Enter conference room for Linux sys admin job interview

>Enter conference room for Linux sys admin job interview
>First interview question: "user, please tell us about your favorite female computer programmer."

pull down your skirt and show them your programming panties

Brianna Wu :^)

grace hopper, she wrote the first ever compiler

Do girls(male) count?

What's the point in having a favorite programmer

>I don't have any favorite programmer, except may be Knuth

i dunno, does this one count?

I don't have personal heroes.
There can be people I agree with but everyone is flawed and I will take whatever good points they have instead.

rachael stallman

i would just make up a name

Ken Thompson

Augusta Ada King-Noel then find out if those 'tards even know who that (arguably the most famous female programmer ever) is.

Voice of wisdom.

Karlie Kloss

Grace hopper

>but everyone is flawed
???
Oh so hitler killing a bunch of jews is just "flawed" as opposed to stereotypical male rage which plagues society?
We'll call you if you got the job, that'll be all.

just say Ada Lovelace and you're correct

>A-adda Lovelace, heh heh..

>But Hitler did nothing wrong

K-Kuh-Karlie Kloss

Unironically this. It's not like they know any others anyway. But make it harder, call her Augusta Byron. If they take issue cue rant about patriarchal power structures and taking husband's name plus authoritarian monarchical blah blah oppressive regimes etc.

>Having to name off female programmers and go explain how much of a cuck you are to get a job
>Ever wanting to spend your life in a shithole like this

>Oh so hitler killing a bunch of jews is just "flawed" as opposed to stereotypical male rage which plagues society?
yes exactly

*sexy smile*
>is you, babe.

Why not Limor Fried?
I know she’s more Electronics, but she does write Open Source Firmware for her products, runs an electronics production company in manhattan (not an easy feat in general let alone regulatory problems), and among other things, is generally not KaRlEEEE CLOSet.

>Fencesitting the post
Le radical centrist.

>The first compiler was written by Corrado Böhm, in 1951, for his PhD thesis. The term compiler was coined by Grace Hopper.,
WE WUZ PROGRAMERS

None.

Fucking shlomos even in Sup Forums

Yeah. Common misconception. She wrote the first linker.

GNU/Linux*

Every fucking time with the stupid color hair why can't they be professional?

Go back to Sup Forums Schlomo.

My mom. Worked 30 years programming COBOL for a large bank.

Obviously Denise Ritchie. Only a female mind can think up a language like c.

Of course, that's very progressive.

nah the only flaw about Hitler is that he lost

>Stand up and walk out without saying anything.

Disgusting

Ada Lovelace

I'll show myself out

What a babe.

Linda Lovelace

Moot

"A small tupperware of strawberries? Of blueberries? Where are the donuts? Enjoy your deathtrap, ladies!" *walks out*

Pretty much this, plus Karlie Kloss and some random trap

Corine Yu.
It's that kind of person that cause actual knife fights between the companies CEOs for the person.

>killing Jews
>flawed
If only he did kill 6 million. Him losing and him having too much mercy in his heart for the Jews were his only flaws.

If she's not in a job where she actually has to talk to the client in person, why do you care what color her hair is? Like any good programmer, just shove her in a cubicle and forget about her until you have to do a code review. In fact, do the code review over some text interface so you don't have to talk in person. In fact, forget the office, just have everyone work from home.

Ada Lovelace. Got the job due to nepotism -since women in STEM have been doing since the start of time- because she was the daughter of some Lord Byron whatshisname. Then there was a madman who invested all his money and life in creating some wooden mechanical computer. He was the idea guy, and Ada was the guy who says "I'll make the logo"; then it all flopped harder than BTC.

Underrated

why are there so many threads about female programmers? just shut the fuck up about it.

> "Leah Rowe, because she understands the disgusting nature of non free blobs and disabled the (((intel management engine))) on specific laptops. P.s. I crack DRM during my free time and contribute to the FSF. If you don't hire me, I'll tell Salon that you won't hire me because one of my inspirations is a tranny. Fite my fgt."

easy, answer Margaret Hamilton

There's only one cowreck answer.

Joanna Rutkowska, any other questions?

you

fucking easy

>30 years programming COBOL
goddamn, bless your mother.

Leah Culver, of course.

I couldn't even answer if they ask me what is my favourite male programmer lol.