Galaxy Note 8

So we're all in agreement the Note 8 is the best phone on the market, right?

Should I bite the bullet and buy one today?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-root-samfail/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure why not.

Yeah, absolutely buddy.

>inb4 buttmad phonedorks

define "best"

Just get an S8. There's no reason to get the Note.

Kinda wish i got it for the dual lens but hey i got the s8plus

The iPhone X is about 50% more powerful according to Geekbench, Antutu, GFXBench, and 3DBench. No benchmarks have the Note 8 ahead. The iPhone X also mines at 40 hashes per second on coin hive while the Note 8 only manages 25.

The iPhone X has the highest rank display according to displaymate.

The iPhone X has the second highest ranked camera after the Google Pixel 2. The iPhone X scores 97, the Pixel scores 98, and the Note 8 scores 94. Source: DxoMark

if you do, get a good case for it
knocked mine into the side of a table and cracked the screen

Unlocking the phone:

The Note 8 has three methods, but they all fall behind in some way.

The fingerprint scanner is inconveniently locates on the back. It takes a lot longer to unlock than facial recognition and causes a lot of people to smudge the lens.

Facial recognition: this is more convenient (except in the dark where it doesn’t work) but can be fooled by a simple photograph.

Iris scanner: this is secure and relatively convenient (less so than facial recognition/faceID as you need to position it closer to your face) but has been known to cause elsireness in eyes and actually comes with health warnings.

FaceID gets the best of all worlds. It is convenient, it can be used in the dark and from several angles. It does not have any health risks like the Iris scanner. And it is secure unless you have an identical twin.

This is what insurance is for. I consider it a $10/month no case tax.

Durability:

Samsung’s phones use gorilla glass made by Corning. They use gorilla glass 5 which was formerly the highest grade.

The iPhone X also uses glass from Corning but they commissioned Corning to make an even stronger version exclusively for the iPhone.

This has been demonstrated in drop tests.

Samsung comes pre-installed with google bloat/botnet, Samsung bloat and carrier bloat. This cannot be uninstalled and can only be removed by installing a custom ROM which is made by unpaid pajeets and hence pretty unreliable.

In conclusion: the Note 8 is only 50 dollars less than the iPhone X. Get it if you really like android/big screens, but objectively speaking it is inferior to the iPhone X in most regards.

Samsung shills thoroughly BTFO

The thumbnails spoils them

Here's more ammunition for you

xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-root-samfail/

Note 8 rooting causes the battery to drop by 20%, to 2600mah. There is no way around it. The bootloader is locked so there are no custom roms. The user is stuck with touchjizz forever. Samsung tries hard to be locked down like Apple but fails severely at it. You get all the drawbacks of Android and none of the benefits.

>What is a deductible

>you'll never get note8 on stock android

i got the note 8 at my store cuz both were the same price. one has more stuff honestly. Buy the stylus shit is almost useless to me.

is there an Iphone app that can give you a countdown until the day apple will slow your device to force you to upgrade?

Can you draw a fart? Having a bad day

Galaxy S8+ still has the world's highest screen-to-body ratio at 83.6%

They could've done the same for the Note8 but they made the top and bottom edges less rounded and as such were slightly larger.

They're not paying you enough.

*force you to replace the battery free under your extended warranty. you did buy that for your several hundred dollar device, right?

Why dump all that money on something that's not worth it, especially since you can get an older s6/s7/note 5 for $200 and under.

The S9 is about to come out and will be much faster.

The iPhone is set to run at artificially high speeds and destroys the battery doing so, and Apple slows the devices down to then preserve the battery.
Fuck. Off.

it's too expensive for the same thing that S8 does (plus a pen), also, just get an S9 in February for $200 cheaper

and by the time the Note 9 comes out, the s10 will be around the corner

Do you want the stylus and a dual camera system? If so, yes.
Do you want just the Dual camera? Wait for the S9+
Do you want neither? Get an S8+

How to do this on my Galaxy s8,?

