Compact cameras

Would you consider buying one in 2018? Why not? Are phone cameras enough these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Light-Room-Photo-Studio-Photography-Lighting-Tent-Kit-Backdrop-Cube-Mini-Box-/302320320697?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought a Canon Powershot ELPH 360 and promptly returned it because it was worse than my phone's camera. I'm just saving up for a real camera now. Don't get the worst of both worlds.

Compacts have the same sensors as phone cameras. They just have a crappy zoom lens in front of them. You need to get something with a better sensor if you want an increase in image quality. Aside from a few oddballs like the Ricoh GR that means an interchangeable-lens camera (SLR or mirrorless, your choice)

I'm actually considering getting one for a couple trips I'm planning on taking, since I don't know if I want to drag my DSLR everywhere. My phone just isn't up to the task. In fact, photos I took years ago with a 3.2-MP Canon P&S look better than my 16-MP phone

I got the one on top-left, still works well, I won't buy another one.
I'm not professional and I don't use pinterest, whatever.

I'd buy a RX100 V if I had the money

I still use a Canon pocket camera I bought in 2009. Only 720p video, but way better in low light then my cell phone.

I use one of these.
My brother gave it to be.
Probably 5X the quality VS a smart phone.
Normiephones just don't have the sensor size.

Yo it looks fucking cute

Not as cute as u though

I guess

uwu

Mirrorless is the future

Phone cameras are, and always will be shit, because of physics.
I always find it funny when people start comparing phone cameras because it's like a competition to see which turd is the most polished.
Phone cameras are good for taking a picture of something for reference or to capture a moment. If you want that something to be in good quality or in any way artistic, look elsewhere.

I still have my old Canon A2200 I bought about 7 years ago, amazing camera

I'd get a a6000 before I'd even consider getting a point and shoot.

Outside of optical zoom and possibly a viewfinder. Those aren't going to offer much over a phone camera.

I was planning on getting a new phone with a decent camera but I wouldn't really use the actual phone aspect of it
can I get a suggestion for a camera better than a smartphone camera for as cheap as possible?

I don't know shit about cameras but I sell a lot of figures and toys on ebay and need to take decent quality pics of small objects with indoor lighting
my current phone camera isn't working as well as it used to in lighting that isn't bright daylight

>Phone cameras are good for taking a picture of something for reference or to capture a moment. If you want that something to be in good quality or in any way artistic, look elsewhere.

All that can be added digitally though.

If you're selling things for profit then it's worth getting a proper set up to take the photos in. As I'm sure you know, good photos will help your items sell for more.

Your set up doesn't have to be fancy, get a mini photo booth like this:
ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Light-Room-Photo-Studio-Photography-Lighting-Tent-Kit-Backdrop-Cube-Mini-Box-/302320320697?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

And set up some lights, they don't have to be anything special, just a desk lamp will do as long as you put something in front of it to diffuse the beam.

When it comes to a camera, honestly a decent phone camera will do but othewise as people said previously, look at a cheap mirrorless like the Sony A6000 with the kit lens. They can be had for like £400 second hand.

That's just not true. You're either not as informed as you think you are or you're being disingenuous.
Phone cameras these days will produce images comparable with any point and shoot.

Get a gx85 body with a 25mm 1.7 mft lens for around 700 total and your footage matches 4k gh5 footage perfectly.

Would you recommend the Pentax Q series in general?

The biggest advantage of a normal camera is the optical zoom. No phone camera can compare.

That's just one, you have sensor size and the lens will obviously be better in a good point and shoot.

Got a rugged camera for hikes, seems more reliable than a phone.

>phone cameras these days can defy physics

if youre going to bother getting a dedicated camera get one with full manual capabilities

Nokia Lumia 1020 has a decent camera for a phone. Only problem is, it runs windows.

Post samples then.