/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/4ahjgq/is_it_possible_to_route_only_torrent_traffic/?st=jbgmina9&sh=b37b2942
superuser.com/questions/1196618/how-to-disable-internet-search-results-in-start-menu-post-creators-update
tenforums.com/tutorials/25118-enable-disable-cortana-windows-10-a.html
autotheme.wordpress.com/
wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any ftp music apps on fdroid for kitkat?

Hey that's not the old thread!
The old thread is

android studio or intellij idea? I'm just learning java but I would like to try android development too

I really like that photo. I wish I had a constructive question to ask.

How can I route qbittorrent-nox traffic through a VPN?

If I connect the whole system through a VPN I obviously can't get into the server anymore.

Im interested in a similar thing.
Check this out
reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/4ahjgq/is_it_possible_to_route_only_torrent_traffic/?st=jbgmina9&sh=b37b2942

as for my question, I'm trying to route all traffic from another user but I'm doing everything on a laptop. I do not have an eth0 connection in my ifconfig, and if I try changing the config file (provided in the link above) into what I have (which is wlp3s0) I get an error saying

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable

what do?

Hi Sup Forums
I just installed a new GPU into my computer, a Gigabyte RX 580. Installed the drivers from the AMD site and all that, had it restart and now one of my monitors is being fucky.
First I some weird, fucky glitching (see: puu dot sh/yLfeK/4f0de8501e dot mp4 ), then I got full-blown static on my main monitor (see picture).
Right now I'm back to the glitching. My secondary monitor works fine. Despite that, I don't think that it's my main screen because it only just started happening half an hour ago after changing my video card.
It's likely not the power draw, I have a 650W PSU which is probably about twice as much as I need under full load.
The cable I'm using is a DVI-DP cable because that's the only way I have to connect this monitor to this GPU.
Any ideas what the fuck's wrong?

S T O P

Is there any download manager/script for linux that intercepts browser download and automatically redirect it to the managet itself/copy the url so I can put it into jdownloader?

I'm only . I don't know why those other two faggots copied my ass.

Polite sage because other people have autism.

Let me rephrase that:

I'm trying to set up a different user with a rutorrent running and all of the user's traffic has to go through vpn. I follow this guide but as I am following that guide on a laptop I do not have a eth0 connection.

When I list ifconfig connections, I have no eth0 connection and I assume there has to be changes made to the script for it is made for raspberry pi.

What changes can I make?

Just copy the url and turn on clipboard integration on jdownloader...

Some links use javascript that doesn't allow us to right click and copy link address.

My housemate and I want to buy a TV, we got a really good deal for a 49' LG. We have only one room where we can put it, which is where we dry clothes. I argued that we can leave the TV there as long as we cover it with its half plastic (back) - half foam (front for the screen) bag it came in, plus a large all plastic mattress bag that came with a mattress. Would this be enough to keep moisture away? He argued something about osmosis, and I told him I'd check online for answers. The alternative is taking it out of the box every time we want to watch TV (which is seldom because we only bought it to watch downloaded movies and so, TV will likely never be connected to internet).

What would you recommend?

Nvm, found it. There's an integration extension for JDownloader. Though It's a 3rd party ex.

Can iPhones get viruses? Mines not jail broken but the data gets used up quickly and sometimes voicemails show up without the phone ringing

What is the room like? Is it a typical burger laundry room where it's just a room with a washer and dryer or is it a room where you air dry your laundry?

Disable javascript and copy the links you need

Get a dehumidifier

I say get a dehumidifier and if you're really worried, get an outdoor weather cover that covers the whole tv.

What ever happened to this?

I really like this post. I wish I had a constructive comment to reply.

>Check this out
/etc/openvpn/pia.up tun0 1500 1585 10.8.8.30 255.255.255.0 init
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable
WARNING: Failed running command (--up/--down): external program exited with error status: 2
Exiting due to fatal error
Fuck.

Can the Maximus VIII motherboard support ECC?

Specifications says no. Explicitly.

Took me 30 seconds to look this up on Google.

do you have a source

The manufacturers own site.

Thanks, it looks like pic related. It was labelled "child room" when we got the apparent, but we use it to dry the clothes in winter, specially since our neighbour downstairs is a heavy smoker so we can't use the balcony for both reasons. The window also opens fully horizontally (also it's only 1 window, unlike the example).
Thanks, but we can only afford the TV for now, and that's with the deal we got from a friend who works in an electronics store (she buys it for us and we pay her). Also, those things drain electricity like there is not tomorrow.
Thanks, would the double plastic bags suffice for now or better not risk it?