>trying this hard to hide the notch with that wallpaper while shilling this transparently

is the s8+ better than the note 8 if its cheaper? It has the same specs and it looks better

It has more than a 50% faster CPU, and can barely load apps faster than a Note 8.

The phone would be good if it wasn't your typical pajeet developing its software.

Depends how much you'll use the dual cameras, the Spen, or the extra RAM.

Get the Google bezel 2

why does a phone need 6gb of ram?

How the Fuck is that relevant? Also will you faggots return to 2011 when TouchWiz was bad? It's fantastic now.

Man you dorks will argue and be gay over the silliest things.

I wish i waited instead of getting the s8+

whats wrong with the s8+? I just got it, how is it different from the note 8?

Why does a phone need a HD screen?
Why does a phone need a camera better than VGA?
Why do you need a smartphone?

Shouldn't your battery be exploding or something, Samsungtard?

I know right? the cycle never ends, might as well fucking kill yourself.

all use case vids show the iphone much slower than note 8.

I can't afford anything above 250 EUR

>Free
>Extended warranty you have to pay for

So you mean replaced for a fee

Wait, who the hell agreed to that?
It's way overpriced, buy a moto g5+ or some new xiaomi, what could possibly make you want to 300% the price for a an s8?

Yes
>sent from my note 8

Really though how do I do it

For realsies though

For reals it's a feature of the note ROM. There is probably an app that can do some something similar.

xz1/c

Holy shit the size of those bezels. It looks like the phone is already in a case lmao

:3

get a screen recorder and a flashy paint app then a gif creator

>This has been demonstrated in drop tests
you do understand how hardness works right? the harder it is to scratch something, the more brittle it becomes. that's why iPhones are just exploding when they hit the ground and screens are $500 to replace. even if the note ends up scratching, it's only $50 for an aftermarket

you write your "d"s very dumb

what the FUCK kind of I is that!?!? are you mentally retarded? you wrote a fucking J

Did it trigger your autism?

Kek

Been emulating DS games on my note recently. With the stylus it's perfect.

What emulator and can you put the controls outside the screens?

The best value for money phone that I found just now is the Oneplus 5t. It has monsterous specs like 6gb ram, 168gb storage, 3400mah battery and has the fastest processor on the market, but it's only $500. It's officially supported by twrp, unlocking the bootloader doesn't void the warranty, and it has an active rooting community. It's fucking huge though, 6 inch screen. I wish i got one instead of the Samsung A5. I'm stuck with this phone for at least 2 years and Samsung just recently locked the bootloader in an update for some fucking reason, so I can't root it or even install twrp.

Yeah I'm with this user. I hate Touchwizz but after putting a custom launcher my Note 8 is pretty much like my non-touchwizz phones.

I've only ever known touchwiz. How is it bad?

>lagdroid

Don't know what you're talking about. The only phones that are slowing down these days are iphones.

Rekt

DraStic and yes.

All of the free emulators are shit that crash when you try to launch a rom. DraStic works perfectly.

I've just been playing games that only require the touch screen for now though i have a Bluetooth controller that can clamp on to the phone if I need it.

It's definitely overpriced no matter what

Wait two years before buying it.

>inb4 but then the new one will score 5 points higher on lmaousnerdsrite benchmarkotronic 5.0
>and won't have this neat feature you'll brag about but never fucking use

My Note 5 still works well, but I'd love to own a Note 8.

They fucked up hiring you user. You shill it way too hard.

iPhone X is objectively the best phone. Have any of you fags actually tried using Tinder on an Android device? Shit sucks.

So the same as xiaomi mi mix which came out before the s8+

>Tinder
into the trash

How to make these gifs

s8+ has the better battery. thats the reason to not get an iphone at all after all these years they still have shitty battery. also dont listen to retards like these benchmarks dont mean shit even if you use your phone all day long

Despite the lower mah in the iPhone the iPhone X actually outperforms the S8 in battery tests.

Samshit and applel need to gtfo this board, it's litterally normie tech, you're not welcome

>touchwizz
>bloatware
>"best"

Fuck