Can I still recover anything off this hard drive?

It's from my 2008 Macbook Pro which suddenly stopped working a while ago, although I kept the hard drive. All I want are some pictures of my doggo from when she was a puppy. Anything else in addition to that would be gravy. As you can obviously see, there's some damage at the top right corner of the hard drive.

If it's even possible, I assume it would be a service offered by a particular business/store as opposed to watching some videos & downloading expensive software myself, right? If so, how much do you think a service would charge to recover files?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWxC8ezE4Dk&t=2m7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>doggo
>>>/reddit/

>how much do you think a service would charge to recover files?
Why don't you call a couple of them and ask?

>Mac
Found your problem.

I hope your dog did that.

Just restore from backup, problem solved

Holy fuck, what a cancerous bunch of replies.

I'm asking questions online first. For all I know, some services take peoples' money by taking on any job, then fail to recover anything but still charge a bunch of money for the labor & time spent trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=GWxC8ezE4Dk&t=2m7s

Buy another one of the same drive, exchange the PCBs and hope for the best.

>For all I know, some services take peoples' money by taking on any job, then fail to recover anything but still charge a bunch of money for the labor & time spent trying.

No, I unfortunately damaged it.

I hope your "doggo" get hits by a truck and bleeds to death, you dumb fucking shit smear.

Very insightful. Thanks bud. I'm aware Apple is trash, but Windows is just worse. Linux is lacking.

>Windows is just worse. Linux is lacking.
Wrong.

That's also something you can find out by calling and asking.

You've probably spent 100,000 hours online bitching about operating systems at any opportunity you can, haven't you?

>"hey are you being honest when you tell me there's a chance my data can be recovered? or do you just want to take the $250 flat rate fee i have to pay regardless of what happens?"
>getting an honest answer

>mactoddler brainlet
>doesnt know how to recover his own data

Why do technology illiterate appletoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

Sup Forums doesn't really know anything about technology so I doubt you'll get a proper answer.

/thread

They all sucks. The sooner you learn it, the sooner you can start living and stop wasting time trying to fanboy one over another.

Nice meme.

>technology board?
Fuck, this is hilarious.

Yikes. This board is cancerous. Looks like I summoned angry fags who lost a bunch of their money on shitty cryptocoins last night.

Cheapest option. Old drives like that don't cost shit and a cheapo chink screwdriver kit and 2 buck USB to SATA bridge is all you need.
I'm sure even an inexperienced person could handle something like that.

Buy a drive of the exact same model. Look on eBay at the serial numbers and manufacturing dates and try to find one as close as possible. Just remove the torx screws and swap the PCBs. If you get a drive from the same assembly line, within the same month, of the same model it should work.

>mac trash
You dug your grave, now lie in it

Interesting. Thanks.

Same submodel is already enough. Even the same model most times. They all run the same firmware and are basically calibrated all the same, a single drive being different is an exception not a common thing.

Merry fucking Christmas OP.
Hope you recover your doggo pix.

You better come back and post dogger when you're done

This.

I've done it with a desktop hard drive before, an old 250GB Maxtor. I had two drives of the same model, one was mechanically fucked and the other one I accidentally short circuited something on the board and fried it. Swapping the two allowed it to work, though it caused a strange issue with the drive causing my BIOS to hang when attempting to read the serial number for some reason. When hotplugging it, it works fine.