/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZQZC7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-1000x-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones-measurements
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sony/wh-1000xm2-noise-cancelling-wireless
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35-qc35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lewd

Why'd you make a new thread. The bump limit wasn't even reached lol.

Maki!

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

I'd like to know what headphones those are.

What are the second best headphones behind the HD600?

Wireless earbuds to lift and run in?

Any suggestions for different prices?

i want to FUG maki

Ma(ki)900!

maki, have you thought about bluetoothing those? I just bought one for portable stax :D

amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZQZC7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used to own an audio technica Bluetooth dongle a long time ago, which i used with PM-3s. I am just waiting for a transmitter which supports LDAC.

Idol trash here. Catalonia edition.
What's your setup like, user?
(note: I do not recommend the mdr-7506 pictured)
Maki a cute. A cute!!

>tfw Ogoku Ogoku with MA900
DAKARA WAN TOO THLEE DE ARUKIDASE

>invited to bbq by coworker at mutual friend's house
>mutual friend talking about how much better lossless audio formats are compared to lossy formats like mp3
>talking about how great tidal is compared to spotify because muh lossless streaming
>uses razer kraken headset as his only pair of headphones

>going outside

Did you let him use your HD600 for a while?
I know it's cruel, but friends don't let friends live unaware of what they're missing by using shit gamer headsets.

AKG712

How to get rid of curlies?

Yank on the cord as hard as you can. That should straighten it out.

Not him but I keep getting headphones to test and I keep going back to my HD600. How does it keep doing it?

gravity hang from door with something weighted attached to it like a headphone

Clean your wall. That should straighten them out.

stop buying poorfag headphones

which one

Extremely happy with my headphone setup, however I'm debating if I should switch out my monitors

get the lsr305 while they're on sale

Was more considering a 3 way system. Looking at the Dynaudio LYD 48 right now

get the kh 310 in that case.

What do Maki phones sound like?

They sound as bad as they look

Initial goal:
>low budget (poorfag)
>Argentina
>goal is better PC gaming audio and durable headphones
>full-sized
>either open, semi or closed
>I've used a Logitech H390 for 5 years, I can take the pain
Reality:
>Argentina
>be poorfag
>everything electronic is overpriced (for rounding purposes headphones are 50 dollars above the american price)
>importing is a clusterfuck of legal papers
>ergo, have to resort to local stores
>mfw

After hours of browsing with guides both local and from this thread I made a list of possible choices (local prices converted to USD):
>Sennheiser HD201 - $53
>Sennheiser HD202 - $66
>Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger (these are basically reskinned Takstar Pro 80 headphones + mic, even non-gamers seem to like/recommend it) - $71
>Shure SRH 240 A - $89
>Sennheiser HD205-ii - $100

I think I'll go for the Cloud Stinger, I heard they're nearly the same or better than the HD202, but I'm still not sure. I also can't find any proper reviews/comparisons about the SRH 240A or the HD205-ii versus the others on this list.
What would you recommend? Or should I get something else?

>50 dollars above the american price)
I meant 30.

i have a pair of sennheiser hd 650 and i love them when im playing classical music but i feel they are very underwhelming when playing metal ect, do i need to buy a dac or something or just get something else?

what is underwhelming about them

get a dark or V shaped headphone. neutral ones are going to be missing that growl sound you get from deep bass

Shall I buy some Sony wh-1000mx2's for £299?
Want some good noise cancelling wireless headphones and these seem the best of the bunch imo

qc305

The speaker system, or do you mean QC35's?
They're the same price atm and I could get them tomorrow, are they better?

QC35 i meant sorry, which are the best ANC headphones on the market

not sure how to explain it just feels kinda dull and lacking, kinda like how it would be if i set the bass to the lowest setting on my speaker setup.

EQ the bass up? if you're after rumble you won't really get that in headphones apart from something like the TH900

bullshit. tried on both the qc 35 iis and the 1000xm2s in sg duty free. sonys were way better at anc than the bose. sound quality is good with the sonys, did not try with the bose so cannot comment

Really? Is there much difference between the sound quality on both sets?

Just I've read that the Sony's have the better audio quality but Bose have better noise cancelling. But I've only tried the Bose because nowhere near me stocks the Sony's and I did think they sounded great.

nice post-purchase rationalization but bose have the best noise cancelling in the business, it's the companies only redeeming quality along with their DSP

sony's wireless headphones have very bad sound quality. if you think the qc35 sounded great then your decision is made.

my previous cheap "gamr" headset did it quite nicely though, was a sirus storm. might just be eq as you said though. where would i go to fix that as i have only fiddled with it in included programs before

>nice post-purchase rationalization
i dont understand how testing both headphones in the same place at the same time and finding the sony to have better anc to be post-purchase rationalization.

i will admit that anc is dependent on the person, so for me the sony was noticeably better than the bose.

gaming headsets tend to have very boosted but muddy bass, you could achieve something similar by removing the foam in the little cage on the back of each cup (under the grille) but EQ would be a better way.

if you're on windows you can use equalizerAPO.

that's not what he's talking about. he's missing the growl in guitars and the punchiness from drum kicks. it's not "rumble", you don't need a bass cannon for it you need a dark headphone that is tonally correct. the lcd-2c for example

innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-1000x-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones-measurements

>ANC active modes show about 24dBr isolation, which is quite good, but not quite as good as the Bose QC 35's -28dB.

except those fall in line with exactly where the HD650 have their midbass hump

yes, it does, except he wants darker. you would need an even further reduced treble region and thicker mids. aka the lcd-2c

>thicker mids
what does that even mean? also what you're trying to imply doesn't line up with what he said, if a speaker had a hump at that midbass region it wouldn't sound like the lowest bass setting on a speaker setup.

what monitors are those

>mdr-1000x
>wh-1000xm2

not the same

also: rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sony/wh-1000xm2-noise-cancelling-wireless
>overall attenuation: -28.14dB
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35-qc35
>overall attenuation: -25.16dB

>what does that even mean?
magnitude starts to fall later in the FR curve than it normally should where it then dips further in the treble region than it normally should. this makes it elevated and meaty sounding. growl isn't just a midbass hump it has to do with all of the midrange and lowend.

my bad, fucking sony naming schemes. the bose still measure better soundwise though.

Should I go for HD600s if I have little idea about my preferred sound signature and I'm too socially awkward to go try some headphones out in store?
I like it when the music goes woosh woosh and a little treble doesn't hurt I guess

again, cant comment on that. sony does support ldac and aptxhd though. dont think bose has ldac.