Why did he actually leave Microsoft? Didn't he love what he did?

Why did he actually leave Microsoft? Didn't he love what he did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8coHwAm-LyI
youtube.com/watch?v=L7abNYC0KQI
youtube.com/watch?v=KxaCOHT0pmI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNOohFst9Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=V7PYQCXdX3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's old as fuck and/or got bored?

>Didn't he love what he did?
That would imply Based Bill doesn't love exterminating Africans.

if you had billions of dollars, would you continue going to work?

If I had billions of dollars I'd own a mlb team so yes

If I really liked the job then yes.

Jeff Bezos has billions of dollars. I don't see him quitting Amazon.

What only a few people know is that Bill had a very intimate relationship with Steve Ballmer, he called him Stevie affectionately. Steve had a lifelong dream since his days at Stanford of owning a sports club. He said to Bill: "Billy my boy, I want to buy a sports club and fulfill my dream. That means that I won't be longer there with you but we can talk in the afternoons by Skype". Bill said to him "Stevie, I couldn't do it. I want to be with you, near you. if you go, I will, too.". And that's how Bill Gates left Microsoft

Are you saying Bill Gates is gay?

That's the kind of mentality poor people have.

because hes not a jew so at one point he knew hed made enough to live 1000 times over

He was fired for stealing office supplies.

Look at him, he's 100% straight. The relationship was pure platonic love

I wonder how he does feel about Windows turning out now.

His muslim faith prohibits suicide.

Every faith prohibits suicide

he knew microsoft was going to go downhill so he ditched it early

there wasn't really anything left for him to do. steve jobs would have done the same at some point. basically the company got so big that it's innovation starts coming from other areas and not the main one it became a huge success in. it's a mixture of bill being out of his wheelhouse and the company itself taking on different directions in which he wasn't as skilled as.

he obviously burned out

According to society, being rich is considered work.

thistbhfam
youtube.com/watch?v=8coHwAm-LyI

youtube.com/watch?v=L7abNYC0KQI
>you will never go to the roxbury with bill and steve

You gotta remember in the late 90's the Government really hammered MS due to antitrust issues with the whole IE bundled into Windows thing. So I think that really was the thing that caused him to step aside. Twas either stay on as CEO/President/Chairman and get fucked by the Government lawyers or step down and let the Microsoft Company stay alive in one piece. If you remember the 80s, AT&T used to be the dominate phone company, then the government said, nope, your getting to big, time to split you into chunks, so that's what happened with them.

Same dude, one of the last products Bill had any say over was Windows XP. (2001).

Underrated

sensiblechuckle.gif

they are shifting to opensource since billy g left

Now I want a SoL with Bill and Steve.

>Why did he actually leave Microsoft? Didn't he love what he did?

he got to have sex. who needs computers after that?

(not counting for the paternity test(s))

I fucking hate this fag for continuing to ruin public education

the 90's tech world was so cool. the future in tech seemed limitless. i don't have the same feeling today.

Are you insane? I'm not saying tech is limitless but don't be jaded user. Tech is only gonna evolve us further. Don't be disheartened. Just because it's not a novelty doesn't mean it's a dead end.

Because you were a child, you aren't anymore and are aware of the fact that computers aren't magical boxes that do magical things.

The only reasonable answer. Billy put a lot of effort into hiring as he was leaving however. He explicitly chased a lot of vehemently anti-MS developers, giving them a reason to leave other major tech companies. Knowing only they could turn MS into the company it needed to be and not a locked down paranoid organization of the 90s.
Was pretty interesting too bad most just care about the superficial - who's in charge and who's on stage.

I didn't mean to imply it that way. You're right with your points, tech still amazing in its progress but the 90's had iconic figures like gates and jobs, there were so many amazing emerging technologies and everything was all new and rapidly progressing. The tech bubble also helped to fuel a mania that made made it all seem magical.
Also, being young was definitely a part of it what made it so magical.

In fairness I understand your point. I lived through the 90s/early 00s tech boom. It all seemed like wizardry. There is something disheartening about learning than thing that seemed magic as a kid is an implementation of a queue or hashtable or something

Can you jump over a chair, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=KxaCOHT0pmI

t.poor people

His investors hated Vista and forced his resignation. But because he had his foundation, he spun it to make it look like he was leaving on his own terms to go cure cancer and stuff.

because he failed to produce a viable GUI

Cause they sued the fuck on him and he was like fuck yall guys

read history you ignorant cucks

I wasn't ready for this

he holds 70% of microsoft stock with various entities

he isnt out he went much much more in lol

yes

wow tech as an industry has gotten so stale post Bill.

>Why has my lineage always been poor?

>1:06
>the fact that a design uses inheretence and polymorphism, doesn't make it a good design
kek

wait shit wrong one
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNOohFst9Lc

youtube.com/watch?v=V7PYQCXdX3A