Mozilla is evil incarnate

Mozilla is evil incarnate

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/
goodlogo.com/tags/black red
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not like any other browser is better.
Only Quantum based Icecat will save us now.

Memes aside, I'm pretty tired of Firefox. It has been on a downward spiral into shittiness for years now. What's a good alternative to this pile of junk? All I want is a competent download manager, per-site cookie control, an ad blocker, and a decent speed and compatibility with websites.

Looks like he just parroted the first article he found about the mr robot thing.

He said that mozilla pushed an extension that modifies all web pages you visit to place ads for mr robot.
You could argue that there's technically nothing wrong with this statement but it's undoubtedly worded in such a way to make it seem it does something it doesn't.

It's a part of an alternate reality game and the addon is _completely inactive_ until you find and enable an about:config flag.
Only then it modifies some words in the page and it gives you clues or something.

I like the guy but that's some really shitty journalism.

using iridium on mac. lowest resource usage besides safari (but safari cant into webems and generally sucks more than chromium)

Waterfox is basically firefox 56 with a lot of drm and trash removed it runs a bit faster because of that.
Also there is palemoon of you like customisability it is based on old firefox but now has become its own thing. It is also quite lightweight(running it on a dell latitude d500 with a pentium M at 1.30ghz)

So he's a Sup Forumstard?

He's a clickbaiter and he's literally paying to get shilled here. Pretty obvious he doesn't care about getting the facts right. But if i could i'd change to Icecat quantum as soon as it comes out like the other user said.

Stop shilling your shitty YT channel you fucking faggot. Saged and reported for advertising.

>wah private company is doing what they want with their resources.
>but muh censorship! pls think of the children!
WTF I love mozila now!

>he doesn't use Iridium

Wow user, you're missing out.

I want to use Waterfox but I've been starting to use container tabs a ton in quantum. It's one thing I'd miss a lot.

>he doesn't use (Waterfox|Chromium|Dooble|qtbrowser)
Wow, user, you're missing out.

A ``good'' browser on a proprietary userland is literally placebo to the highest caliber.

Yeah. I kind of vaguely respected Lunduke when he made that video attacking the Linux Foundation head for using MacOS, and then I took a second to think about it and realized that 1) he tried to start a witch hunt based on the testimony of a twitter post and no evidence and 2) some people have to use proprietary software out of necessity, including Lunduke himself and many of his friends, including The Linux Gamer, who literally admitted he runs two Windows boxes but still insisted on drinking the senseless witch hunt Koolaid.

In this video, literally the first thing he does is strawman his critics because they "don't think it's right for me to say these things", thus validating their true criticism of him, which is that he's making fucked up accusations built on horribly distorted premises.

He is, but the first three points are true.

Oh boo hoo Mozilla showed Mr Robot ads

with jews you lose.

And worst of all they're sjws

How is it related to Sup Forums?
Do you really like censorship?

IceCat in general has been the solution since ver. 38

I found that 52ESR based IceCat has some addon troubles, because of the xul->memeextensions transition.
59ESR based one will be the saviour.

Also, it's a damn shame mozilla switched to MSVC so the latest binary for windows is 38ESR.

> Everyone i dont like is Sup Forums
Also he is a jew

>59ESR based one will be the saviour.
Agreed. IceCat is the only reason why I'm so excited for 59.

Just because you're Jewish doesn't mean you can't be anti-Zionist.

Why is he spouting Sup Forums memes? Why am I not seeing actual arguments over why Firefox is shit etc? Even a 10 year old can find actual reasons to dislike Firefox but this adult can't do something as simple like that.

Nobody is surprised, just disappointed.

You people are the worst.

Who's that faggot and why is his ugly face posted here so often?

Just use Waterfox and you can literally forget every point on this image.
>Removed Telemetry
>Removed data collection
>DRM disabled by default (you can still activate it in settings)
>don't install software without your consent
>don't spy the users so they have no data to sell so they can't support shitty organizations
This is literally Firefox without the bullshit.

a jew

he knows very well how to make marketing

he probably has a lot of people posting around here
also every time he streams, he gets lots of money donated, probably money laundry

If you don't want to go down the autism spiral than chromium should be fine.

on Windows at least, I've tried Waterfox multiple times, and I'm confused by all these people saying it's faster, because the thing always seemed as slow as

except that the intent was probably enable it with a later update

It wasn't. The config flag was a part of the game.
It involves viewing a specific site both with and without the addon to get some kind of code.

Which site is this? I keep hearing it sends meta data to specific sites but no one mentions what.

