Fractal Design Define R6

When's this bad boy out?

The official statement was mid next week at the earliest.

Thank you

OOOO SHIT YEAH

>Lets put a window so people can see the guts
>Oh no, people can see the guts. Lets put a shroud around all the components!

It's like watching naked girls in burkas.

>fewer drive cages
>have to buy separately (which will be very expensive to buy if you're outside the USA)
(lol

I'll be getting the R5 instead

it's already out where i live but why would you buy it?

r5 is superior to it in every aspect

>no psu shroud
>cheaper
>more HDD trays

>Make a white version
>Put a black front panel on it

Fuck you!

The power supply shroud isn't bad at all, makes it more clean looking aswell, its the same like asking why people canle manage in the back

>all these people complaining about HDD trays
If you have need of a ton of HDD space why don't you just build a NAS?

what do you think a NAS is? a motherboard with infinite storage?

To bad that it doesnt cover the whole length though.

Not sure if I want to spend 160€ and then have to mod it just to get my ideal level of aesthetics™. I'd go with a meshify if it wasnt so damn short though.

>bad boy
>no side fans

pick one

My point is something like the R6 is great for a desktop build, and you get something with a shitton of drive bays regardless of appearance for a NAS.

>side fans
If you have decent ventilation from the front of the case you don't need a side fan, and side fans make taking off the side panel more difficult than necessary.

Great choice

Even better, they said they put the black shroud in front of it because people liked the way it looked in opinion tests.

I will never understand gamers. Like how is a case exciting. A cardboard box could have the same performance.

*shits on your design*

I dont understand the point of PSU shrouds they just make it harder to work in the case.

The people who are attracted to shit like meme glass are the same dolts who can't do proper cable management.

>a cardboard box
Dust magnet, even less water resistant than a mesh case, housefire fuel, the list goes on and on. You would NOT want to use a cardboard box as a permanant/long term solution.

As for how is a case exciting, Fractal Design Define series cases have been lauded because they look more plain than many other cases that have RGB and 'stylish' design. The whole point is that it is a simple black box. Except for the TG of course, but there are windowless versions.
Why would you buy a white case anyway? Unless your room is air-conditioned and have little to no sunlight shining through, the case will turn piss gold in a few months to years time, depending on type of plastic/paint finish they use.

Only the door of my current R4 is in direct sunlight, seeing as that is aluminium and the rest is steel with a small portion of plastic, I don't think there's much chance of noticeable fade.

White case will blend in with my desk and create a lighter, more open room imo. Besides, white cases look good.
They just messed up by doing something bizarre like having a black door on a white case, I can take it off and paint it I guess

Meh. I just got the meshify and it is working just fine.

Why do people want case windows?

In case your water cooling starts to leak.

stock CPU cooler is best cooler
overclocking is for dweebs

that's retarded. your system will be toast before you even notice. and your more likely to respond sooner to a bsod than notice clear liquid in your poorly lit case under your desk

>poorly lit case
>2017

bro

Seeing the case is quite modular, the front shroud can move to the back if you take the cage out. Looks pretty great that way, and I'll probably do that when I build a custom loop.

Well it's just too bad then that the R6 only fits two front fans. with the Define S you can have three front fans and a side fan too.

How does the R6 compare vs the Corsair Obsidian Series 450D?

i just want a silent case R4 was OK for this but i want the noise to be even lower (i noticed fans can make lots of part vibrate, due to metal being not so thick enough) did the R5 or R6 fix this?

>look at me im so gay

There's no point in having a window it it'll just expose your cable mess to everyone.

they don't
it's just a forced meme perpetuated by the same cucks who sell actual hardware whome also wish to cook your components/force you to buy ridiculously over priced coolers

Because people want to look at and admire the expensive parts they've bought. /guts/ threads exist for the same reason.

>have Corsair 900D
>want to downsize
>only Fractal offers a ton of drive cages
>the new R6 only has 6

R5 it is then

There is no point to having a a silent case with a window at all. To maximize the silence, it should not be placed in direction vision, but under the desk.

Messy cable is an art.

What the fuck do you think a NAS is? You need a case for it. A mid tower case with support for 10+ 3'5 HDD trays is not a "desktop case".

>fecal design
eew nothx

A mid tower with support for 10+ HDD trays, but is not hot swap is not a "NAS case" either

I have those fans.
I usually turn them off though.
My 16yr old self thought they were the shit.

who cares, its shit anyway.

So a motherboard or SATA/SAS card that supports hot swap can't be used in mid tower cases? lmao kys