/ltg/ - Linux Tablet General

Help me out here Sup Forums. I'm not new to Linux and run Arch on my desktop, but I don't know anything about Linux on tablets. Which distro or DE works best? Specifically:
>What DE has good touch support?
>What DE supports touch gestures out of the box, or can be easily configured?
>What DE is capable of detecting when a keyboard and/or mouse is connected, and changes the interface accordingly?

Spoon-feed me the answers to my questions please. Or otherwise just talk about how you use Linux on your tablets.

Android

Android

Perhaps I should clarify that I mean GNU/Linux.

you can run GNUshit on Android+Linux

Just don't. Use Windows or Android on it.

GNOME.

>how you use Linux on your tablets.
I don't. I actually like usable systems.

gnome

For gnu/linux there is ubports(ubuntu touch),sailfishX,postmarket OS(This one is nice),Lune OS
But most of them have small hardware support. (except postmarket)

GNOME is the only remotely useful DE on a small touchscreen device.
Best idea is to just not bother and use Windows or Android, preferrably the former if you want a useful system.

Plasma mobile or Ubports, or hell, even Sailfish
All wrong answers

GuhNOME is the only right answer

+1 for gnome. It's the only one that works well out of the box.

Also touchegg is good for gestures, and I've found evdev input driver for the touchscreen works better than libinput. Oh and use chromium.

Android is the only DE supported by the Linux Kernel that supports useful multi-touch features. Anything else can't even start using flicks and spreads yet. Gnome has to use a huge scrollbar that comes out the side of the Window, AHahahaha. How's grab and drag for firefox working out for you?! Hahahahaaa

Death on Arrival

rooted Android, although America makes it illegal to root tablets

What? No.

Land of the Free~~

>touch
Xfce, GNOME and KDE have good touch support.
>gestures
This will be software dependent
>automatic interface changing
I don't believe any DE does this. You'd have to make a script for this yourself.

for touch support you should go with gnome.

>small hardware support
>exept postmarket
postmarket doesn't run well or fully featured on any hardware it "supports". This is not true about ubuntu touch or sailfish.

>thinks android is a DE
>thinks other people are stupid
how is middle school?

I use GNOME on my surface pro
Its way nicer than win 10 was

>Windows
>Windows
>Windows
8.1 is better 10 desu