Does anyone have any experience with Brave? How is it?

Come home white man.

brave.com/

Ok on mobile
Shit on desktop

Not ready for the desktop (which is sad because otherwise it's very performant and privacy focused thanks to Eich the God). But a must on mobile right now.

Brian ((((Lunduke))))

Just discovered this guy a week ago he seems pretty cool

>people now need youtube talking heads in order to form opinions

Sup Forums infection seems terminal for this board

>Pajetzilla

I mostly hate Lunduke's opinions and how malformed they are, but that's super endearing. His daughter is ultra cute.

>His daughter is ultra cute.
N-not in a pedo way right..?

(I actually thought it was a boy at first)

>were gonna talk about motilla
>we need to talk about motilla
>motilla motilla motilla motilla
is this guy serious?

Something is wrong with your mind.

Is Iridium any good? want something fast as chrome without the botnet and since I'm on W7, the ungoogled fork is unmaintained and several versions behind.

We're on Sup Forums.
Something is wrong with all of our minds.

divisive jew pls go

>Sup Forums now agrees with a jew
This site has gone to the shitter

I'm still waiting to see a direct connection between RiseUp and Antifa and proof of Mozilla giving money to them because of Antifa.
>muh logo colors
Boy, look at all these Antifa! goodlogo.com/tags/black red

what a dumb picture, literally basically pic related

everyone knows what fucking riseup is already

WHAT THE FUCK

Just two (?) days ago I set uMatrix up to spoof user agent strings, today that feature is gone from the settings.

Am I the only one? I can't seem to find any bugreports on github for that, so what the fuck is happening?

Nobody cared on this website about identity politics until a few years ago

because it literally paints you as a unique figure literally contradicting the very idea people think it's for

There's a bunch of other user agent spoofer extensions available

absolute bullshit

Guess you need to read into it some more because it was literally just highlighting you as a suspicious target. Good luck fixing that. :)

>33 minute long video
jesus christ what is wrong with this generation of kids

I also find puppy dogs cute. At what point am I insinuating bestiality?

Yes, what is wrong with having a normal attention span, pray tell?

That's fine by me. Good luck dealing with that :)

Enjoy your adnetworks.

>you're being targeted by utilizing stupid methods that don't actually help you in any way, just creates a unique fingerprint
>THATS FINE BY ME
LMAO

You telling me in caps that you don't know what happens in real world scenarios out of your walled gardens. Fine by me.

>a non-profit organization is a private company

Nice source there.

>what is mozilla corporation

An open source userland on proprietary hardware is also retarded placebo. Lmao.

Thst entire video was retarded. The Linux foundation's guy job is to promote Linux and help marketing it to potential customers, increasing its usage in the field.

And guess who those customers are? Companies deploying Linux servers and Linux bedded systems of all kinds. It's retarded to force yourself to use a single operating system for literally everything when there are more practical things available for some use cases. I'm sure the guy knows his shit and is a Linux expert, otherwise he wouldn't have his position.

>be mozilla
>old ceo on his own dime, his own time, years ago wrote a check of $1,000 privately to an organization in califroina that was against homosex marriage because h
>never once endorsed his politics at work
>never once stated his opinion openly
>no one, not a single soul in mozilla or outside mozilla really new his beliefs
>they fired him because justice

>On March 24, 2014, Eich was promoted to CEO of Mozilla Corporation.[12] Gary Kovacs, John Lilly and Ellen Siminoff resigned from the Mozilla board prior to the appointment,[13] some anonymously expressing disagreements with Eich's strategy and their desire for a CEO with experience in the mobile industry.[14][15] Some employees of Mozilla Foundation (a separate organization from Mozilla Corporation) tweeted calls for his resignation, with reference to his donation of $1,000 to California Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California[16][17] before being struck down in 2013, when it was declared unconstitutional and marriages were allowed to resume.[18] Eich stood by his decision to fund the campaign, but wrote on his blog that he was sorry for “causing pain” and pledged to promote equality at Mozilla.[13][19] Some of the activists created an online shaming campaign against Eich, with online dating site OkCupid automatically displaying a message to Firefox users with information about Eich's donation, and suggesting that users switch to a different browser (though giving them a link to continue with Firefox).[20][21][22] Others at the Mozilla Corporation spoke out on their blogs in his favor.[23][24] Board members wanted him to stay in the company in a different role.[25] On April 3, 2014, Eich stepped down as CEO and resigned from working at Mozilla; in his personal blog, Eich posted that "under the present circumstances, I cannot be an effective leader."[26][27]

Firefox ESR 52 will be my last ESR, I'll switch this march when the distros start to switch from 52 to 59

>OkCupid automatically displaying a message to Firefox users with information about Eich's donation, and suggesting that users switch to a different browser
jesus what the hell. talk about a massive witch hunt. i think its stupid to be against gay marriage but come on that's a witch hunt.

