Only 0.5% of android devices are running the latest version

>only 0.5% of android devices are running the latest version
>More than half of android devices are running an OS version that was released over three years ago or earlier

Why is this allowed?

developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/support/app-store/
bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-apple-iphone-se-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-space-gray/5792701.p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Meanwhile in iOS land

developer.apple.com/support/app-store/

Manufacturers. There are models released last year that still ship with Marshmallow, and have no way to be updated unless you root them.

As long as they don't push OS updates for all their phones, this will not change.

You know a mobile OS is good when despite massive fragmentation and lack of fast updates or updates at all has 90% market share.

>better update mah iphone to get that -50% speed

Phones should just come with BIOSes like laptops and desktops.

like I give a shit

That's because 99% of smartphone users are tech illiterate so they don't care and the remaining 1% who do care will use Lineage OS

Android is pajeetware. Most Android phones in existence cost

So you're telling me every iPajeetphone user paid for their iPhone full up-front with cash?

There really isn't a need to constantly update your smartphone. The last one I used lasted me 5 years.

Project treble (which is mandatory for phones shipping with Oreo and up if they want Google play services) will fix this bullshit

Its not about the money itself, dumbfuck. A $100 phone isn't going to run Android Fuckbasket 13.37. What are you doing trying to make an Indian connection to an APPLE product, the most middle class suburban American brand that exists. You cannot distort or change reality by shitposting. Sad.

>>>/XDA/

LineageOS hasn't released their Oreo version yet

>i buy a $1000 phone
>i don't even use it shit just werkz
kek
Honestly if anything, your tech illiterate ass is the one who should be buying used/refurbished $100 iPhones because you don't even use smartphones properly

good post kind sir!

Sent from tapatalk CUSTOM APK BY RAJEESH PATEL

iphone SE aka best iphone available costs like 350+
even my normie apple fanboi friends stopped upgrading after the 6s...it‘s probably low iq amerifats buying the iphone x

That didn't answer my question.

I own an iPhone SE I got from boost mobile for $99 btw.

But my $100 phone from 2015 runs Oreo just fine.

>30+20+4+.5 < 50%
>the city of you

hello friend i have problem when i try to start up custom apk manager on oreo custom rom error n can not open plz help!!!!

Sent from tapatalk on my Nexus 6P(oo)

is that patched against KRAK??

That's because you never leave your mum's basement, NEET.
Meanwhile those of us with social lives actually need to be able to connect with each other

>Using a Pajeet frankenROM
I prefer my phone to actually work

Android version updates are flavor updates.

Security updates are separate, and are still coming out for some Android 4.4 devices.

>better update mah iphone to get that -50% speed
This can only get funnier and funnier.

ayyy

Some manufacturers still release kitkat and lollipop devices. Point is, avoid shit devices and devices obviously made to be dumped.

Most of those devices are old stock being rebranded as new phones

Oh boy I think I'll go to the play store on my devices that are still running Gingerbread, ICS, & Jellybean.

Why not? Most of the apps on there still run on them.

This. Android is made for the poorest people of the world. It is the dominant OS in ShitAsia and Africa. Since these people have no money, they will be pushed the shittiest UX possible and as much ads as they can take.

If you seriously think a software ecosystem can be comprised of mostly Indians and still be good, you are crazy. Android phones are only good if you need something cheap or have very specific use cases.

Still running a 4.4.4 AOSP build on my note 3.

Its stable, fast, compatible, and pretty. No reason to update.

>posting on a technology board representing devices used by people that fear/hate technology.

I automatically assume you cant code and have trouble configuring your email with MacMail, and frequently call in for tech support because you're "not technical".

Meanwhile my tablet still runs honeycomb.

I have a Google TV box that I got from Goodwill running Honeycomb.

>
>This. Android is made for the poorest people of the world. It is the dominant OS in ShitAsia and Africa. Since these people have no money, they will be pushed the shittiest UX possible and as much ads as they can take.
>If you seriously think a software ecosystem can be comprised of mostly Indians and still be good, you are crazy. Android phones are only good if you need something cheap or have very specific use cases.
t. financed iPhone owner

I dare you to even consider writing a Android application, it's a fucking mess. To target a decent chunk of users you end up sacrificing most new features and target something fucked like Android 6. That with the nightmarish slough of aspect ratios makes any Android UI fucking janky, shit has to run on a 3in Pajeet shitbox and 6in phone-tablet. Then you fucking mongs come along and run unpatched software with security holes bigger then Gianna Micheals blown out asshole.

I'll take developing for a OS where people spend money (proven, AndroidFags are cheap jews), defined aspects/limited product lines, constantly updated (You can have 40% of all iOS users using AR Kit right fucking now.)

Only correct response that will save us from this hellscape.

