So, what should I do to disable the botnet ability of windows 10?

So, what should I do to disable the botnet ability of windows 10?

inb4 ubuntu

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/uk/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/
privacytools.io/#win10
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/
m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_10_pro_no_bloatware_edition_64_bit.html
github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases
gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg
gnu.org/gnu/pronunciation.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get LTSB

how into

another question, is using windows 10 without activation legal and safe?

Anyone with access to Google can get their win10 activated legitimately and for free

Did anybody do the recent update yet? why is it taking so fucking long? I'm on 3% and it's been like 20 minutes wtf

cnet.com/uk/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

no automatic updates doesn't mean no backdoors

How can you be this fucking retarded?

what

>You pose as a defective user so you can get a free ''upgrade'' to W10
Really, really made me think

Win7 dax loader

>legal
No, but it doesn't matter because you're not a big company and therefore nobody cares.

>safe
That's way too vague a word in this case. Yes, it's currently alright for you to use, however nothing that's connected to the internet can truly be considered safe. If you mean security against malware, then Windows 10 is inherently safer than 7, and it doesn't matter whether it's legitimately activated or not.

privacytools.io/#win10
You don't.

>f you mean security against malware, then Windows 10 is inherently safer than 7,
Is there even a point in protecting yourself against spyware/malware, when your machine is running W10 to begin with?

I know this is Sup Forums and I hate Microsoft myself, along with their whole telemetry bullshit, but to be fair they don't infect you with literal malware through Windows 10. By running LTSB you're able to remove a good chunk of their spying, after which you have a pretty functional operating system that's objectively better and more secure than Windows 7.

Thanks for your civilized answer to my literal shitpost.
What changed in W10 that makes it significantly more secure than older windows OS's?
Or it just the fact it's the newest OS and is by design more robust than older OS's?

Telemetry is a big nothing. You're liable to just break stuff if you haven't already figured out how to be private and use windows

It is more robust by design. Additionally, Windows Defender and SmartScreen are turned on by default, and all versions including LTSB get all the security patches almost immediately with no user input (unless you mess with the update service).

so what is a legitimate way to obtain LTSB, or can I use it only through not-activating thing?

LTSB is a Windows 10 Enterprise edition, those have a different licensing program and aren't 'intended' for end users, so you can't get a legit key for it. Doesn't make a difference because you still get updates even without activating.
Here's a rebbit guide with download links and all: reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/

I already bought windows 10 pro, how can I minimize the cancer? Someone recommended this
m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_10_pro_no_bloatware_edition_64_bit.html
And someone else mentioned classic shell

Try this: github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases

Stop using windows 10.
Get Linux Mint for web browsing.

Win 7 for games and software (OooooH No the evil cyber criminals after 2020 can hack into win7 and ... see what pirated games you play???).
If you have 100% illegal(pirated) software on win7 and never accedes your personal stuff there is nothing to lose.

Same if you are forced to use win10.
Also fucken unplugging a windows computer forever form the internet.
And simply switch to it to use photo shop or play games and after you are finished take the files on a USB stick and transfer them this way to your main machine or send them to your boss or whatever.

A constantly unpluged PC is perfectly safe and all your web browsing you can do on Linux Mint
FireFox,
Chromium (basically chrome - google logo and spyware)
Pale moon
Waterfox
etc they are all on Linux Mint and work 100% of the time like on windows.

If a corporation uses windows who gives a shit, its not your data if they get leaks and their data leaks who gives a shit its not your data.

Why the fuck are you web browsing or wanting to web brows on windows 10?
All privacy check marks are only a scam!

Why do you need to have a windows PC connected to the internet?
The only options I see:
1) its a work computer given to you by your corporation that you must use.
Who gives a shit, what are you even doing for them?
Writing reports having """sensitive""" corporate data? Who gives a fuck if windows sends this corporate data or lets other get it? its the corporations problem.

2) Private stuff.
2A) After installing all you need unplug the PC from the internet forever (delete network drivers, unplug the cable etc)
You can use all software on it to create document and simply write them to a USB stick to transfer to your main machine that is running linux. Practically nothing will go wrong with this.
2B) Games, online games
Simply have a account (fake name if its needed) that has nothing and you do absolutely nothing other then game on it.
Buy steam games using paysafe cars or things that are impossible to track back to you with cash.
Even if MS is watching you all they see is
>Random Jo gamer played games at this time.
>Random Jo uses FF or PM to search news about games
Only Jo is a fake name and they will never get your private info from this shit computer.

Oh no look a ransomware installed itself, time to format the gaming OS and reinstall it to download games from steam once more.
If you don't have private data what is the harm in losing everything on this computer?
Same for work Oh no look a ransomware installed itself inform the manager of this and tell them passive aggressive how shit the company is for using windows and they needed to switch to linux like you told them.

