So my house is full of these nasty bright LED light bulbs which are harsh on my eyes...

So my house is full of these nasty bright LED light bulbs which are harsh on my eyes, especially the bathroom bulbs which blind the shit out of me every time I go in the night. What kind of bulbs do you use? I like low watt incandescent for most uses but they get hot and burn out quickly.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz3RWYn7jQY
youtube.com/watch?v=pAqGpoWLLZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have pussy eyes.

i use f.lux myself

Have you tried using lower watt bulbs?

Agreed, probably from spending the better part of my life staring at displays.

fun fact: they are harsh on the eyes because they are actually turning on and off about 30 times per second

this causes an imperceptible flicker that stresses your eyes

i use halogen bulbs as LED flicker is fucking my vision up

My house is filled with these chink mosquito zapper led lights because I don't want to die from malaria.

Or just install dimmer switches.

I read somewhere too that blue LED light has been shown to cause damage in lab tests.

Use eidson lights.
A 1100 lumen bulb in my room was blinding me so I swapped them out.
Seeing my 1st GF naked under that soft edison light was 10/10

I have those very little yellow light bulbs around the house, and bright white LEDs in the bathroom and kitchen. That's how I like it.

>tfw fucked up vision due to led lightning

Sup Forums told me nothing would happen from staring at a monitor for hours...
back to crts and incadescent bulbs I guess

What more light do you need?

fuck your eyes

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

led light have poor quality light spectrum and also it’s preferable to use warmer tone around 3000

Just pee in the bathroom sink.

Just put weaker bulbs in there. Or better yet, get dimmable bulbs and replace the switch with a dimmer.

Bad chink AC bulbs flicker at double the mains frequency (100 Hz for eurofags and 120 Hz for burgers), which is bad but not immediately eye hurting. But good AC bulbs and all DC bulbs don't flicker at all.

...you do realize CRTs flicker more than any LED-backlit monitor with the shittiest PWM, right?

Life in India must be tough.

>buying half wave rectified light bulbs

>fluorescent tubes have been used in office and industrial lighting for decades
>100-120 Hz flicker, terrible linear spectrum, harmful mercury vapor inside

>LED bulbs come out that have none of that shit
>suddenly everyone's eyes are hurting

nocebo is a hell of a drug I guess

>mosquito zapper led lights

Mosquitoes aren't even attracted to light.

I put Philips hue light everywhere.

Stupidly expensive but I have nothing better to spend my money on.

If you look closely, the bug zapping part and the light part are separate. Mosquitoes are attracted to the heatsink.

There also are high quality LEDs with very high CRI
Only 200$ per 5m stripe as well

I generally recommend separate night lighting or pissing in a bottle at night

/csg/ tip: 98% of all bulbs on aliexpress are those, and should be avoided like plague

Mosquitoes aren't attracted to heat either.

It will attract and kill many other flying insects, but not mosquitoes.

Or you could pick some for cheap from ikea

Do the needful you bitch lasagna and show bobs.

There's another set of UV leds that pull injects towards their ultimate doom.
It actually kills a shitload of them, I keep them outside around the house because right now I'm living in some shithole in asia.
teardown
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz3RWYn7jQY

t. IKEA

>turning on and off about 30 times per second

My LED's flicker but it's at something like 1000 times per second not 30.

I can tell because if I take a picture of my light bulbs at very fast shutter speed (1/2000s - 1/8000s) they will randomly be off or even a different color.
But at 1/1000s or slower they always look normal.

The Dimmable Warm Glow from Philips is a good LED bulb. The more you reduce the intensity, the warmer the light is. I use it with the Leviton-SureSlide 6674 dimmer.

I'm not saying you can't attract insects with LED's.

I'm just saying mosquitoes aren't one of the insects you can attract.

youtube.com/watch?v=pAqGpoWLLZc

That seems annoying to me.

What if you want to dim some light but not all?
Mixing color temperatures looks horrible.

Nah, most are at least 100hz
But that is still perceivable as well
I simple use a 10khz+ dimmer which should be the same as a constant stream of light to our eyes

All I know is that every two or three days I need to unscrew the thing and tap it a bit so a bunch of fried up pic related get out of the lamp.
Whatever that thing is doing is working, I'm not really the science man here you know.
I also bought a chink tennis racket which electrocutes them and keep near my office desk.
Fucking jungles man, I can't stand this shit.

P.S. anyone else getting connection errors today?

My other non-dimmable bulbs are 2700K color. The Philips Warm Glow goes to 2100K. It is a quite acceptable range. I would suggest to not mix with 3500K or more.

Nope

Buy lower wattage leds

Where have you been? Led bulbs with 2700k spectrum are common. Look for bulbs labeled "warm white".

Just get 7/8W 3000K LED bulbs...

>no flicker
>minimal blue light
>warm color
yeah fuck you eco niggers

>staring at led bulbs made my eyes more sensitive to led bulbs
wew lad

buy low lumen bulbs, or dimmable bulbs.
you probably also want something in the 3000k color range or lower if you like that old school log cabin vibe.
I like >=5000k myself.

I still have CFLs in the hallways, because they apparently last a surprisingly long time (bought before LED bulbs were cheap). They take a while to get bright so it's easier for me to go to the bathroom in the night.

No, even shitty chink bulbs are fully rectified.

back before TFTs where a thing, everyone was always saying how CRTs fuck your eyes.

did not read thread, typing on phone, Ihave light bulbs that you can controle with your phone, change into all colors, dim the light, make it bright, tell it when to go on by itself etc, all with wlan and no bridge needed. was like 15€ for each bulb 1000 lumen, best shit ever

I too like my lamps being part of a botnet.

will they work for LEDs though?

one of us

For "dimmer compatible" LEDs. They dim the LEDs with PWM depending on input voltage. I guess there's a small risk the cheapest chinkiest shit flickers from this.

tubes are somehow even worse, after a day exposure with not much sunlight, i somehow have blued vision in the far

I've used to put my dick on one of those when i was younger

Faggot OP, monitors have led, your keyboard have led, your mouse have led, your pc have led, how could you reject led.

i just put an extra layer of shades on my bulbs

everything is connected to skynet these days, user

>heatsink on chinkshit

newsflash: there are a lot of different LEDs out there

Tons of different LIFX rgb lights.

It's great, user.