/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

anarchivism.org/w/How_to_Rip_Laserdisc#MUSE_Players
mtv.com/artists/channel-live
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
anibin.blogspot.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Christmas freeleech is here.

And so it was, the Antifa flag was born.

another day another 100GB uploaded to red

another planck time another yottabyte uploaded to RED

Are there better offers than this? I really want a lot of storage for seeding even the oldest stuff, not just a seedbox for caching.
25TB a month is around 80 Mbit/s if seeding 24/7 so it doesn't look too bad, but if you know anything better then I'd like to check it out.

>25TB a month is around 80 Mbit/s if seeding 24/7
someone explain the maths to me

25000000000000*8/31/24/60/60=74671445.63918757

If you set the upload speed limit to 80 Mbit/s, in a month you will upload 25TB if you leave it seeding 24/7 (this implies there is always someone downloading from you, which is almost always the case).

25 TB = 25000000000 KB
30 days = 2592000 seconds

25000000000 / 2592000 = 9645 KBytes
9645 KByte * 8 = 77160 Kbits
77160 Kbits = 77.1 Mbit/s

How long does it take for the AHD presents to take effect? I opened my present but haven't gotten the reward from it yet.

25TB = 25*1000*1000*8 = 200,000,000 Mbit
1 month = 30*24*60*60 = 2,592,000 s
200,000,000Mbit/2,592,000s = 77,16 Mbit/s

I actually meant to post this, that's why I mentioned 25TB, my bad.
The first image is the unmetered plan, but it has half the storage space.

You can get 10TB from seedhost for 60 euro. What provider is this?

Where is that post from?

Sounds nice. The one I posted is ultraseedbox.

secret cinema

Hetzner has 16TB servers for around 60€ if speed isn't your main concern

sysop at secret cinema

6 hours ~

If they can 100/100 for me is enough, I'll check it.
It's not auction I hope? because I was planning to upgrade in january when my current seedbox expires (was on a 6 months contract, cheap but slow and not enough storage).

for the price you're better off getting a dedi from hetzner or ovh

what?

They are auction servers. Is there a problem? I am interested in getting one myself.

I never tried but I imagine the monthly price goes up if someone bids for more? I doubt I'm going to win any auction, because I really don't want to spend more than 60 a month.

The price actually goes down until someone buys the server. It's more of a reverse auction. I was wondering if there's a floor the for the prices but most servers seem to sell before the price goes down too far.

What is BS? Which torrent site? I fucking hate people who use abbreviation for everything.

bitchscream

That's interesting, worth giving a try.
If I can win a 2 years contract for 16TB + 100TB data transfer for less than 60 euros a month, it would be perfect.

>Justice.League.2017.1080p.KORSUB-JesusLovesYew

Just came out. Discuss here:

>capeshit

I'm gonna guess bitspyder but if so, literally who gives a shit

brokenstones

How many TBs do you all have? Is it enough?

Who's the biggest chad on trackers?

Any of you lads actually use Chinese trackers? I keep hearing about some even more "secret" place than U2 for anime BDMV/ISOs, since I don't read Chinese I can't seem to figure it out from the forums on U2.

You.

Lol, I have that cat gif from pic related.

thanks bb

I got a dedicated IDE-to-USB hub with 4x4TB of which only 2 are being used as main, the other 2 are in RAID1 with them so it's 8TB in total.
I used 5TB so far, but I still haven't replaced some recent (2012-2017) anime series with the BD versions, I imagine the size will go up by 30-40% once I do that, but honestly I'd rather give priority to releases that really deserve the be watched in BD like censored stuff, or old series remasters.
Majority of the stuff I hoard are 2011+ anime series anyway, I rarely go fetch older series unless somebody recommends them or I accidentally get interested in them (you'll find absolutely nothing released before 2000 in my archives with exception of Gundam and I'm already regretting wasting 80GB on that).

