Whats the best software for making music?

Whats the best software for making music?

My bro is pretty depressed cause all he does it play PC games all day and wants to do something constructive after wageslaving all day.

I looked at FL studio but its $200. Is that a normal price and is it worth it? Theres also Wavepad_auditor on Steam.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/search/FL Studio/0/99/0
audionews.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=9C1jrgBFKBI&list=PLfDf4J2pE_lraLtIsO9asAqCTuKppOmyq&index=19
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-NzMNM2cyt87h2NL4_umddmBOd0WZ2_d
youtube.com/watch?v=31nIWtUQTb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Read /prod/ on Sup Forums

Just Pirate it, but I see you are trying to get him a gift. FL Studio is the best in my opinion for beginners, I've been making music for like 2 years or so now, and it was a breeze to learn, 200 bucks for lifetime updates, isn't bad. So if you wanna give a bad-ass gift, i would splurge. Look around, I'm not sure if they sell keys for digital copies on something like G2A or something. Good luck man!

Pirate the DAW and buy him some cool plugins. Valhalla makes awesome, cheap reverb plugins, and there are really cool piano plugins out there. You could also buy him a MIDI keyboard.

Audacity

link to a torrent for FL Studio?

LMMS open-source, Linux... what else do you need?

>software
>making music

Pick one. Music is made by artists playing instruments, not by some autistic fucktard with a computer.

Find it youself you cocklord.

LMMS is very limited, i used it for a whole of 2 days when I started and then I got FL Studio. It is a nice Open-Source Piece of software, but I find it limited.

thepiratebay.org/search/FL Studio/0/99/0

>pick ur poison.

This guy is right. Use Ardour instead if you want an open source DAW

REAL TALK: Get Ableton Live. It can be pirated from AudioNews:

audionews.org/

Signups open once a month. They have damn near any music production software you can think of.

As for learning Ableton Live, there are many great tutorials on YouTube. Maike Watson has a comprehensive tutorial series. She's very knowledgeable and has a cute voice, so that helps:

youtube.com/watch?v=9C1jrgBFKBI&list=PLfDf4J2pE_lraLtIsO9asAqCTuKppOmyq&index=19

As for a synth plugin, pirate Serum and have him watch Serum tutorials on YouTube:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-NzMNM2cyt87h2NL4_umddmBOd0WZ2_d

I hope this helps.

>thepiratebay.org/search/FL Studio/0/99/0
My bro has no idea how to use Linux. He's not even entry level Sup Forums. He uses windows and just plays video games all day. Hell, he doesn't even know how to pirate games. Which of these is the most braindead easy for him to use after simply watching some quick YT tutorials?

not OP but i will be sure to get in, sounds good, been looking for a good Serum crack, and a few other I hope they have!

1/10

The truth?

Buy two cheap used acoustic guitars on Craigslist and play together.

Nothing will make him feel better than that shared experience.

FL Studio, help him Pirate it if you dont want to pay for it, tons of videos on it/how to make certain genres, and if you pirate him some sick plugins/ buy some cheaper synths and effects. he should be able to get into it

This, except for buying plug-ins. Torrent those as well, but buy him some hardware (an audio interface, MIDI controller, studio monitors, etc.).

Renoise is the most Sup Forums DAW out there

FL Studio is pretty fucking braindead, but it sucks. I say stick with Ableton Live and torrent it for him. It's not that hard to use and will be way better than most other DAWs. Also, Massive and Sylenth are good synth plugins to torrent.

Music production is a surprisingly technical field, so if your brother is a braindead retard he probably won't pick it up anyway. It's the thought that counts though, right?

I just said buy plugins because it was a gift. Also, I haven't been able to find a way to pirate and use the Valhalla plugins.

If anyone knows of a crack for Valhalla Shimmer pls link me.

>2017
>buying a closed-source acoustic guitar made from backdoored botnet wood
shiggy

When does Audionews open for registration? I remember hearing it's around the 2nd, 3rd? I forget but I need the exact date.

Try Audionews.

This, or really any real physical instruments. A piano is amazingly relaxing, guitar of course, fuck even a recorder or tin whistle. Bongos or other drums are fun as fuck, or xylophone.

Alternately get him into synthesizers lmao.

Acid Pro? What? Reaper, Pro Tools or Logic.

AudioNews has everything. I think signups might be open right now, but if not, keep an eye on it the first week of January.

install gentoo

this. pirate flstudio and buy him a NI maschine mikro or something. it's a drumcomputer with a fuckton of stuff included. massive synthesizer, maschine vst and a samples library

what are the best plugins/synths for some retro wave type stuff? Similar to this.

he's more into wave and obscure rap. Shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=31nIWtUQTb0

just get him one of those dj pads on his smartphone if he is that blasted stupid... sounds like there is no hope for him

>flstudio11crack.net
>supposedly hosting 12.5
kek

Personally I'll choose Ableton, although you can get a $100 midi controller that comes with Ableton which is good for it's price.

Why not try to quit wageslaving?

>instruments
Real music is sung only, stop using the tools of the devil.

Forgot pic

I tried getting him into crypto but he had some shit luck. He does a have a little bit in Chainlink so he and I will probably be rich by next year but that's a big IF. Also it's hard to quit wageslaving when you're working 9-7. Usually when you get home you just want to sleep or relax.

Dammit user

I use FL to make instrumentals, and Logic Pro X and Pro Tools for mixing and mastering. Ableton has wrapping, which is nice if you look into it, Reason is nice also. Good VST include Omnisphere, Dune 2, Nexus, and much more just google and look at reviews. You can pirate a majority of this stuff.

Get a waves bundle, good interface, and a good mic and you're set. Please look up the different types of microphones, compressor vs dynamic and pick what works for your interface and you. USB mics are OK, Blue Yeti is an example of a USB mic a lot of people use in streams, and to voice over videos.

It also depends on what type of music you're trying to make, hope I could help.

It's not that hard to look for other jobs while already having a job. I've had 3 different jobs in the last 5 years and I've never been unemployed a single day in-between.
Hating your job is probably the single thing that unironically will make you want to kill yourself the most.
Forget about making music for now, your bro has a much bigger problem.

You can download LMMS on Windows also, it's similar to FL studio so move from LMMS -> FL is a good transition and you won't be as lost as going LMMS -> Logic Pro X

vocaloid 3