Jesus fucking Christ

How can Appleshills defend this?

Cost a lot of money has to be good

Apparently like this.

Who cares if people are stupid enough to spend their hard earned money on this crap let them

Didn't we just have this thread the other day?
Fuck I spend way too much time here.

Every phone and laptop do this. It's normal to throttle at low battery.

>Business tries to sell its latest product

oH NO WHATEVER SHALL WE DO

>Article about iPhones slowing down after 6 years.
>Everyone goes full fucking retard and forgets that Android does literally the same thing and doesn't give a shit if you realize it or not.
>My old Sony Xperia phone half as fast, and half as much battery life, and running ridiculously hot, within 2 years forcing me to pay early upgrade fee for a usable device.
>My old Samsung phone visibly clunkier in less than 2 years forcing me to install custom roms and lose OEM features like S Pen function, or encouraging me to replace device yet again, before contract.
wow, it's almost as if I don't give a fuck

oh look its this thread again

*yawn*

ITT: Sup Forums and Sup Forums are too stupid to talk about anything other than consumer technology

oh look its this post again

*yawn*

Does anyone know if it affects the 5S? Is my phone slow just because it is old or is it the battery?

are you an idiot

there's a difference between throttling performance when a device drops below x battery percentage

and

throttling a device no matter the battery percentage

>Article about iPhones slowing down after 6 years.

>6 years
>6, 6s, SE

pick one

i used my nexus 5 for years, no problem
nexus 6 for years, no problem
now i expect to use my pixel for years, and yeah, no problems

enjoy ur $800+ bricks ibabbys

This isn't defending it, this is properly rectifying the situation.

It slows down the device because the battery has degraded, this would make most people think their device needs replacing, which is what Apple wants them to do.
Replacing the battery restores performance and you get a fresh battery out of it, so a return to original battery life. It is giving Apple the middle finger.

>Update uses 10% more CPU power 100% of the time.
>OEM doesn't throttle.
>Battery dies 20% faster over an OS update.
>Lagdroid user thinks this is a feature.

>iPhone automatically judges health of the battery and cycle count, and adjusts CPU performance according to battery's adjusted cycle length.
>Throttling is automatically readjusted by replacing battery with healthy battery.
>try the same thing on lagdroid and battery still dies 20-30% faster and still lags on latest OEM updates.

Wow it's almost as if you're completely fucking retarded and didn't actually read the articles.

Yeah before it was officially announce, you Apple shill
Yeah unlike my Galaxy S4 or other android phones that don't do that? You Apple shill
Sure

My Note 4 did that, and my Sony Xperia flagship phone also definitely did that.
Try again, retard.

>Is my phone slow just because it is old or is it the battery?
Your phone is slow because it is old and the battery is also old.

I am pretty sure that in most countries this would be against consumer law.
It's not that they are trying to sell their latest product, they are specifically causing reduced performance in older devices to make the new products look like an attractive upgrade, when really the only problem with the device is the battery needs replacing.

A lot of the performance issues with Android over time isn't because of the device downclocking itself (you can prove this in benchmarks) but because the OS gets bloated with the Java shit. When it comes to the battery life, that's unavoidable with Li-Ion cells, just replace your battery.

The problem is that Apple implemented this to try and hide the fact the battery was failing, instead of telling the user the battery was failing and the device would go into a low performance mode, having some notification or indication that it had entered this mode.
It makes the device perform worse which would make the user more enticed into purchasing a new device rather than realizing they have a battery issue that could be replaced for a fraction of the price.

Even worse, if you have a faulty battery or you have battery replacement available under warranty the user may not be aware that the battery is at fault, that it could be dealt with under warranty and instead upgrade to the shiny new iPhone.

>>Update uses 10% more CPU power 100% of the time.
>>OEM doesn't throttle.
>>Battery dies 20% faster over an OS update.
>>Lagdroid user thinks this is a feature.
Things that don't happen on Android.

Replacing the battery will solve your issue if your phone is slow. I enjoy using Apple's premium software and hardware and I always make sure to use the latest models. Why would you want an old ass phone anyway? Most people upgrade their phone every year or two; myself included. This is just an argument from poorfags who cant afford a fucking phone even though they live with their mom and don't have to pay any bills.