Actually, A reduced spec iPhone would be an okay product. Something in one size, reduced specs, pleb tier camera, plastic housing, SE sized screen.

Just make it entirely incompatible with existing iOS Frameworks. That way, devs are forced to support the reduced feature pajeetPhone explicitly (instead of degrading horridly, think Snapchat on a shitbox). Probably won't happen because it would eat into their bottom line, but Mac Minis are a thing so ehhhhh

Just goes to show that Android holds up well enough that even a dated version of the OS is easily usable today.
Unlike iOS needing updates so they can gimp performance so the phone doesn't keel over.

Root the fucking phone and install a custom ROM already ya old android version user cucks.

They considered this briefly and actually created a prototype "C" version of the iPhone 4 or 5. They ended up not releasing it, which was a good call.

A part of the value add of the iPhone is who gets excluded. Namely, Pajeets, impoverished 3rd worlders, etc. Google Play reviews now read like Quora-- Indian people hammering together empty sentences in awful English.

Currently, though there are over 4x as many Android users as iOS users, the App Store makes more than double what the Play Store makes.

If you give the Pajeets a phone, you need to find a way to make money off of them. And they do not have money. The only solution then, is to push ads at them and sell their data (which is Google's way of monetizing the poor).

But if Apple allows the UX to become as shitty as Android, they will risk losing wealthy customers who bought the iPhone to avoid dealing with that shit.

So, Apple is invested in keeping poors off the network. Even the Mac Mini is much more expensive than anything similarly specced.

>To target a decent chunk of users you end up sacrificing most new features and target something fucked like Android 6
All the necessary stuff was present since Android 1.0. 99% of modern apps could easily target Android 2.3 and work just fine.

Oh, and they would still be in material design, it doesn't depend on the API used.

By the same logic windows is a good desktop operating system and mackie D is a good restaurant
protip: popular doesn't equal good.

That's why you segregate the frameworks used for UI creation, this is for the normal iPhones, this is for the pajeets. Devs understand that pajeet class users won't spend and thus rape them with ads avoiding the problem higher up the chain.

Actually they did create the C series. Had the lime green one, Thing took a ton of shit but finally died when it got hit by a minivan while I was rollerblading :(

>They ended up not releasing it, which was a good call.

It's called the iPhone SE, which can be bought for like $150 in the US.

>devices get more powerful
>OS gets more bloated

Yes it does. If a majority of people use something it's because it has something good to offer for everyone which is important software compatibility for wanblows and expedited cheap food for mcdolan.

Apple had a chance to make their iOS the dominant OS during gingerbread times but instead of making each new version with more useful features and functions they punked out a locked down toddler OS so secure that it lacked 90% of the useful features Android did.

And even though android was a terrifyingly abhorrent experience during the DALVIK dark ages most people preferred THAT over iOS just because of something as simple as a file browser and having wifi-direct file transfer.

talk to them and say hello in person, you have a phone, call them, need to send mail? you have an email right?

You have literally no need for a computer in your pocket 24/7, a phone I understand, but a computer that isn't powerful enough to be useful and to powerful for what you may want to use if for is fucking retarded.

From what I've found, lowest is $349. I'm sure there are some deals on it, but it still hasn't hit the sub $200 floor that the majority of Android devices sell at and is far from the ~$50 price point that makes it easily accessible to Latin America, India/Pakistan, and other undesirables.

Android has a huge problem with ~80% of the userbase buying shitty knock-off devices with already obsolete technology, and ~20% actually paying good money. I feel that the 20% get screwed, usually because one of the expensive devices ends up having a huge problem (Note 7, that one HTC phone, etc) and the others do not get the full benefit of their price.

I would still be running 4.4 if it weren't a massive remote security risk.
Newer Android has gotten more and more braindead forcing you to dumb things to do the most basic shit.

Smartphone manufacturers release their own android version
Updates go through them and it's their choice what models to support

How fucking hard it is for you to grasp this?
Imbecile

>Newer Android has gotten more and more braindead forcing you to dumb things to do the most basic shit.
Like what?

It's not because it's good; it's literally because it's not iOS. The vast majority of devices can't run iOS for obvious reasons, devices that do run iOS are overpriced, and that's the end of the story.

Are those shills real or just jokes?
Who in their right minds would shill for Apple, let alone for their new iscamX?

It's entirely Google's fault for increasing OS bloat with every update requiring newer hardware.

>it's literally because it's not iOS
But that's a good thing. I wouldn't run that garbage even if it was a cheaper option.

Having to run syncthing as root if I want to write to /storage/emulated/0/Music

Literally $150

bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-apple-iphone-se-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-space-gray/5792701.p

So are samshit, HTC, and LG flagships but people still buy them. Price has nothing to do with it when you consider most flagship owners have them on leases.

