How likely is it that we're living in a simulation?

How likely is it that we're living in a simulation?

100%.. the only thing that is real is the void/matrix, which gives rise no innumerable simulations

About this much

Nothing actually exists at all.

So far, no signs that show we're living in a simulation. We're still discovering things and technology still advances.

>So far, no signs that show we're living in a simulation
except that there is no matter, only fluctuations of energy at the tiniest levels

the only reason we think that is because the concept of a simulation exists on earth and we have the fucking nerve to think that our entire existence is based on that

We're living in a simulation of a simulation of a simulation...

What makes you say that?

Matter IS energy

I'd go with Occam's razor on this one.

There is no way to tell that, so why should we discuss that. Also define simulation and more important define reality...

If we imagine the time spanning from the appearance of humans until humans are able to build simulations, on the one hand, and the time spanning from the building of the simulations until the heat death of the universe, on the other hand, it is not unreasonable to assume that the later is infinitely longer than the former.

So the probability of us being in a simulation approaches 100%

not insane, but...

this life could be a booth in a breakroom on a mining planet where we're all digging for some valuable resource. i could have just finished an instant lunch from the machine over there and decided to go for a spin in this booth. the time isn't in sync, so be back to work in a couple minutes

because of godel's theorem

the log e complexity wouldn't allow it

50%
either we are, or we arent

almost 100%, but even if we were, does it matter?

I think there is some cofusion around this subject. I see the words simulation, and projection or hologram used interchangeably. Could we be a simulation, matrix style? Sure why not? But that means you are all npc’s.

We are absolutely a projection though, in the mathematic sense. Operating under the assumption that there are in fact more dimensions than the three we exist in plus time, than our world is just a 3 dimensional projection changing over time of events occurring in higher dimensions. Similarly to how you would calculate areas of two dimensional projections of 3D objects in calculus

it's impossible

yeah like this is all made up, what is actual reality? and for whom and why would this present reality be worth the time and effort to falsify?

If we're living in a simulation, why can't we hack it and make our waifus real?

is it one of those moment when u feel like u just found out the perfect use for some picture u saved long time ago

>tfw sys admin closed the pool

zeroooo, booooo, total bunk
only reason they say that is cause they're finding out that things behave in a way that brings to mind the idea of a simulation, i.e. quantum entanglement. 'sjust a meme to explain the n8r of universe to normys with the added fuckin-love-science appeal.

how could we interface with the simulation? math?

the limit of the probability of us being in a simulation is 100%, because assuming the technology to build a simulation exists and civilizations are actually building these simulation technologies, their simulated universes will birth civilizations that can themselves build a simulation. So we're probably somewhere inside a nested chain of simulations that are thousands and thousands of computers deep.

And it only takes a segfault on one of them to fuck our day up

How do you know we can't?