I feel like some hacker god having this knowledge.
People and your problems.
Also your homework is to run a Live CD/DVD Linux mint distro on your PC and use FF to open Sup Forums.
Consider it your first step into learning and getting familiar with linux.
By the end of 2018 i want you browsing the web only on Linux.
consider this your homework.
Usign linux is not a option its a requirement, get started learning or die in the streets like the rest of the win plebs who are bitching about how win10 is terible.

Happy 2018 everyone.

>I feel like some hacker god having this knowledge.
And yet your approach is still flawed

I know what you mean though. Good effort on the post. These days I'm too tired to enlighten Sup Forums users

> get all the security patches almost immediately with no user input
I have a question, what is even the point of these security patches?
I never in my life did have a infection on windows do to some security navigability or some shit.

And I actively ignore security patches.
What is the point of them?
Everyone knows windows includes build in back doors and every child can figure them out to get root access to your machine, MS will never remove them or replace them with other variants.

What is the point of gating all the
>security patches
?
You get ZERO day attacks regardless of your "security patches".

And I never got any infection or attack!
And I actively shun updates.

Thanks.

>And yet your approach is still flawed
Can you say where I go wrong?
I'm interested for myself.

All the botnet stuff is in a folder called System32, just shift+delete it.

only reason I'd consider upgrading to win10 is to use bash
does it work on ltsb? is it faster than cygwin?

You don't install updates to make sure of anything, you install them to increase your chances and to protect against the common attacks that are discovered and patched. I've never had problems, either, but my personal experience alone isn't enough to go ahead and claim that security updates are useless.

but what about muh steam games and the compatibility issues that come with trying to run those games on linux?

yank the wifi cable

>wifi cable

>is to use bash
>upgrading to win10
>use bash

Jesus Christ!
The absolute state of neo-Sup Forums!!!!
Git installs bash if you install it on windows!

I have it in motherfucking windows XP!
Bash!
in WinXP!
FACT!

If you want to use bash simply use linux.

You can't. Install GNU/Linux.

Linux us a kernel. It doesn't come with bash.

There are the options:
1) you did not read the post (because it explains it to you)
2) You are trolling
3) You are actually mentally retarded.
4) You are really a payed win10 shill.

Just activate it with MS Toolkit or KMSpico. It’s that easy. Dont fall for the “run forever without activating” meme.

Nice troll.

Windows.
Windows OS.
Windows kernel.
Windows = Windows OS = Windows kernel + a lot more.

Linux.
Linux OS.
Linux kernel.
Linux = Linux OS = Linux kernel + a lot more.

Did this confuse you at any point?

Try reading this with a strong indian accent.

Vocaroo when?

The kernel used in Windows is called NT.
The kernel used in GNU/Linux is called Linux.

>mfw windows 10 users disable updates then claim their windows 10 is more secure than windows 7

First of all, it's not GNU/Linux but GNU\Linux. And then, it's not even GNU\Linux but GNU+Linux.

This. The levels of retardation of Windows users grow like skins of an onion with each release.

>GNU
I know its the project of RMS however I'm not interested in trying to please his joke name of a unpronounceable(in any language!) joke name.
If RMS did use a better and more sexy name like POSIX for his OS no problem if he allowed people to pronounce it G.N.U. like you do GPL no problem.

However if he requires me to pronounce it in his special way and the name is impossible to pronounce this is where the line is.
>b-b-b-b-b muh joke names b-b-b-b-b-b muh recursive names
To bad.

Linux is a far more catchy name and established.
I'm not even going to wast me typing his 3 symbols because of how autistic this is.
If he uses a better name no problem, if its pronounceable no problem.
POSIX is a dam sexy name(RMS invented it) to bad he did not use it for his project or OS and is not going to change his name for the OS.

gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg
gnu.org/gnu/pronunciation.html
Defend this logic RMS shills.

Do you know the difference between security updates and feature updates, retard?

>disable windows update
>get no updates whatsoever
>b-b-but I'm on Windows 10, it's newer so I'm more secure

I installed ubuntu, did i fuck up? Is it still botnet?

I'm the one saying not to update windows.

Win 10 is cancer and everyone who starts using it needs mental help.
Everyone who pays for win10 needs to be killed.
I hate windows use a old versions if you can.

I never got problems and because my computer is:
1) disconnected FOREVER from the internet
Nothing bad will ever happen.

2) I only use it to play games, the ISOs for the games are on a different separate computer who is my main computer.

3) The main computer is also disconnected FOREVER from the internet + linux OS and I hold my personal stuff only on the Main Linux computer.

4) Even if somehow the winPC gets infected what is the worst thing that can happen? I need to reinstall the OS and reinstall the games and/or Photoshop etc.

