If you don't know how to solder you shouldn't be on Sup Forums

If you don't know how to solder you shouldn't be on Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYiJ7gYs7Dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know how to solder, but i've done so many drugs I can't keep my hands steady enough to fix anything. Where do I belong?

prison

learn me
Ive tried before with trash tools and the solder always just globbed on the end of the iron rather then melting onto the pins

I also have shaky as fuck hands, I might need to know how to do it for work eventually but my boss hasnt asked me to do it yet

You're not tinning the solder tip properly, using flux or getting things hot enough.

I had that type of issue for a long time till I really watched somebody else do it, and I wasn't so afraid to fry pcb's with extended iron contact.

you really need to heat up your work first, then push the solder into your hot pins, trying to push solder into your iron and getting it to adhere to the pins is rarely going to work.

Buy 60/40 solder lead with a flux core. Works just great.

I used to solder fuckloads with lead + tin based solder and copper iron.
So fucking dank, it just sticks to copper and you smear it almost like paint with a brush, you dont have to heat with one hand and apply solder with the other while holding components with your third hand.

This mew lead free shit and steel irons to which the solder doesnt even stickare awful it sucks.

the key to soldering is realizing the heat flows through the liquid lead and using it to make joints. google it. I had difficulties until I learned about this

Press the iron to the pins for good contact and let it heat up, when hot the pins are gonna suck the solder like a sponge, it will naturally stick to it with wet/sticky forces.

In the gas chamber.

hope you're getting practice in with the lead free because lead is gonna get outlawed in your lifetime
don't forget to think of the children lmao

I have a decent "learn2solder" kit in my garage that I haven't gotten around to playing with yet. I be fuccin up???

You mean laughing gas right?

Technically you can gas yourself with N2O.

I know how I want to die now.

Those are terrible joints.

This. Too much solder, and you can't see there wasn't proper heat transfer to the pads on many joints, since the solder is pooled around the component legs.

Flu on everything, even if the solder you use is rosin flux core, use flux. Tin the iron tip and wires, keep the surfaces clean and a dollar store chink iron will do the job.

Agreed , it's the intermediate mistake of too much solder+cold joints

you do realize women and children in third world countries solder the parts on your phone, motherboard, etc for pennies an hour. right?

if youre proud of "being able to solder", youre fucking pathetic

Ahh perfect, my daily dose of elitism.

I always masturbate furiously daily and my hand can't stop shaking when i soldering something.

Yes, but if you CAN'T solder and you're on Sup Forums, then you're even more retarded than a third worlder who sleeps at the factory. OP is gatekeeping, not boasting.

And imagine not being able to do even that.

Wrong, you shouldn't just not be on Sup Forums, you should be learning how to solder because it is an important life skill that you could use anywheren

If you are virging you have to kill yourself

My soldering is ugly as fuck but it werkz

So, I take it you can't solder?
One of the easier skills to acquire and you can't do it.
FAIL.

Why? This is Sup Forums, it's literary the place where being a virgin is normal. People here have only one love, technology.
3DPD a shit. Enjoy your no wizard powers.

You will get better over time.
I was like you once, but nowadays I even amaze myself sometimes how clean the outcome is when I'm not even concentrating on it.

I know how to solder I think, but I haven't soldered anything since I was in secondary school.

Learned soldering to customize switches on mechanical keyboards. Nowadays only use it to replace worn out switches in computer mice or broken cables on my portable headphones.

Trips of truth

i even solder things as complicated as gpus
it's good to belong here

>If you don't know how to shitpost you shouldn't be on Sup Forums
FIFY

imagine being such a brainlet that you know LESS than women and children in 4th world shitholes.

Is this how you solder?

cool clock, ahmed!

wat

I learned how to solder before I started learning how to read or write thanks to my grandpa who was a TV repair man. It's second nature to me.

God tier soldering skills:
youtube.com/watch?v=hYiJ7gYs7Dw

then why is the soldering and electronics general in /diy/?

Because without it /diy/ would just slowly fade in to nonexistence.

Plenty of boards do that already, it's clearly not a concern.

Wetting

1.Put hot metal rod to small electronic thing.
2.Remove hot metal rod while holding small electronic thing in place.
3.?????
4.Masturbate to anime on your newly soldered shitpad

Czech'd.

>know how to solder
>posts shitty joints pic
gud job, lad

is that a ghetto gas alarm?

Is this a meme or why the fuck do people consider soldering a skill that takes practice and shit?

