Are your pants ready for Magic Leap?

Are your pants ready for Magic Leap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC38qHlkXwDbAUs9WHKhEi_A
youtube.com/watch?v=gF8H_GAm8mM
youtube.com/watch?v=ry6SZgAReVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>another stupid piece of dead-on-arrival shit
Not even all that manufactured drama and controversy about the Glass could make it relevant, when will people realize that AR is a fucking shitty meme?

*unzips*
they are now.

git r dun

It's not though. Just because Glass failed as Google itself predicted, does not mean it's bad.

HoloLens "failed" also, yet it was amazing, only barrier are the developers.

It's good that big corporations are putting money into it. It's just a matter of time.
PDAs where once "dead-on-arrival" shit that nobody liked or wanted, yet everyone has a Smartphone now.

Hell, remember early smartphones?

That's pretty nice already, but AR is pretty much where "smart devices" where 25 years ago. Aka pic related.
Nobody would have guessed 25 years ago we would have supercomputers (for the time) with the freshly new world wide web in our pockets 24/7.

Am I ready for a shitty launch of a shitty product that is mostly CGI?

Yes.

Make them look like pic related and I'm sold.

Augmented reality is amazing and is the future, however it's not in entertainment, it's in surveying and construction.

youtube.com/channel/UC38qHlkXwDbAUs9WHKhEi_A

youtube.com/watch?v=gF8H_GAm8mM

youtube.com/watch?v=ry6SZgAReVA

>you can see the world as you like
>you can fuck and kiss your coding bros mouth and not be gay because she looks like the anime girl or a celebrity of your chosing
it's gonna be amazing

yay spread my meme

i know people working there rn. They're making tooling for unreal/unity so it will be straightforward to develop on.

I do see it doing better than google glass but in the end it's a v1

Anyone who hates on this shit is no fun. I"m so ready for our cyberpunk future where AugReality shades are a common sight.

I'm gonna use mine for facial analytics and targeting trackers

Question is more about how long it will be a meme. Because one day or another, it's gonna be mainstream

IQ OVER 200

That day is far enough away that AR in its present form and Magic Leap is irrelevant.

It has a tiny FoV like the Hololens. So not really interested in the product itself but what it possibly means for the future sure.

Depends on how old you are. How old ARE you?!

i would

>HoloLens "failed" also, yet it was amazing, only barrier are the developers

The fuck are you talking about? HoloLens is in heavy development right now. Tons of developer sets sold even at $3k and huge community involvement. V2 set to be released soon, lowering the cost slightly and doubling the FoV (which is the biggest complaint about the technology - FoV on V1 is tiny). They're 2/3rds of the way to the same FoV as occluded HMDs with that.

MS needs to tell their marketing department to stop overselling the thing, though. The marketing shit is blatantly misleading.

When will they show an actual product and not just a render?

the models they use are really diverse

I love girls with this hairstyle. The best king are the Irish ones with pale white skin and red hair.

hololens v2 was pushed to 2019, because the technology isn't there yet.

also, ms is way behind magic leap in screen technology if the much touted "lightfield" focusing and dark occlusion in this thing actually deliver as promised