Outlaw star BD was completely reshot and has a 80GB encode. Most anime are not made in 1080 but usually in something like 900 so you can just get the 720 versions and be fine with it. Check out space adventure cobra and city hunter. You are limiting yourself with only watching new stuff.

Hello N***_**** ;)

>usually in something like 900 so you can just get the 720 versions
i will never get your peoples logic. do you watch your shit on a fucking tablet?

Upscaling algorithms have come a long way, gramps.

Well, I did fetch GiTS, Cowboy Bebop, SEL and other meme series because I was curious about them (and because I never finished watching GiTS when I was a kid, I liked the psx game a lot), but the others are kinda meh, I really can't enjoy old series because the low detail design is just too distracting for me.
Of course, I know it was probably the top quality available at the time but still, it makes it harder to concentrate.

Nala_Alan? I'm not that Polish faggot. I'm a Dutch faggot.

Having everything in 1080 will mean you are watching an upscale. Not everything should be watched in it and there are many shows that look better in 720 as compared to 1080. For early cel you are going to get at most 480 with the rare cases of a 1080 or a 720 looking good but the way they were made it is hard to get an upscale on them. In modern anime you can depending on how the animation is and the BD get a good 1080 but that is not every release. There are some that are just not as good looking in the 1080 encodes. It depends but for the most part getting the 720 is the better bet.

Yeah it's called tdsm with the p2l option on your account.
Or they're talking about the forum that allows you to apply to U2.

>old series because the low detail design
you might simply watch the wrong stuff, thats at least what I get from this.

>you are going to get at most 480
Were LaserDiscs released in 576p sometimes? I remember reading something about higher res than DVD in some old LD releases.

Apparently it has exclusives U2 doesn't have, and they are strict about keeping it that way. Don't see any mention of a TSDM on the U2 PT invite subforum though.

i was obviously referring for shows that give you the OPTION to either get them in 720 or 1080p. most vhs/dvd rips you wont even find unscaled, theres gonna be a single 10bit 480 encode and that will be it. however, pretending for your average bd720 and 1080p rips to look the same thanks to upscale algorithms is just fucking delusional, unless you watch your shit on a tablet/phone.

>many shows that look better in 720 as compared to 1080
now id love to see a list of examples

Ratiowatch is a lie, there is only upload.
Through upload, I gain buffer.
Through buffer, I gain music.
Through music, I gain pleasure.
Through pleasure, my boredom is broken.
EAC shall free me.

For the GITS movie the TV 1080 release is the best version as the BD cuts from the sides a lot.

The only good thing about LD is that they are really damn cool to look at as they have record sized artwork on them and some are uncensored IE gunbuster pubes. They are not better in DVD as far as quality of them goes.

>better in 720 as compared to 1080
That really is hard to believe unless they were 2 different releases of the same series (like PAL or NTSC). or the user who encoded the 1080p had no idea what he was doing (or worse, the 720p was encoded in 10-bit and the 1080p in 8-bit).

>tsdm
You only need to pay2leech for the high res music forum i think. the other forums are accesible if you have enough of a certain type of points (i forget what theyre called) of which you need like 300 and get one per post

It's a Chinese forum that uses baidu to fileshare. Search around and you'll find it.

tsdm dot me and you can just sign up it does not require an invite

May not be what I'm looking for, I was told it was a tracker, not a forum. But I realized who TSDM was now that I checked, they are those cunts who upload lossy music RIPs only on nyaa and paypal the lossless stuff.

Darknet? P2P?

paypal > paywall

Anyway, guess I'll have to keep looking. Thanks.

I don't think so, I was told it was a Chinese place, they don't seem to do darknet.

I noticed this ages ago but I haven't really thought about it until now
Why do you guys rate encodes by file size? Who cares if an encode is 1 or 2GB larger if it's superior (better source, accurate filters ect)

>They are not better in DVD as far as quality of them goes.
Found what I was thinking about:
anarchivism.org/w/How_to_Rip_Laserdisc#MUSE_Players

MUSE LD could up to 1080p in 1991 but I doubt any anime series were released in this format.