For the record, when and if we want to turn on the TV we'd naturally remove the plastic, take the drying racks into another room.

Sorry, forgot drawing.

Why does qBittorrent hardly upload? When it does upload it's only a few kilobits per second. All the trackers in the trackers tab show a status of "Working", I've changed the ports, set the speed and connections to unlimited and limited yet it didn't make a difference.

If you're in the US this might be your ISP considering they have been given the power to do so by Pajeet Pai.

No probs. We're just glad to see you here being stupid.

just to understand about arch, why compilers such as yaourt say sometimes that you don't have space for certain packages? even if you have like 1 tb of space?

Has anyone's TV every died from a bit of humidity?

I don't know, but my options are either do as he says because he seems to know more, or prove him wrong with answers online (he doesn't know about Sup Forums so I can just tell him is a board where only people who work with electronics can reply lol).

So I got this email
what did he mean by this

because it's caching its stuff under /var/temp or something like that which is a folder that has a fixed space limit
configure it to cache under a different folder like ~/.cache, or better yet use pacaur which is superior to yaourt

Check /run/user/1000 its a fraction of the size of your ram and buggy programs such as youart imporperly use that tmpfs instead of writing it to the ram or in /var/cache/pacman/pkg

You can fix this by setting where the packages are compiled and stored in yaoruts settings as well as in /etc/makepkg.conf.

Also dont use yaourt, its buggy trash use pacaur

What's the default folder for installing program on Linux (like program files in windows)?

This is Linux, what do you think the answer is?

That's correct: There's a whole bunch of different ways all competing with each other and no consensus over which one is right. Programs all go in different places. Google to see the breakdown

My PC was working fine. Now, with no hardware or software having changed, I'm getting epilepsy-inducing lightshows when I try to play graphically intensive games in fullscreen. With no further or useful information beyond that, would you assume a graphics card problem or a monitor problem?

How do I dual boot something like Fedora and Void Linux?

I need Fedora on my main laptop because I need a "just werks" distro for work, but I also want something fun and tiny like Void or Alpine.

I need the
meme

Someone post it please

Say I'm using a phone number on my family's Verizon plan, but I wanted to get my own personal account and move the number I'm using over to it. Is that something Verizon will let me do?

Noone nose?!

to give a few examples:
/bin/
/usr/bin/
/usr/local/bin/
/opt/
or really just anywhere.
if you want to know where some command/program is saved, type "which [command]"
e.g. "which virtualbox" returns /usr/bin/virtualbox

i have installed unity-3d manually with makepkg in arch to avoid ram-cache problems. Will pacman take the lead in updating the package or i have to do it manually?

I'm sick of my job and want to do something tech-related, but I live in a very rural area with not so many tech jobs.

Is it possible for me to git gud at programming and just work from home? Or maybe get a desktop diploma from community college and be a help desk guy from home? I live out in the sticks but I have access to 100/50 cable internet.

how do i play the japanese audio and english subs of dual audio torrents?

do i need a certain video player?

>/var/temp or something like that which is a folder that has a fixed space limit
>configure it to cache under a different folder like ~/.cache
>folders have space limits
>~ has unlimited space

Is there really no way to disable online search in Windows start any more?
There used to be a box you could untick that said include online results or something, but it seems to be fine now. This is fucking awful.

mpc-hc can do that

You can select which audio track and which sub track on literally any decent video player.
Try MPC-HC or VLC

gone, not fine
definitely not fine

Which version? Have you checked the setting menu?

1709, just got it last week

I've checked everywhere
- nowhere in the overall Windows settings 'app'
- nowhere in the little menu in the start menu

It's fucking cancer

uninstall windows

MS has adopted the code of the pirates: Take what you can, give nothing back

These should work.

superuser.com/questions/1196618/how-to-disable-internet-search-results-in-start-menu-post-creators-update
tenforums.com/tutorials/25118-enable-disable-cortana-windows-10-a.html

good way to archive around ~50gb for of stuff? physical. for a long time. disc and if so how to tell whats a good one?

tape or M-DISC

significa que vc devia parar de sonegar impostos, jamal

Is there any big difference between each VR headset for phones? I got an LG V30 and wanted to try it out but would it be worth it to get a Daydream View or some other cheaper headset?

