If China was a republic would you still hate it?

If China was a republic would you still hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Hb_uHZ2Quw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only reason to hate it is because they picked a dumb system from even dumber commies. Taiwan and South Korea is the level China would be on.

I love China

Define "Republic" there are many definitions.
The republic of North Korea, the republic in Rome, U.S.A, Grece. All different.

China :

Why I love it :
>Millenial history, one of the first human civilisation.
>Great science
>Awesome art
>Good philosophy
>Martial arts

Why I dislike it :
>Shitty governement

It's honestly difficult to say. When they were in power, the KMT was corrupt as fuck, like more corrupt than the Qing. I think there's an argument to be made that the only reason the KMT is actually okay in Taiwan is because they are dependent on American support and so had to reign themselves in. Same reason the South Korean government isn't as fascist as they used to be.

If they had complete control of China like they used to, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't still be a corrupt shithole.

That said, anything is better than commies.

>Shitty governement
It's pretty efficient tho

This desu. China's history and culture is as rich as Europe's. Up until the commies destroyed their morality, Chinese people were good honest people too. I feel bad for China, got fucked over hard by communists.

I love Taiwan.

China was typically ruled by an Emperor and advised by the aristocracy who were the mandarins.

Now now, wouldn't it be nice if we found who would be the legitimate heir to China, resintaure him and the imperial family, and have China become something like a parliamentary monarchy?

Assemblies on local, province and federal level would be directly elected.

The mandarins would be the upper house, and they would be elected indirectly by the lower houses.

There would only be one party - KMT - with openness to all ideologies. Anyone who wants to be politician , from fascist to communist , would have to go as KMT

China's corruption is worse than Brazil's. It's not efficient at all, it's filled with nepotism and purges. It's not efficient at all. The only plus side to having an authoritarian government is China is that it's able to violently suppress separatist movements in Tibet, Xinjiang etc.

Meant to reply to

Republic Belarus the best

Daily reminder that if China were a republic it would be just a bigger India

Not true desu. China's culture before commies was heavily Confucius, which means central government would be a lot more powerful than India, such as in South Korea/Japan. China is also a lot more homogenius than India, with Han Chinese dominating every province, even Tibet and Xinjiang.

If they were just as corrupt and soulless, yes

No pajeet. they would be better than india because they have more resources, aren't muslim or hindooo like your people and chinese people have a far higher average iq. chinaman's iqs are around 104, a indian's iq is around 88. Thats why china built the great wall while pajeet built the great caste system

China could pull off a better Olympics than Brazil.

So, no.

Brazil is worse.

Delete this

That has more to do with the fact Brazil is a shit hole filled with niggers and thieves, while China is a shit hole filled with hard workers and white collar criminals.

>Chinese people were good honest people too.

Someone never read Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Chinese were backstabbing cunts since ancient times.

The only people with moral integrity were those who lost.

I have read that, every student growing up in China reads it in high school.

Go check your IQ
At the very least China would'nt include Tibet if they were a democracy,the reason why Han Chinese dominates now in Tibet is because of Chinese assimilation.Tibetians have a different language system and different philosophy

>found who would be the legitimate heir to China
How?

>Assemblies on local, province and federal level would be directly elected.
Decentralization is nice

>one party
EWW

When the KMT were in power they were as corrupt and expansionist as the communists. They would have done the exact same thing to Tibet.

>Chinese were backstabbing cunts since ancient times.

It's not like European monarchs are that much better. It's how people did it back then. They would marry their sons, daughters, siblings, or remarry just for a chance to the throne of a different nation.

Ex. The British Royal family ( House of Windsor) are German.

>The only people with moral integrity were those who lost.

You don't expect Betas to win. Alphas take all.

The only thing it's efficient at is at turning China into the town from The Lorax after the Once-Ler destroyed all the nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Hb_uHZ2Quw

Yeah,but I was saying if it were a democracy

>implying this is the reason why we hate them

Seriously. China's "soullessness" and corruption isnt any different than the likes in India, Brazil, Russia and other developmental states. Compared to the same corruption and soullessness of Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea during their respective periods of development (50s to 70s), China isnt any worse - only everything multiplied by 1.3 billion.

The true reason why the West hates China is because our propaganda in the MSM has targeted China for the new cold war. If Indian males burn their wives, Indian peasants get evicted from their fields because corrupt local officials have the need for their property, and thousands of people get murdered in Kashmir by the military, the West isnt batting an eye - India isnt the photogenic enemy and it would make democracy look bad, if we reported about their many failings.
But China is. Every sack of rice that falls down in China is being reported as the 2nd Tiananmen, and every SJW that is getting invited to tea by the police because they glue feminist stickers everywhere, is being reported as a gross violation of human rights that deserves bombardment and regime change.

