Computers will never be this comfy again

>Computers will never be this comfy again

Other urls found in this thread:

trinitydesktop.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP sensible usability ;_;

Windows 10 literally functions exact way and a theme can be downloaded to replicate asthetic.

STFU pajeet

Could you upload that Xandros Desktop 4.01 OCE to torrent/mega plz? I been looking for a long time

>all that fucking waste space
>not spinning cubos

Le comfy botnet meme

>botnet

yes, they will:
trinitydesktop.org/

>not just customizing xfce to emulate windows 9x aesthetics while retaining all the nice features of the modern Linux environment

Websites and programs ruin this kind of UI. There's also the fact people have moved away from things like dedicated IM or IRC, and moved to things like discord. So you're not opening a bunch of programs to do a bunch of things like you used to.

>There's also the fact people have moved away from things like dedicated IM or IRC, and moved to things like discord. So you're not opening a bunch of programs to do a bunch of things like you used to.
Of all the modern tech trends, this is one of my least favorite.

>anime
Hi!
Go hang yourself.

I used Xandros Desktop 3 back in the day. Shit was easy to use. They went out of there way to make it like windows in terms of function. The Crossovers office thing was cool to.

I'm comfy brehs

I use PCLinuxOS with KDE. It is close, but not enough honestly. I have to admit their network share in the Control Center Gui is fucking sweetness for samba shares. Gaming support really isnt there yet in my opinion.

Anime website

Argentina had some comfy AF distros, too bad one of the developers was caught hosting some kind of phishing scheme on their main server.

oh Tuquito i remember, what the fuck happened to them?

Lead developer was accused of phising and storing stolen accounts on their servers, they released the beta for version 6, were inactive for a few years and went dark.

I never knew if he was ever charged or prosecuted.

If you ask me, it seemed like a personal issue,
some dudes basically burned him publicly at an open source event showing a web shell into his server and a list of stolen accounts.

Thank God. Menus on menus on menus, endless fields of buttons with no logical arrangement, 5+ clicks to do fucking anything, etc shit was so terrible that many of us reverted to the terminal for more and more things. If you think UIs have become worse, then you're too young to actually remember the bad old days and are just being edgy for strangers on the internet.

Holy fuck that's hideous, like ff X tidus desktop hideous.

Then you just get an ugly environment that does not even have all the features of Windows 9x.

Nothing has even come close to cloning it.

kek that fucking icon

Window Maker's even comfier

>computers will never look like windows 95 again
Good riddance. Looking back at my life with computers this far, I've gone through classic Mac OS, to DOS, to Windows 3.11/95/98, to Linux, and the GUI-based periods (Mac OS and Windows) were by far and away the least productive. Even though I don't strictly speaking miss it, I can be nostalgic for DOS, but I have nothing but contempt over for GUIs for messing up my life.

qeq

That's not Windows you raging autist

usability
vs.
aesthetics

Ugly as fuck

>that font rendering
>that ugly window manager
>that waste of space
>that bloated UI
OP, your taste sucks balls

>implying this is not aesthetic as fuck

KDE has never been "comfy".

I don't know OP, macOS is pretty comfy.

OS X isn't nearly as comfy as it used to be

>Tripfag
Opinion discarded

> "comfy"
> shows KDE
What an idiot.

>computers will never be this comfy again

>what is i3

nothing like it in any paradigm?

> what is 9front?

Thank god

Added a dock for maximum productivity

Windows 10 "literally" is shit and you have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to disable the bullshit and make it usable. Fuck off pajeet

you're right, it's a lot better now.

LOL what can't enlightenment do?

Your idea of comfy is some lonix shit that imitates XP in some horrid blue and white way?

good taste

somebody get this to the dolphin devs

>File: 2017-12-24-113617_1366x76(...).png (1.81 MB, 1366x768)

>mfw even the screenshot is bloated

not like the lean mean productivity machines, like
>File: jim.png (2 KB, 800x532)

it's called a wallpaper dude

>File: jim.png (2 KB, 800x532)

>You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

sure thing my dude, guess there's no wallpaper in
>File: kde-plasma-desktop-PCLinuxOS.png (168 KB, 1024x768)
or even
>File: enlightment.jpg (638 KB, 1366x768)

ok you beat me there, my desktop produces bloated screenshots

Looks like shit.
> "Good taste."

>File: witty filename.jpeg (9 KB, 235x215)

sorry you don't like it user

that pic-related gave my eyes cancer

KDE2 was peak UI

Nah

It can poorly clone the look of OS X? Wow!

I've never used OS X, but I've always thought Jaguar looked the most comfy with its pinstripes.