P.S. I can get the Daydream View for $50

is nyaapantsu deadski?
when did this happen?

just got a new hard drive and immediately started copying over shit from the old (dying) one.
Is a response time in the thousands of ms acceptable when writing 600GB of files over from another drive? I just noticed this in the pajeetdows resource monitor and people are saying it's bad.

how do I go about troubleshooting a broked gpu

I plug it in and nothing shows up on the screen. I can use intel cpu graphics just fine, but I don't even know where to begin finding out what's wrong with the GPU and if I can fix it

Any additional input on this please? Thanks in advance.

help plz

These are magical.

>Jamal
>não Wandercleysson
ONE JOB.

if I use some minimalistic meme browser like qutebrowser or dwb can I make ublock origin and other shit work with it? someone said that web browsers are basically operating systems at this point and I kind of see what they're saying but if I wanted to switch to something more minimal I'd maybe have to deal with MORE unwanted javascript shit and ads

gomen

Are there any rclone settings I should be using in particular for copying files from my dedi to my drive? so far i have --verbose and --ignore-existing

Thanks brah, I used the reg method.
Didn't want to download some random file and integrate it into my registry, so I just created the entry manually.
But fucking hell, such cancer.

Honestly thinking about switching to Linux.
Have always hesitated, because I don't want to be faced with more problems, having to do more tweaks and hacks.

But Windows is so fucking bloated and cancerous at this point. So many problems, so many things that have to be tweaked. The update processes run every other day spiking CPU, heating the computer up. Sometimes my wifi fucks up (computer because other derived l devices are fine). I really don't think it just werks any more.

This might be the perfect time to jump. See if I can go all of 2018 without Windows.
What do I really need?
>Google botnet browser
>my docs synced in the botnet (can use Dropbox instead of Google)
>a separate browser for my business (Firefox)
>libreoffice
>pdf viewer
>video player (VLC)
>keepass
>... really don't know what else

But I...I'm scared...
At least Windows problems I can Google, because everyone uses it, so there's likely answers out there.
What if Linux is full of problems that I can't find fixes to?

I'm no Linux fag but in the same boat as you.

I believe WINE can help with running Windows executables natively, if any linux-elite care to weigh in?

That or maintain a Windows VM.

I've already begun moving away from proprietary Windows applications and file types for the past year and a half, there's a trove of FOSS for Windows if you browse chocolatey.org (It's basically apt-get for Windows, so I'm part-way there)

Where can I find real practice questions for popular certifications?

Seems like an appropriate thread.

Okay guys I have a few old Facebook accounts up that have embarrassing shit from childhood. I need to delete. Don't know the logins to.

Can I contact Facebook and claim that these are accounts impersonating me and have them deleted?

Or should I claim I need access to those accounts and provide some sort of identification to clean the accounts up ?

It's important I actually want a job without then seeing this stuff

I'd like to know this too

you mean you forgot even the email addresses of the accounts??

The Facebook accounts are an estimated 7-9 years old they have been inactive for several years

you play whs??!!!

Wut

nothing
its just your picture, I thought..

nevermind

Hey Sup Forums, I've been having trouble to get this thing run: autotheme.wordpress.com/ Craps out with some cryptic error. Wat do?

retarded ass question. how do i learn to hack computers? that's really what i wanted to do when i was younger. now i'm older, i'm a programmer, but never got into that. so if i wanted to get into it what should i read? any recommendations?

also is hacking computers today harder than, say, 10 years ago? does it become harder with time? i'd suppose that's the case

What is the best way to block crypto miners?

>google for a free NBA stream to watch the game
>click the play button
>bullshit website opens in new tab
>you've made the billionth google search
>weird long link with shit like "windows 10" in the name
>bypassed ublock

Is it over? Will I get a slav hijacker now?

Wine is fine but take precaution with it. It operates on the same philosophy that you would only run software you trust, which is like 1% of the software you'd only find on Windows

Does anyone have an older Macbook Pro? My aunt dropped this off (2008 model) and said her battery is bulging out of the case and is affecting the trackpad.

I believe you should just be able to pull the clear tab and lift it up, but it's stuck. Wat do?

What's the Sup Forums approved dns server?

wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS

>not just going to /r/nbastreams

That's what I did, and I clicked one of the approved ones, just didn't want to get called reddit.