Because Android is not iOS and upgrading from 7.1 to 8.0 gives about 0 benefits as 7.1 is just as supported as 8.0 and there is no exclusive software for them.
This is literally chart the irrelevancy.

?
Haven't used that shit, but literally anything that writes files in standard directories doesn't require root for that.

Still better than iOS.

To sync music onto an iPhone, you literally have to connect a cable or use a botnet cloud service. And it has to be Apple's own service. You cannot sync from Google drive to iOS music app.

On Android all you had to do was open file manager, access your pc, and start copying files.

so much for "just werks"

lmao this

Most people only care about checking social networks and some messaging app or another, they don't need the latest OS for that.

Most iPhone users wouldn't notice or give a shit of they were still stuck on os6 or whatever.

These aren't the only ways, droidlet

Not true, iOS updates are forced on you if you want to download/update apps ever again. Of course that means older iPhones will lag like a motherfucker because apple wants your shekels asap stat right this second.

not an argument

I have android 4 how to update, and why?

Airdrop does not count since it's OSX only.

So whatever I stated is the only way.

Also lets say you record a video that's like 10gb in size. How would you transfer it to a PC without having to use a cable? I think iCloud limit is like 5gb limit so forget about that.

On Android all you have to do is open file manager, copy video, paste folder on PC. No cable required.

>shilling on a minecraft christian server board

It's fake.

Not sure if bad or what.

1.) Developing on android is free.
No stupid licenses needed to support the majority of mobile users. Meanwhile Apple charges you to support the most technically incompetent audience of mobile users.

2.) Display sizes are straightforward as fuck and are coded pretty much how web applications work, maybe even easier because your assets dont need to be called individually within the code, its determined by the device. Seems like you may have a hard time with this.

3.) Android is the leading mobile platform.

Dont support it and only support half of the market, go ahead and destroy your brand.

If you're going to be lazy just build a mobile ready webapp and quit bitching.

iOS is for enemies of technology that dont want the same level of user control and variety that android users are presented with. Having worked as a phone technician & tech support agent, I received an overwhelming majority of dumb questions from iOS users compared to any other demographic of users including wintards.

Lazy SoC developers not supporting what they're shipping.
Pushing Oreo to current devices requires you to conform to project treble requirements and most manufacturers will not do the heavy lifting required so they just pretend those devices don't exist.

>surnia
my nigga

Then you fucking mongs come along and run unpatched software with security holes bigger then Gianna Micheals blown out asshole.

She only did one anal scene her whole career. Can't be that blown out

>Dont support it and only support half of the market, go ahead and destroy your brand.
Half the market; but only like 10 % of the paying market. If even.

Meanwhile an android update doesn't make your device into a piece of shit, something I've always heard iphone faggots complain about.

Also every retard I've met with a cracked screen has an iphone. It's so rare to see an android with that, says something about the user base.

>poodrone projecting this hard
how desperate you androidfags really are?

And yet android is a 10x better OS.

(you)

fucking google can't make a proper operation system.
They have everything
Most of the devices run the same architecture.
They all run on java.
And there is still a need to adjust the os to each device, which is impossible to do.
So, the devices get old and users are forced to change their phones each two years.

>>More than half of android devices are running an OS version that was released over three years ago or earlier
>more than half

>29.7+19.3+4.0+0.5 = 53.5
>marshmallow released in 2015

HAHAHA the shills can't even do math

iOS has less features, can't be used for hardware and software development, and can't be installed on desktop computers, AND isn't open source. It's possibly the shittiest mobile OS along with Windows.

bullcrap

more like iOS has less autistic features which are completely unnecessary for smartphones.

>90% market share
[citation needed]

Shill your garbage OS somewhere else.

iOS 9 here, can still download any app I want that doesn't require gay FaceAR. Which is like 5 apps.

>specific use cases
Right? Lmao at all these retards who want to access the file system and install third party programs. Like omg get with the times grandpa loool

you guys really expect things like airplane entertainment systems to be updated to a new OS for no reason?

how exactly can you track shills without a tripcode?

except that pic related won't happen on android
>android is slower from the box
tell that to my phone running lineageOS 15.1 (oreo)
too bad it doesn't support project treble. oh well, next time

Coming from a glorious Nexus 5, still using it at home.
Recently i bought an iPhone SE, it just work better in daily things like calling, texting or things like that. You can't do anything else whitout angering, but for cell-phone things it's 10/10
I mean, why you need to do nerdy/useful shit on your phone? Fucking normies, buy an iphone and live better

I don't expect airplane software to be vulnerable, that's for sure.

>pic related won't happen on android
That's not a good thing, it means you're going to get significantly less real time out of your device if it's older.

But they do have a BIOS

It just werks, there is no reason to update to oreo, i watched a video on new features and not a single one felt like a feature, nougat is nice for splitscreen though, lg had that on marsmallow