China is the West's worst rival and we like to think about our hate against them being born out of some dumb humanistic wish to 'make them better' or to 'revive their ancient glory', which is, in our orientalist minds, something that never even existed. In reality, our hate against them is just born out of fear. The fear that for the first time, a non-white and non-western nation becomes a superpower.

I swear, if KMT ruled China and they would realize Chiang's Han-chauvinist vision instead of Sun's more 'moderate' (but still plenty chauvinist) plan, we would be told by our media and government to hate them just as we do with the PRC.

Only few people realize that CKS hated America, just as he hated Russia and Japan. He wished China to become an independent superpower to rule the Pacific as well.

Delhi's the most polluted city last year.You think you can blame on problems on Chinese administration?
Large population,not government is responsible for pollution.

All of China's claims came from the time when they were, nominally, a democracy.

If anything, the Communists even gave up Chinese claims and territories to other nations for the betterment of relationship.

But commies never get the good press for that.

As population becomes more resources from nature have to be utilized.There will be only 2 ways two prevent the so called pollution
>Go back to the communist ways and ration resources to prevent pollution
Which China abandoned and chose capitalism in 1980s
or
>Genocide the whole country's people
Which no one will do

Then you probably know that in every period and dynasty, there was corruption, backstabbing, oppression and political failings.

This is why Chinese scholars and people that we would call 'activists' today went to the mountains to get the fuck out from the absolutely shitty and corrupted society even then.

The government may not be responsible directly, but since they're commies they can and have used their power to cut back on how much the factories fuck up the environment (Berlin olympics).

Delhi's problem was air pollution. Have you seen China? Smog is the least of people's worries when it comes to pollution there.

And that nominal democracy fell to the point where even to this day Commies use the 'Boo Hoo Democracy failed,you need us' tactic

>At the very least China would'nt include Tibet if they were a democracy

Ever heard of the Tibetan Empire?

They had their shit kicked in some many dynasties ago and became part of the Chinese Empire.

Some historical precedence is enough to warrant modern clay wars. ( Of which the current PRC did and won.) Which explains why Tibet is now part of PRC-China and ensuing butthurt from all sides.

Shhh, the West needs enemies. Don't tell the other goys.

I actually think a lot of American conservatives respect the Chinese people, they're hardworking and diligent. It's mostly liberals who dislike China because they think they're racist and mistreat animals.

>The government may not be responsible directly, but since they're commies they can and have used their power to cut back on how much the factories fuck up the environment (Berlin olympics).

And the commie government cant do that as quickly, because polluting factories employ millions of people. If they are shut down, these million of people will overthrow the government.

And then, nothing will be fixed.
Because in China: No Government = Civil War

By any chance are you that Taiwanese born Sinologist prof. that frequents Sup Forums?

You sound too rational to be an average Sup Forums shitposter

This hate would have extended to India as well if the shoe were on the other foot and they were rich and China poor.

America, and the anglosphere dominate the world. And by larger extent, the west. They don't want to see a challenger (like China) get rich, powerful, and influential enough to challenge their hegemony. Look at the Thucydides trap, rising powers usually war with established superpowers. When you're at the top, you want to strike down all challengers.

It's funny because China 30 years ago was far poorer, polluted, dirtier, ill mannered, and shittier than it is now. But back then nobody hated China like today. They weren't a threat to the westerners fragile egos back then.

Yes, but I'm not a prof. Yet. Just PhD.

What's your point?
Delhi people too have to consume polluted water from the rivers and have to walk around with masks
>they can and have used their power to cut back on how much the factories fuck up the environment
As I said population is large and they have to mmet the needs
Delhi literally got 10 positions lower because some commie politician here forced half the people living here to stop using vehicles.And that move itself,even with the obvious benefirts,lost him half his support
Do you think something like that can be pulled of in Beijing,more developed than Delhi?

By cutting back I didn't mean shut them all down, I meant regulating them.

Their constitution prohibits this much environmental damage. The workers and the rest of the citizens are unhappy. They're not doing anything out of corruption, not because they want workers to have an income.

You should see liberal reddits casual racism and attitude towards China. It makes stormfront look like Sesame Street (yes I've lurked both)

>They had their shit kicked in some many dynasties ago and became part of the Chinese Empire
Thats like saying India/China should be part of Mongolia or Japan or UK
You know there are major cultural differences between Tibet and China,right?
Its like saying Germany should be part of French

>Look at the Thucydides trap, rising powers usually war with established superpowers.

This is the key sentence. Neo-realists like John J. Mearsheimer etc. were right all along.

You dont have to love your rival or even let him have the cake they want. But at least you can show understanding for their vital security interests and dont get ideologically blinded as to start a self-destructive war against them for dumb reasons.

