What DE/WM are you using Sup Forums? and why?

what DE/WM are you using Sup Forums? and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AhJ-fGQsfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unity or i3, because I like them

dwm because
>very very fast
>very very minimal
>no need to rice it at all (i use the stock dwm)
>is maintained and fixed if bugs are found

Stupid question, but does it tile similar to i3 by default? I never liked tiling managers that opened up their first window and didn't take up the screen, and then didn't divide it as more windows were opened

No. Try dwm and compare the two yourself.

>those eyes
>that desktop wallpaper

Yeah no shit, Lady.

jwm (joe's window manager) because it just werks

I guess I'll have to

Stumpwm because it gives me an excuse to write in common lisp

slim and i3 with no rice whatsoever.

i3 because limited screen real estate on my x220. Mate with its window manager on the desktop since I cant be bothered with using i3 on that computer.

She and her son fucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-AhJ-fGQsfo
*inhales*

*Out hales*

that kid's mom is such a bae

i3 with gaps and compton

Litteral fucking autism

xfce with i3, because I'm too lazy to learn how to use i3 by itself and rice it

>>>/fglt/
You killed an ios vs android thread for this motherfucker

I was using I3, but now I felt in love with Deepin. It's beautiful and comfy.

Windows-Explorer

Finder on OS X, Window Maker on *BSD and Linux

XFCE just works

Please write a review afterwards how it compares to i3wm

KDE on Slackware because it's been my environment for decades and I haven't liked change since I turned 40.

In tiled layout windows are managed in a master and stacking area. The master area contains the window which currently needs most attention, whereas the stacking area contains all other windows. In monocle layout all windows are maximised to the screen size. In floating layout windows can be resized and moved freely. Dialog windows are always managed floating, regardless of the layout applied.

I don't think Sup Forums really cares one way or the other. But I will tell briefly my experience and preferences/dislikes for both
Okay, so it's kind of like awesome WM in that way. If you switch to one of the stacking windows, does that one gain priority and the old master window go into the stacking one?

You can use windows in the stack and you can push and pull windows from the stack.

CDE is the default on my operating system and encourages more effective use of virtual desktops along with its no-bullshit look

that kid's mom is so hot

Hey, don't diss OSFirstTimer's mom!

Defautl i3 because I don't fucking care anymore

All my software is 100% default except for vim, and even then aesthetics like the status line and colors haven't been touched. I even use xterm now because it was already there and I didn't feel like installing urxvt.

7 years of desktop ricing will do this to you.

dwm is horribly useless on larger screens and only gets more useless the more windows you are viewing at once

Mate. Because just works.

XFCE, it just works

KDE
It has a modern look, features I need, and doesn't treat me like a retard.

Gnome
It's no fuss, no bullshit, but still customisable without having to fuck with ricing

Ubuntu with xmonad. Ubuntu cause popular and just werks. Xmonad because by default it has no bar so I don't need to bother finding a way to remove it. I also like the fact that by default fullscreen is broken if you don't fix it, because then I can make something fullscreen within a window without actually using my entire screen and just maximize that window if I need proper fullscreen.