This is it Sup Forums. I am going to complete the circle and install Ubuntu 16...

This is it Sup Forums. I am going to complete the circle and install Ubuntu 16.04 instead of the regular obscure/autismo distro.
Fucking sick of having to go through hoops to get basic shit working.

I find Ubuntu lack alot of the software I want.

I ended up using Manjaro as my just werks distro because I can still get all the AUR stuff I like

Good luck

I wish I could install ubuntu.

Literally the only worth using Linux distro. Good choice, mate.

I feel you
But Debian is still better in every way possible
>no it isn't
yes it is
it has a HUGE community
if you can't find software for it in the official repos you can just add repos to your sources.list
and also ppas

I have experience with both distros and their variants, but any piece of software I find that supports Linux ALWAYS has an ubuntu version (and most of the times a Red Hat/Fedora and debian version as well). Manjaro/Arch has the AUR but I honestly can't say I trust other people to mentain and update every software I can't find in the repo...

Did the same thing a while ago and it's honestly really good!
The only thing that bothers me is that Ubuntu drains my laptop battery a bit quicker than less resource intense distros

>Fucking sick of having to go through hoops to get basic shit working.

Not a bad decision at all, tbqh. I'm still using Arch personally, just because I don't want to ever reinstall that. I also want to stay current with the kernel/FOSS AMD drivers, but I can definitely see the appeal of Ubuntu. It has the benefit of a pretty large company in Canonical behind it too, sort of like with SUSE, which means you're going to get better and more official support keeping it usable.

once ubuntu LTS makes the switch to gnome i'm gonna use the budgie DE distro on my desktop. gnome 3 is still so ugly/feels bad

Slackware is the most comfy choice.

>if you can't find software for it in the official repos you can just add repos to your sources.list
>and also ppas

You can do that in Ubuntu, too.

>I find that supports Linux ALWAYS has an ubuntu version
Can't even install Atom without a ppa

Which means I have to google to find it rather than use the package manager

good choice OP

it takes some people years to get there

can't even install vscode without AUR
meaning you have to recompile it every time it updates, which takes a couple of minutes on my haswell i7

>install atom

ok karly.

>install fedora27
>werks
>reboot and update
>nvidia kernel missing
F U C K this fucking around fuck. this is not fun at all.

this close to using fucking mint. so debian here i come

>so debian here i come
Here, I made this for you.

OUTDATED
PACKAGES

You can't?

How's Ubuntu Budgie for babbies first linux? It looks nice and simple.

>What is bloat?

Try Solus instead

ubuntu is a distro for adults

Bullshit. VS Code has portable distro-neutral binary packages. Use those on my Gentoo install.

>I find Ubuntu lack alot of the software I want.
Weird way of saying "I'm too dumb to use ppas/backports and compiling software myself".

>i used X distro without community repos and i didn't like it as much as using Y distro with community repos

ppas>aur anyway

>Not using the binary AUR version

So you gave up

Outdated packages > Nonworking packages

I fully understand going Ubuntu but LTS is just for pussies. I don't see how you can enjoy tons of outdated software.

because im more concerned with my software working not having the latest update that lets me do some shit i dont even do

Uninstalling Ubuntu partitions at this very moment. AMA.

Sounds like you're pretty anxious about this.

>not uninstalling your hard drive
>not uninstalling your PC

Stability is comfy

I did this few months ago. Realised that I don't care about tweaking my OS, I just want to do something with it.
Although, I used arch and liked it a lot, would prefer using it over ubuntu. Arch installation worked for me for a year and a half. After this time something odd happened, after update and reboot I just got some tty errors.
At this point I said
>Fuck it, let's just use Ubuntu LTS
It just works ™