Its easy as fuck, took me two minutes to learn how to do. I don't understand why people always talk about it like its welding or some shit.

>weld technicians bitching about their "art" on the internet
lmao @ ur life

Why does it matter how good you do your weld? Won't it just conduct electricity all the same?

how'd i do

you need to use flux, i recommend cream ones
literally just that.

disregard every other replies. thank me later.

Great!

Probably because at some point, someone else may have to go through your shit one day and have to go all the mess and shitty mistakes the last person did. Everyone comes from different places and they to have different methods doing things depending on where they are from or raised but if shit gets too bad, things could end up like a 3rd worlder's power line where electricians just go fuck all and just overlap everything. This goes for a lot of jobs and hobbies really.

Are cheap chink soldering kits any good? Are watts relevant for the iron, or a meme?

Took my first hand at soldering two days ago with a little z80 computer
The joints are a little off, and I could've bent the resistor tabs a little straighter, but it passed the smoke test and ran on the first boot

If you don't solder with at least one of these...its the most inexpensive Hakko and million times better than the radioshack pencil solder. It just doesn't have an SMD set of tongs, which most won't need.

Sweet zombie jesus. That was gut wrenching and funny at the same time. Thanks user.

Post soldering webms. That shit gets me hard.

>Sup Forums, finest Sup Forums technology board, sums up the thread with consumerism yet again

i'm not sulking, i'm a huge consumerist whore myself. it's just amusing to see that every thread outside of dpt can be turned into consumer advice

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>you can't make high technology in your home
>so you have to buy it
Shocking and appalling.

>using a soldering iron
>not soldering with your swiss army knife, heated by a lighter and a piece of tin that you have wrapped around your bottle opener

No wonder you need manpurses as per edc threads.

>not using 'ol faithful
29 fuckeroonies on amazon

im not an engineer beta

They should be perfect spheres in a row, like a strung pearl necklace. Each pin needs to know EXACTLY what all 39 others are doing at the same time. Electricity=Magic.

Only soyboys need temperature control and docking stations.

420ch

Nice and shiny, user, good job.

I got a 936 from work, so I know it's a legit Hakko, but the pen that they gave it to me with isn't a 907, and I'm guessing the tips are shitty because it doesn't perform well at all. Has it been long enough that the chink 907s are practically the same thing, is it worth picking up one of those and then getting a genuine tip? Or will what I have now be fine so long as I swap out the tip for something that's not shitty?

Little light but otherwise it looks good, right on.

Enjoy your lung cancer.

good thing I can solder then

albeit electric guitars, mostly

y tf did i just watch this

extra thicccccc solder blobs

I don't know how to solder but I write compilers. I'm probably a bit more versed in technology than you, no?

>>>Is this a meme or why the fuck do people consider welding a skill that takes practice and shit?
>>>Its easy as fuck, took me fifteen minutes to learn how to do. I don't understand why people always talk about it like its installing gentoo or some shit.

O really giving shit about a strangers thoughts...

try underwater welding, or on site dipshit

Try taking a fucking joke for the first time in your life, dipshit.
Your rhetoric doesn't even make any sense, the soldering discussions taking place aren't at industrial scale, so why would the welding example be anything but hobby level?

user...

My soldering iron has not been warmed up for over a decade. The last thing I recall soldering was either a PS2 mod chip for a friend or a mod for a 3200 series satellite receiver back when literally everyone pirated satellite.

Last actual real project I soldered involved an old PIC16C series microcontroller but even that was just fuckign around. There are so few modern electronics that are fixable with a soldering iron anymore, besides the common fix for the Xbox's red ring of doom.

yup
it started as an arduino project until I realized I didnt need fancy beeps and figured out how to negate the output signal so no arduino or IC is necesary.
In the cheap? yes, but it just works

this is what I use. good if you only do similar size soldering. if you do varied sizes with bigger tips variable is worth it.

That's nice, retard.

cool clock, ahmed!

Ah, great thread. My keyboard kit is arriving in two months and I haven't held a soldering iron in my life.

What do

Add more flux.

What if I do know how to solder but am just fucking terrible since I haven't really done it since a middle school "tech" class circa '96?

No thanks, i love my lungs.

Do you love having down syndrome too. Retard.

To the joints won't break; it also affects signal quality in analog circuits (e.g. music equipment)

Sup Forums is literally consumerism: the board

also

We're here for a good time not a long time

Hello Achmed.

Soldering won't get you a girlfriend.

You say that likely with zero ability to manage something like this.

PS: How it looked prior.