Feels.
We will never have Snow Leopard back.

>gaudy gloss
I'm glad this meme died

That's not a computer, that's an OS.

Are you unironically using e17?

>hurr durr i'm gonna repeat something i have seen other people say even though i have never actually tried using windows 10 and then go ahead and insult another poster for no reason other than that i am retarded as fuck and have another mans fist stuck in my rectum

Yes this. Especially on the old school white plastic iMacs, either weird pod one or the big flat one. So fucking comfy.

Not him, but I'm using Windows 10 right now. I sure do love having to spend my time trying to disable/remove "features" that benefit no one but Microsoft when I install this shitbiscuit OS. I also love the constant feeling of paranoia that pretty much everything I'm doing is being monitored by someone, somewhere, who most assuredly doesn't have my best interests in mind. This is to say nothing of the worry that the next big update is going to completely break something again, or remove/change one of the very few useful features this pile of shit has, or add more crap that I don't need/want or intend on ever using. It's so much fun playing with registry settings and downloading third party software in a feeble attempt to just get the OS to calm down enough to be barely usable.

Good times!

I also use windows 10 desu, it's hardly a problem though is it like you install the os actually read things on the installer and un tick all of the cancerous settings then download and run one of the various programs to disable the telemetry. It's shitty they're doing it in the first place but literally every big company who collects your data is selling it off anyway and i guarantee every other non free operating system does the same thing desu. It's scary, it should be illegal, it's just wrong especially in an operating system you are paying money for but it will never change until there is government legislation agaisnt it which there should be desu

What point are you trying to make?

windows 10 isn't as bad as as many people make it out to be desu

I've tried it on 2 computers already and both were a nightmare. One of them kept downloading an update which always restarted to a blue screen.
After a clean install of the newest version it was missing drivers.
On the other one it kept updating the touchpad driver to a non-functional one and killing the HDD.
It's shit.

No, it really is. Just because you bothered to sludge your way through "learning" how to mostly defuck your system doesn't suddenly make it better.

okay that sounds like complete shit user ;__; maybe i just got lucky with it since i have had zero issues

>just because you bothered to sludge your way through

literally adds about 5 minutes onto the setup time i see this as a non problem desu no it doesn't make it better but it makes it as though the problem doesn't really exist

>literally adds about 5 minutes onto the setup time
It doesn't, but whatever. Now how about addressing everything else I said?

i'm confused at what else you addressed user also ignore every single thing i have said since i am using ltsb and completely forgot that i'm not using normal windows 10 so this might be the reason i haven't experienced any problems

That's why I love Panther, it's still got the pinstripes but they're toned down a bit

kde 3.x was pretty comfy
first time i ever saw linux was on a neighbours machine, he was running slax with kde 3 off of a 256M usb drive, he gave me a simplymepis cd to try out, also with kde 3, very nice to use
i haven't used kde since 4 came out, though

>old school white plastic iMacs
eMac
>weird pod one
iMac G4
>big flat one
?

I'm guessing the iMac G5

Windows 7 is the last MS OS that's purely functional based. All after it go for the more bloated unless flash/oh look at me/let's cram this online store bullshit/forced updates/split touch/desktop/etc shit. I mean you have to jump 5-6 different things in Ten just to personalize that shit box. Where as in Win 7 it's just simple Left click on Desktop, then click Personalize. I don't need a search assistant/ads on taskmenu/flashy shit just to surf the Internet or play games or do anything on my pc. Don't need a app store either.

What is this, urinal cake os?

You aren't missing much. KDE 5 was a shitshow the last time I used it. It was buggy as all hell and bloated as fuck to boot. And I mean like, the base install of KDE 5 (no extras or addons) contained like 400 packages.

>computers will never be this comfy again

>Animated wallpaper
How?

Mac OS 9.2.2. is the objective height of comfy operating systems.

Wallpaper Engine

Danke

iktf

> Gnome
> Set solid blue color background
> adwaita

Full comfyness.

is comfiness codeword for eyerape?

Rice shit to your heart's content. We've got the speed and power to do whatever. If you're not happy with your desktop, then it's a lack of imagination on your part.

try cwm?

1 rupee has been deposited into your Microsoft account, Rajeet.

Do you have autism? Who the fuck counts "packages" as part of bloat? Kde plasma 5 uses like 400-500 mb ram on a fresh boot and is fully featured. Shit stains like gnome 3 uses double that while being worse. Xfeces4 uses the same amount of ram as kde plasma 5 but has no features and screen tears out of the box.

merry christmas senpai

my favorite part of window 10 is tgat it has Candy crush xD