cloudflare who harvest data and pawn it off to the lowest bidder.

They profit off of making your life easier. Yeah google tracks your location pretty much all the time. The plus side? Free traffic data for the whole fucking world, you're local news station only has the helicopter for show.

>the whole thing is sketchy. this is literally a man in the middle attack.
Opera did it for ages and nobody gave a fuck

also
>HTTP
Is there even any site worth talking about left anymore that doesn't enforce https?

>Opera did it for ages and nobody gave a fuck
nobody uses or has ever used opera.

>who harvest data and pawn it off to the lowest bidder.
Wait what?

If someone uses a proprietary closed source browser developed by an AD company which lives from selling userdata and is part of PRISM in current year of the Lord on a daily basis, yes, he must be retarded.

Google and Cloudflare both work with the NSA. Google sells highly targeted ads to everyone and is in the business of pushing propaganda. Cloudflare has no problems censoring or shutting down websites wholesale on a whim. Blah blah blah. They're both an unnecessary evil

But they don't make my life easier. Serving ads to me does not make my life easier. It annoys me.
If I want something I will go look for it.

Look what has happened to our innocent internet

>the whole thing is sketchy. this is literally a man in the middle

So is your ISP, you dumb wannabe infosec retard.

>"Data compression"

They do that in your computer and at the servers

Google doesn't sell data to the NSA, they only comply when they're forced to by law.

After the leak where they were tapping Google's networks, Google encrypted all of their internal networks ASAP.

They don't sell your info, they sell ads. Why the fuck would they sell your personal info? Even ignoring all of the laws that they would break, that would be giving away one of their most valuable assets.

So its OK when google does it?

and whats youre point? that means google isnt doing some shady shit because ISPs..??

It's ok if ISP do shady

Wrong, there is another way around
>Cyberpunk

This isn't Sup Forums to spread faulty and confused analogies. Go back to where you came from.

>unless they mean they compress the data from the target server and then send it to your phone.
of course it's what they mean you fucking retard

yes you retard. it's for unencrypted content. you aren't using websites that have data you care about going over regular http do you? it's literally just to compress html tags and other shit down to a smaller size to save your phone from having to download it. and chrome on your phone is able to read this compressed data. god damn you people are functionally retarded.

>A COMPANY IS DOING SOMETHING I DONT UNDERSTAND REEEEEEE

and if you hate the idea of them reading what unencrypted websites you visit, realize that just by going to a URL, they can also go to that URL and read whatever it is. if it's unique content (you're logged in somewhere) this doesn't do anything because it's fucking encrypted. this is essentially just taking a web spider and using it to compress the html it reads into a unique language that only chrome can read TO SAVE YOU DATA

I never gave google my phone number so I think it is fine.