Regulate them,how?If you are suggesting green methods,which are more expensive,forces of capitalism means many workers will have to lose jobs,especially during the 80s and 90s when the initial capitalists didn't have enough capital.
Atleast now they have started to take measures.

This is merely a reason why they cant do something like this as quick as everyone hoped they would. There are already measures employed to cut back on coal and/or build clean burning plants, but that still would take years.
Hydropower and nuclear plants are already being greatly expanded, as well as wind-power and solar-power already have huge capacities - but, like here in Germany, the power-grid cant catch up.

Go visit r/china.I have never seen this level of self hatred and self racism in any other sub.

Let's be real, China is not communist anymore. If Mao and Kai-shek both had to walk through modern China, chances are likely Kai-shek would find a lot more to his liking than Mao would.
If China was western, I'm 100% sure you Sup Forumsfags would be all over their dicks.

Thats not what we are talking about,its whether China be better off being a democratic republic or 'one party republic'

Taiwanese born...eh? what is profession anyway?

They're all fat/ugly immigrants there for "easy pussy" lol. They get pissy when they realise that China isn't as white loving as they've been taught to think.

I'm not surprised. Sexpats treat Asian women like sex objects and novelties and then are flabbergasted when they're treated like a novelty in Asia. Worse yet, the irony is completely lost on them.

was meant for

I think Mao would be OK with this as well.
He was a radical revolutionary and a communist, but he was a Chinese nationalist first and foremost. His radicalism is born from his readings of Liang Qichao, a former Qing-Dynasty reformer, who bemoaned that the old culture is at fault for holdign China back etc. But if he saw that the current China is actually the product of his revolution, he would be proud as well, for the very reason for his radicalism is because nothing moderate seemed to work to bring China to modernity during and before his time.

In the end, his 'destruction of culture' through the cultural revolution wasnt as lasting or deep as the destruction of culture brought by rapid urbanization and industrialization. Labour migration from the rural to the urban areas have destroyed more of the traditional chinese family values that were based on the 'large family', than any revolution could.

Pic: During Mao's time, this would be blasphemy. But this tradition of deity worthship is still practized in the rural areas, as they still have the old traditions left - for as long as industrialization and urbanization are yet to arrive for them.

Right now it's better off being a one party show. At some point in the far future China should start to loosen up.

I have never saw any balanced view on China in Sup Forums actually, and this thread is no difference sadly.

There's no balanced view anywhere online because Chinese internet users live in their own world.

It's especially hard because China's position is one of ethnic Han Chinese nationalism, why would any non-Han Chinese want to support China?

CPC is already divided into large number of factions.In future it may not need to turn into a republic.
>far future China should start to loosen up
As time goes on the current form of government will become so stable,it would be a huge risk to actually have a large change in administration
Just look at USSR and Russia
And don't use the cases of Taiwan or Singapore as counter examples.Being a large country,China is a special case and Singapore is still a one party dominated democracy
What we can hope for the increasing factionalism in China's one party rule to continue so that in the future, it will essentially become or look like an actual democracy

>an actual democracy

Democracy is overrated friendo.

It's just special interest groups duking it out, which is what it essentially is: a compromise of different social groups. Compromise isn't always good, but it is still peace.

Everything is overrated

Well in India's case:

Would you prefer a democratic, corrupt, and inefficient shithole (India) vs fascist, corrupt and efficient slightly less of a shithole (2030 India) ?

>corrupt
It's still less corrupt than China and most of the developing countries
>inefficient
It's the most fastest developing economy now, maybe our definitions of democracy differs.
However I always prefer a government where I am the absolute dictator

*our definitions of efficiency differs
ftfm
>shitholes
All counties are shitholes. Some are just less shitholes than the other.

>It's the most fastest developing economy now, maybe our definitions of democracy differs.

When I said inefficient, I meant in regards to government efficiency and not the private sector.

I don't mean to compare you with China or any other nations.

But just imagine if India were fascist instead of democratic would you feel it would be better overall or no?

No, facist nations usually need an already developed economy as well as ethnic(or atleast in regards to language) homogeneity, both which India lacks

Well good luck to 2030 India I guess.

I'd say 2050 at best

Hey I have a question for you if you're still here.
Do Taiwanese feel like Chinese, not in the sense of mainlanders but claiming Chinese history as theirs?

>fascist states strong need a developed economy
>Latin America
>Portugal
>Italy
>Spain
>developed economies when they went hardcore fascist

They were all colonial nations with industrialization
At that time, the standard for developed were a little low

not op
but as a taiwanese i would say things is complicated here. some people do, some people don't.

But China is a republic.

Problem is they only have one party and no democracy.