>Not everything should be watched in it and there are many shows that look better in 720 as compared to 1080.
So when you watch 720p anime on a 1080p monitor, do you leave it windowed? I can't stand watching anime on a non-full screen.

>There are many shows that look better in 720 compared to 1080
Please list some examples, I've heard this over and over again yet I've never been able to find a real world example, not has anyone ever posted one
I believe the point he's making is that it's best to upscale it yourself (mpv/MPC)

>Why do you guys rate encodes by file size? Who cares if an encode is 1 or 2GB larger if it's superior (better source, accurate filters ect)
Where do you see people rating things by filesize? Private tracker users love to gloat about how much better they are than TPB plebs DLing bitstarved encodes.

>Most anime are not made in 1080 but usually in something like 900 so you can just get the 720 versions and be fine with it
Why would you get the 720 in this case? The 1080 would be superior

>I believe the point he's making is that it's best to upscale it yourself (mpv/MPC)
But I can see how you wouldn't, I have 480p releases and I can see how they look "better" windowed, but I'm just distracted by the clutter so I fullscreen it and move away from the monitor.

Almost every thread somone posts
>Get X group y group is bloated
I've probably seen posts along this line almost a thousand times since I started posting here
See Perfect example

Those 480p releases can look pretty good with the right filter but it can become extremely intensive depending on how strong the filter is

>I have 480p releases and I can see how they look "better" windowed
no fucking shit. its a 480p base file that is allowed to retain its resolution instead of getting upscaled by the player. how the fuck is that surprising? the better question is why anyone would ever watch a 480p file WINDOWED on a fucking 24inch+ screen. if thats what you meant by 720p looking better than 1080p then sure. i didnt think that there are people who watch thier shit windowed (which brings us back to my initial claim, that you watch stuff on tablet because that basically the exact same as watching stuff windowed, pixel per inch etc.)

You won

This is the correct answer

what's the channel for interview in mtv?

mtv.com/artists/channel-live

Is there any private tracker that has high quality music videos?

JPS

Hearts.Of.Darkness.A.Filmmakers.Apocalypse.1991.1080p.BluRay.x264-NORDiCHD

can't find this on binsearch, what else is there?

>usenet
fuck off to the usenet threads mongoloid retard

>seeding 1500 different albums on RED
>0 active

are there?

>how the fuck is that surprising?
I didn't say it was.

>anyone would ever watch a 480p file WINDOWED
I never said that either.

>if thats what you meant by 720p looking better than 1080p then sure.
I also never said that.

well sometimes something can be bloated, too big without noticeable gains in quality, and sometimes it can be bitstarved. They're just two ends of the spectrum.

if you don't know what is usenet wtf are you doing at binsearch?

don't be like that user

I mean I didn't see any usenet threads.

Well yes, of course. But the point I'm making is it seems that a lot of people here simply go off file size, and would prefer to download the smallest file they can get their hands on (even if getting the 720 would be a better option, both in quality and file size)
It's YIFI-tier mentality

Just make one.

You're getting old hardware, combined with the fact that the main concentration of seedboxes are at leaseweb/nforce/ovh/yisp means you likely won't have great success racing on hard trackers. If you don't care about that it's a great deal for the storage you get though.

just use hetzner senpai

This is not the case in Apollo. I always have something being active.

>got banned from AB
fuck the staff

What did you do?

Are you staff?

Everyone in this thread is staff. We're all members of the cabal roleplaying as plebs.

Well fuck. Am I staff then?

MTV is path to which other trackers?

>Talking to staff more than necessary: Same reason as above. Don't give them any reason to ban you. If you rustle a staff member in any way, causing them to ban you, the entire staff will rally behind them even if they wouldn't have personally banned you themselves. It's the mod's word against yours, you can never win.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

>Sup Forums thinks the higher number with 'p' at the end the better the quality is
Color me surprised, educate yourselves anibin.blogspot.com

How is the Torrent Master climb going, /ptg/?