I have only one question why are you people obsessed over having a internet connected winPC to brows the web?
WHY?
The same can be made for internet games only winPC.
I'm web browsing on a different Linux computer that is internet connected however has nothing personal on it.

Ubuntu is now the windows10 of the linux world.
Get mint.

you just sound like a try hard Filipino thinking they're a hacker for knowing HTML or some shit

How is your computer setup looking?
Inform me the try hard Filipino.

>not knowing how to properly secure your cisco router
>phoneposting

cringe posts from a certain nationality poster

lol struck a nerve ay

Sheeit, i struggled to install it

>I-i-i-i-i-i set this config up and its will help right.
Keep on having blind faith kido.
Keep your faith that cisco routers are perfect and have no software error in them.
You are equally delusional like the idiots who think flipping a checkbox in win10 named "don't track me" will do shit.

And what is your advice?
Are you the windows only user who was begging for help?
Show 1(ONE) thing that is wrong with my setup.

Did you manage to install ubuntu?
Its a great warmup for learning new OSs.
Consider it a step in the right direction.

What problems are you having?
Remember to use legacy bios on the MOBO this fixes all problems most of the time.

Remember UEFI is a MS invention to make installing Linux hard.

back to Roblox, pinoy

>cisco router
>"secure" with proven government backdoors
looks like you posted a picture of yourself there, friend.

Read the post again, there's no mention of disabling Windows update.

>lol struck a nerve ay
No.
You write single line post and can not answer basic questions.
Share with everyone your magical setup of ultra security or everyone knows you are full of shit.

Let me make a estimation you are on win10 and only changed some settings and you think you are the super secure hacker.

I was about to say the same thing if he tried to make a comeback.

>this entire post
My sides are in orbit.

pls post ur fave anonymous wallpaper to prove you are a hacker before continuing

>By running LTSB you're able to remove a good chunk of their spying, after which you have a pretty functional operating system that's objectively better and more secure than Windows 7.

But doesn't it still phone home like the other versions, even with changed settings? 7 would probably be a better alternative if you want as much privacy as possible if that's the case.

Yes, it still does phone home. If you want as much privacy as possible, then consider Linux. I realize this loops back into the OP, but Ubuntu is unironically bretty gud.

great post user, you're so smart

I mean, yeah, Linux is clearly the best choice. I was just talking about picking the lesser evil. Thanks, tho.
Having to use Windows past 2020 is gonna suck.

install windows 7

Happened to buy a Ryzen platform? Yeah, good luck.

here

the post doesnt really explain it, all it explains is how to make sure you arent having payments tracked and shit while purchasing steam games. most games dont even work on linux and only work on windows that i have and i dont know what i could do about that.

Works just fine

>Using Windows

Spamming racism on Sup Forums is against the rules btw.

prejudice is great. it lets idiots expose themselves easily

hi pajeet

>Ryzen
>buying AMD

I recommend Debian over Mint for the noobies.

+ Yes, you cannot trust Canonical after the Amazon fiasco.

Literally thousands of pajeets have been working in the software development industry for years now. What point are you even trying to make?

The Windows Toolkit linked in that thread (from MyDigitalLife, with verified SHA1) popped a threat on my antivirus; I don't really pirate things so I don't know if that's normal. Should I roll with it?

Yes I'm retarded you don't have to say it

Yeah that's normal

Just search on Google how to get Windows 10 LTSB

bump for america

Yeah, false positive. You're completely fine.

Alright listen here asshole

Windows 10 has a better UI than any other os on the market

Windows 10 has the greatest support for software on the market, there is nothing better

Windows 10 is the most productive operating ssytem on the market, it is superiorr to whatever piece of shit you use to jerk off

If you aren't usoing windows 10 you are using a piece of shit mac that has fucking horrible ui decisions, or you are using an even worse piece of shit linux installation which is very inferior

If you want security you use an antivirus software like a normal intelligent person so protect your system, you use the internet and browse safely because of this.

If you want to be a winner you use the internet and you use windows because ti is the most productive and superior system, there is no alternative

If you want to be superior in the modern world you use windows 10, the greatest operating system of all time. If you use linux you are a LOSER, the L in linux stands for loser!

Peace bitch

:^)

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

holy fucking autism. you do realize you're insignificant and that no company gives a fuck about the loli hentai collection that you're hiding from your mom.

They do, because they want to show you ads and sell your data. Huge databases of uninteresting info is bare money.

also known as botnet

i imagine you can't get rid of it completely. i would recommend installing a linux distro

Which you just ignore with an adblock. Wow good thing im hackerman

GNU/Linux*. Linux is a kernel.

Install Ubuntu. A monkey could install it. Do it already.

fuck off richard stallman

>Microshit delivers advertisements straight to your start menu