Respond to me so you can justify getting payed by an hour.

>another pajeet android shill thread

ITS THE APPS YOUR STUPID FAGTARD JUST BUY AN IPHONE YOU CRYBABY.

The same argument can be made of Samsung, which has the same forced obsolescence as Apple. The only thing is you get the superior software with Apple as opposed to the shit Android that always fucks up and freezes.

>safety feature
>bad
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah just let me do what samsung did and just make our phones EXPLODE lmao

>he defended it!

>buys something
>is mine now
>company modifies it after the fact

>later
>on Sup Forums
>WOW YOU FUCKING ANDROID SHILLS ARE SO OBSESSED HURR HURR
also I'm pretty sure this is illegal in the united states and may actually end up resulting in a class action lawsuit

heavier operating system = heavier processor load
heavier processor load = heavier battery load
heavier battery load = shit performance and more cycles wasted
more cycles wasted = battery dies faster
is it hard to put 2 and 2 together brainlet?

Apple cuck detected

>heavier operating system = heavier processor load
Android isn't heavier than iOS.
Android also gains performance across the board in version updates.

STOP REPLYING TO THESE FUCKING THREADS YOU FUCKING NIGGERS!!
>inb4 you reply to it

>being such a brainlet you have to frame everything in terms of "iOS vs. Android" just to wrap your head around it even when the original post did not reference any particular platform
>lying on the internet
guess I better update my 2011 Xperia to Oreo

lmao

>old batteries are shit and causing phones to shut down on 50%
>people complain about it without thinking about a battery replacement
>these phones are throttled to avoid the problem
>people complain about it without thinking about a battery replacement

You need to get updates for that.
My iPhone 5 lasted a good 3~4 years before needing a replacement battery. It still works perfectly fine today.

we live in a world of shit
everything made today has planned obsolescence
from iphones to light bulbs and car tires

blame capitalism

Some please post the info graphics of google searches "iPhone is slow" related to new iPhone releases..

So we can laugh at it now that the actual cause of the gimping has nothing to do with it?

I goz you covered boi

This shit needs to be gone too, I can't fucking let my family members TOUCH my phone anymore, its bullshit that the update nag takes over the fucking unlock screen making it seemingly identical TRICKING YOU TO INSTALL A IRREVERSIBLE UPDATE

You're fucked if you wake up in the morning trying to figure out what happened.

What kind of dipshit mistakes an update prompt for an unlock screen? Do you just click through the big message that pops up before this shows and think to yourself “well gee looks like I just got randomly locked out!” and enter your passcode without even reading anything?

But listen up boys, it's retarded to trust this. It's like Intel saying AMDs shit because of their own statistics, Google can manipulate this data easily.

Also i'm running a oneplus one (obviously Android for every user without basic knowledge) and it keept crashing until Tuesday when i replaced the battery. I wished I would have had updates that would slow down my device to prevent that, it's honestly a good thing they did this.

But obviously apple gives a fuck about the performance of their older phones on new software so yeah, still a shit company, but this one move here was indeed good.

Sup Forums - Apple Technology?

Almost every update to Android for the last 3 or 4 years has made the OS lighter and more efficient.

ios is the bloated pile of shit now.
>tfw nexus 5 battery would still get a day
>nexus 5 would hit 15% battery later on in the day, turn on battery saver mode and battery would literally drop like 2% in 4 hours
>tfw nearly never worried about running out of battery before the end of the day
>tfw Oneplus 3 has better battery life.
>now I don't get to battery saver mode on a regular day.
>ios buddies all tethered to battery packs

how does it feel to be an ignorant brainlet?

>samsung phones
>sony phones
I know you'll talk shit about those still being android phones, but you're a retard inbreed if you buy a phone with a heavily customized version of Android.

Actually, every Android version ever except 5.0 was faster than the previous one. It might use more RAM, but overall it would be faster.

It’s a shill tactic.
All attention is good attention whether positive or negative