>have publicity opinion that's different
>get fired and publicly shammed
i could understand if he was trying to burn gays at mozilla or purposefully discriminating against them but he did none of that. it was a 2008 ballot, he donated just a $1,000 and he's catholic. a catholic not liking homosexual marriage what a shocker. i guess we gotta fire all them christians right?

That* embedded*

How about you stop spreading Sup Forums rumors and stick to the facts?
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
Both Mozilla and Eich in his private blog stated that Mozilla didn't pressure him to step down, that the media misrepresented the problem, that the only Mozilla employees who wanted him out didn't really work or know the guy (if you check their Twitter profiles you'll see that a. They don't work for Mozilla anymore and b. They had positions in Human Resources.)
Eich wasn't fired. That's a lie.

Any word when Waterfox will update to version 57? The only reason I haven't switched yet is I've been loving FF57 Quantum and switching to anything before 57 will feel like I'm using FF ESR

>Mozilla is evil incarnate

Says the OP who literally links to youtube. Nice try Alphabet shill.

hi moz employees

never

it's just gonna sit as a shitty fork of 56 permanently

Nope. FF can get fukt too. They broke my NoScript and I'm not going back. But even a brainlet can see OP is stirring the shit to get people to switch to Chrome.

Complains about FF free speech concerns, but links to botnet hive of censorship? I wonder who is behind this post...

>I wonder who is behind this post...
>t. redditor
PATHETIC

>stretches every sentence out with unnecessary drama
>slideshows are uninformative
>neglects mentioning the addon was installed only if you had “experiments” enabled

I despise Firefox but I dislike this Lunduke already. If you’re going to make an informative video you need to put in actual details.

any nons know of a flash video downloading tool that works with palemoon?
one that can extract video from any site, not just youtube?

I used videodownloadhelper on FF but it doesn't work in palemoon.
other addons like CYS only work on youtube.
I even tried using cacheviewer to get the video from the cache but it doesn't work either...

I did try older versions of addons but those don't work either.

flashgot works

so what's the alternative?

inb4 google shills shill chrome

Chrome

>le Sup Forums boogeyman
Research the shady extension that was apparently a marketing for Mr Robot

Some people are so fucking stupid they think that Sup Forums = anti-sjw, you don't need to be a Sup Forumstard to not be a fucking idiot.

experiments are enabled by default on a fresh install of firefox

Oh, fuck off, you retarded weenie. What is the lesser of two evils? You can't be so genuinely stupid that you don't understand the distinction. You're being purposely stupid.

youtube-dl

Most burgers think that

The american left is based entirely on postmodern ethics and rhetoric, and is so evolved that it is no longer identifiable as logical philosophy, but rather something argued entirely with "humanity". Not just feelings, but feelings literally every civilization expects you to have and prioritize.

Which means you can't be against it without being some form of evil (ie: a nazi), and anything you do against it outs you as some form of nazi. For example, a tranny can't even say "I think letting preteens get HRT is wrong. it's better to be slightly uglier and happy than be suicidal because you were never really the gender you thought you were. children don't really know what they are." because then they actually have internalized transphobia and were probably brainwashed by nazi. Actually, saying that from any position would probably get you fired from some places. And nearly all of the people complaining about you would be straight, white, female, and well off enough to have iphones that weren't purchased on credit and cars that aren't leased.

Americans are properly fucked up.

the alternative to browsers supported by shady fucks who engage in morally questionable political activism and treat their users like monkeys that fling money instead of shit?

nothing that works with most websites being made today, because the browsers that push for the features all the devs want are also the ones that fit that description, and the features are rather difficult and time consuming to implement correctly.

it sure is a good thing using software is nothing like inviting the mozilla staff to live in your home and you can ensure that you give them neither money nor data fairly easily

a proprietary userland and an OSS userland that has not undergone several independent audits, with a codebase that is too complex or poorly styled for average users to attempt to audit, are basically the same from a privacy and security standpoint

sorry GNU/Linuxtards

Wow, what a lot of verbosity to glorify what is literally braindead Unix wrapped around Mach. You don't know what you're talking about. You're a delusional idiot, and everyone you're not fooling anyone.