Fucking apple

fucking apple

REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

how the fuck do I install a macos on this fucking thing? old ass 2009 imac. got high sierra on a thumbdrive, boots up, passes checks, starts installing, then just loops.

trying to do the command R, just sits at the apple logo
cant start diagnostics
found an old ass 10.5 dvd, it tried to load off it, but then just sits at a blank screen.

cant download maverick, or el capitan from anywhere. the fuck do i do? fucking macshit. fuck this thing.

Reset your NVRAM and SMC.

install gentoo also Sup Forums isn't your tech support pajeet

Did nvram. Can I reset smc without a Mac keyboard? Using a Ms one.

>10.5 dvd
>2009 imac

Holding D to get to diag does nothing after nvram reset.

Did you just buy this 2nd hand lmao poorfag

No. Freebie. Just needed a new hd

Now it's just at this after holding Option down.

Holding down command, options, r eventually just gets me to the g
Flashing folder screen

Where is internet recovery partition stored?

Remove any drives connected to the Mac and boot up while holding CMD+R.

check out the ram right below the apple on the imac and see if it is of sus quality - try removing a stick

>2009 imac
>internet recovery partition
wut

>this is your technology on Pajeet

you can get capitan from thepiratebay m8

oooo..I just net installed xubuntu on my old circa 2009 mac mini

runs like a champ, try it la

Mactoddlers will defend this.

>10.5
>2009
It will never work. Why are you even bothering?

>partition
it's a modified tftp client in the computer's firmware. Your mac doesn't have it.

what do you mean it starts installing? do you get to an installer? can you select the disk? when you're in the installer there's a way to open a terminal window associated with the install process so you can see what goes wrong. I think the key combo is command + t, but i'm not sure. look in the menu bar in the top during the installation.

I have $20 that says your disk is fucked.

If it needs a new hd how do you expect to install the os?

Well, download El Crapitan from the Pirate Bay and then put it on a flash drive. Make sure the flash drive partition table is GPT and the file system is HFS+ and then see if it boots up. Also try to boot a Linux live distro on it if that doesn't work.

Ctrl, Alt, Shift and power button. Hold them down all at the same time and don't release them until it boots up past the initial white screen.

Just hold down the Alt/Option key as it boots and you might get an internet recovery option. It'll work wirelessly if there's a WLAN card installed, though it's slow as fuck. Use Ethernet if possible.

It's not the RAM if OP is getting any sort of output on the display. The EFI gets loaded from EEPROM to vRAM on boot, and that icon is part of the EFI. If the RAM was bad it would just sit there and beep with a black screen.

>macshit
Found your problem.

You should have read the diagnostics window your macshit showed you every bootloop it made.

you can still install Linux on it

Please stop abusing REE as expression for general anger

>apple
lmao

GNU/Linux*

if you can borrow another mac just clone the hdd with carbon copy cloner.

thats what I did when couldnt install capitan with the dmg file in the usb drive.

well. that's my tip.

>macshit
lmao

>using mac

see there's your problem, if you would've installed gentoo like a good little boy then you wouldn't have problems caused by jews you dumbfuck

Make USB install through cmd+R And then terminal.

The .dmg/.app has a createusb located in it, you need to run it. Google this for more info.

It's a bitch. Fuck apple.

Gentoo does not have these problems.

You HAVE to install El Capitan first.

The guy who made Gentoo uses a Mac.
Get rekt.

check the compatible versions for that imac
newer versions obviously won't work on an old machine

A mac running gentoo. You can't possibly be this retarded.

thistbhfam

OP here.

I dont have access to another Mac. I just got this thing, it had no HD. I put in a brand new HD.

Inside was a DVD with 10.5.

I just want to install Mac OS on it. Why is this so fucking hard on a fucking Mac?

>Mac
Found your problem.

I know, I cant fucking stand them too. I want to take this fucking thing and shoot it out back.

But I figure I get it running, and learn how to use it.

Sup Forums is not your personal tech support
find someone who has a mac that's nice enough to let you use their appstore account so you can use internet recovery since you're this much of a brainlet

>apple
lmao

its too old you fucking poorfag

cmd+R on boot. Wait.

LMFAO
>Apple

AAPL is only good for shorting, don't actually buy their stuff, good lord you're misguided...