So I got an iphone X for Chirstmas (early cause leaving on trip)...

So I got an iphone X for Chirstmas (early cause leaving on trip), and I'don't trust apple fo shit and don't want to be monitored in the future. What does Sup Forums think?
> face id ok, fuckit
> no face id
> re-gift it
> smash iphone
so the question is, does it make a big difference if they have my face recognition or not on the question of anonymity
thanks for the help

Other urls found in this thread:

hdcplayer.com/?Product/Apple-phones/1:1-iPhone/Best-iPhone-8-Plus-Copy-Phone-For-Sale-China.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post the phone with timestamp

Sell it, and buy another phone plus a decent camara or whatever you want.

it's no more of a botnet than any android phone

Who is this skeptical someone has a phone? Are you 7?

Nah, it's just that i wanna see it. You don't have to but it's whatever

bro why? lol

can't do that it was a christmas gift, still live with senpai in high school. i was joking about breaking it. what I wanted to know specifically was wether it made a difference from a facial recognition standpoint. (imagine apple/gov evil and they look at my face through some security camera) does it make a difference wether I give them my face id?
no conspiracy theorist here, just lemme know plz

There are a lot of shills going around. Post proofs.

/thread

Sell it, buy this. Spend the rest on hookers.

hdcplayer.com/?Product/Apple-phones/1:1-iPhone/Best-iPhone-8-Plus-Copy-Phone-For-Sale-China.html

why? do you think a company in the business of selling your data is going to respect your privacy more than a company that sells fashion accessories?

of having an iphone?

Apple cant be worse than the google botnet.

no I know, my question was a technical one
"what I wanted to know specifically was wether it made a difference from a facial recognition standpoint. (imagine apple/gov evil and they look at my face through some security camera) does it make a difference wether I give them my face id?"

on a proprietary system, you can't really have a proper assessment of what happens to your data

do you trust apple enough with their promises to keep your data safe?
do you think facial rec. is a mature secure technology to use in the first place (hint: no)?
do you think that it would be better to

minimize the amount of data you give on devices you can not trust?

I know, and I don't, but apple already has pretty much all my data, so it is a bit late at this point. I meant wether face id makes a difference from face recognition point of view, to be used on different devices to recognize me easier. I already don't trust apple for shit.

Yes.

be honest with yourself
do you seriously think one of the worlds most valuable brands needs shills on a vietnamese basketweaving messageboard?

Sell it and buy the cheapest android phone you can find. You'll have much money for otherr important things

Jail break it so you don't have to deal with itunes.

Cant you just not use face id? If I got an iphone x for free I'd probably use it. Nothing you do on any phone is really secure or private anyways. From a pure objective standpoint iphones are really good phones, they're just not really worth the money, which in your case doesnt matter since it was a gift

>buy personal tracking device
>hurrrr what about the face pics

stupid fucker

The main reason to have a smart phone is for things like gaming. IOS sucks for that because you can't hack.

Only if you want to do it for free. Alternatively you could jailbreak your iphone. There may not be a crack yet for the iphone x but i guarantee there will be eventually

gaming?
are you serious?

I think that is the solution, would have to block the face id infrared shit anyway somehow, however something sketchy just happened. I posted pretty much the same thread on Sup Forums and started talking technical and wether face id part of a face could be used to recognize someone easier on a security camera, and before I got answer from tech ppl the thread got deleted.

I just got an iphone X 4 hours ago.

>$999 - 300 trade in beat up iphone6
>$700 is manageable for a non-poorfag.
>It took me about 2hrs to get used to no home button.
>I will never go back to plebeian home buttons.
>even crappy earpods sound much better plugged into digital port.
>FaceId: Ok, i'll give it a try. It's fucking fast. Will not go back.
>The phone feels like it's run by a threadripper
>It's too beautiful to put a fucking case on it.

I will probably severely damage this phone by Monday, but goddamn is it nice.

and this was a thread with a lot of people participating after 30 minutes, on page 2

I can just leave the iphone somewhere, however face id apple has your data forever

That's one of the all round fucking dumbest posts I've seen in a few hours. This board is beyond help, everyone here is fucking retarded tech illiterate. OP, just leave.

>Didn't get the Note 8 with the pros of having a 6in oled display thats 1440p, comes with a stylus, IP68, usb-c plus a MOTHERFUCKING HEADPHONE JACK and without the cons of a notch, 5 year old port, $500 plus repair for a glass back

where the hell you get $300 trade in for an iPhone 6? Most they'd give me is $80 and my iPhone 6 is in pretty clean condition. no scratches or cracks. I call bullshit. This phones being a piece of shit dropping my calls and freezing on apps.

It's an $82 discount (upfront), and then $218 (((credited))) back to you monthly over 24 months.

T-Mobile has this promo for 3 days.

Essentially I'm paying $918 for an iPhone X and they are giving me back $8/month for 24 months).

It equates to $300 credit.

>This phones being a piece of shit dropping my calls and freezing on apps.
>iPhone

Found your problem.

Don't be rational. That's how the government wins.

Just sell It or trade it for a Note 8

yeah i know that's the problem. I'm tired of your piece of shit. I took good care of as I do for all my electronics. I've been through 7 exchanges through Tmobile and talked over the phone with their tech. That end up telling me the same shit over and over. "reset the phone to factory settings, don't install any apps or backup from icloud Fucking thanks apple I bought a smartphone to not use any apps just so i can fucking make calls. I rather deal with being a green bubble as long as i can make calls and use my normie apps.

>don't want to be monitored
>owns a spy device who's sole purpose of mass production and cheap selling price is for the constantly spying on its owner
install gentoo

Politely tell the person you bought it from that you do not wish to own the device so they can get their money back and give you something you might enjoy. or even just the money back.

You kids now have no respect for people who go out of their way to buy you a gift.

This. The only option is to not own a phone, or at the very least on with a removable battery so you can depower the baseband (hint: even powered-off phones are connected to cellular networks since the baseband can just draw power itself).

It's a about as plausible as having multi-billion dollar media/advertising/studios getting moderator positions in Sup Forums, Sup Forums and other consumer boards (protip: it's going on right now you moron)

>I don't want to be monitored
Then you don't want anything with any kind of wireless connection.

yes because this is Sup Forums where we care about what can we do with piece of technology (and you can't do shit with iToddle) and no /fa/ where they care about 'value of brand'

What Sup Forums seems not to comprehend (partly because it's full of NEETS) is that corporations don't give a flying fuck about you. Sure they like to have numbers about how you use the device and your localization in order for targeted ads to work the best.
And, desu, if they ever gave a shit about you, most of the time it would be impossible to see whose data belong to because of obfuscation. They litteraly spend millions on this.

Now the problem is when the gov is interested in you because that want YOUR personal data not some data. And that's why Apple made such a big deal about encryption because if they help the gov on this they lose the people's confidence in them and hence the data and lose money.

Hello

>they don't give a shit about you
>YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TURN THAT OFF GOYIM
pick one and only one

>implying they would care about a basement dwelling Sup Forumstard living off its parents money

>touchwizz

if they don't care then they would let me turn it off and wouldn't go to great lenghts to hide the fact they monitor you

>Sup Forums

Lmao when the poltards start admitting their origins

>board loyalty

thats a retarded way of writing the letter 'k'