Need inspo

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XXwxD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Arc XL

Some shit frame from Alibaba.

Got a link on that?

That looks pretty sharp

Good cases with USB, disc drives and most importantly, cases that aren't huge?

Look up QDIY on alibaba. I tried to link but Sup Forums kicks up a stink.

model is: PC-JMK6-MATX

filename

Easy as fuck to build in and it looks awesome.

I had this case and I hated it. It had no room for cable management and made it impossible to fit the backpanel on.

The SSD tray in particular was one of the worst thought out designs I've ever seen, leaving NO room whatsoever to route cables over it, forcing you to route around it creating an even bigger mess.

This is truth. I have the riced-out glass version with RGB LED fans and cable management is a motherfucker. I don't even bother to zip-tie anything, I just jam it all in where it fits and doesn't fuck airflow and close it up.

The HDD trays on the bottom are a pain in the ass too, mounting/unmounting drives involves bending flimsy plastic pieces to slide them in and the little pegs that keep them in place always pop out not to mention the cowling over the PSU and the HDD stack takes a lot of jiggling around to take on and off every time you need to access either of those components.

What compels a man to opt for a case window instead of noise dampening?

>3000 dollar computer
>25 dollar case

wew lad

can't find the case i want either, i gave up.

>$3000 for this
jej

If you add up all the individual components it comes to like 2800 or something, yeah.

it's probably older than some posters itt

Not mine, but all those years later and you still can't beat the P180 mini and the P183 in build quality.

I'm somewhat glad that dual chambers are slowly coming back, I just wish this whole RGB leds through glass window meme would go away.

pcpartpicker.com/list/XXwxD8

jej back to you my senpai ;^)

>not liking pretty lights

sub human scum

>I just wish this whole RGB leds through glass window meme would go away.
>I just wish teenagers would not exist

Why did this build need a 1200w PSU?

You're going to needlessly criticize any reason I give you, so why bother asking?

The truth is, I was originally planning on an SLI setup, but it never happened. 1200 was overkill, but I wanted futureproofing in the off chance we go back to GPUs consuming assloads of power. For the moment, i am rather enjoying the fact that the PSU fan literally never spins up and its getting 100% efficiency though.

Rytlock fuck yes

Define Mini-C

Very qt case running dual GPU

>SLI setup
>µATX case

Dude. I'm kinda of a laymen. I was legit wondering why any home PC would ever need that much power and maybe you knew something I didn't.

But I now know the real reason your hostile ass bought it.

>hostile

where do you think we are? Are you new?

I've been criticized on this website dozens of times for the size of the PSU.

This build has gone through many iterations in the last couple months. Cases have been a real problem. But if they're both liquid cooled, what the fuck does it matter?

>I've been criticized on this website dozens of times for the size of the PSU.

Lol I could have never guessed.

>SLI
Yes goyim, SLI is -not- a meme.

believe it or not, some of us aren't autistic enough to care about slight changes in sound

I have a shitty zalman R1 with removed front door, cut fan grills and a hole on top for another fan.

your quads confirm this

I want to stack two microatx computers in an open case test bench style. help me find case. like these. m dot alibaba dot com slash product/60235326459/DIY-Multiwall-Computer-Chassis-Studio-Server.html

meshify c here. it has one design flaw which i hate. take the most popular oc ram (ripjaw / flare x) and add a d15. the fan is 1mm too big for the case. Id expect a company like fd to know those sort of hardware considerations.

What are the temps like, user? Planning to get it for my 2018 build.

>how it feels like living in romania

Hey! I have a similar case
Latin america shithole thought

Dont worry user, it's just like in real life, the inner values count

How is that a case flaw? It is more like a RAM issue. Heatsink on RAMs are useless lol.

I don't recommend it.

Considering buying this, currently have a Corsair Carbide 330R. How's the airflow though?

samehere
400c would have been the best case of all time if they added like .001 cm more space in the bottom cut outs

Are you an enthusiast who wants the best? Do you have a relative fuckload of money? If you spend a fuckload, you want to get your money's worth?

If you answered yes then I have one word for you: CaseLabs.

Fantastic fucking cases. Made in the USA out of quality aluminum. No fucking rivets - the whole thing can be assembled and is designed to be completely modular! Tons of parts and replacements as well as upgrades down the road too. This is a boutique shop that subsists primarily on big gov't contracts and also makes top grade enthusiast stuff. They maintain a forum on Overclock.net by the way.

Pictured is the Mercury S8 in one of its configurations. Mine has grill where the front window is with 2x 120mm fan mounts. The Mercury and Magnum series are some of your best choices for a full "system" case but can get pretty big and expensive. Oh they are doing a refresh of the Magnum SMA8-A that is pretty damn awesome now, integrating lots of new tech... IF you're willing to pay for it. If I didn't already have my Mercury S8 in 2-tone (ie interior white, exterior black) I'd get the SMA8-A.

Don't want to spend quite as much and use air cooling or AIOs? Their Bullet series are really compact and still moddable; I'm thinking of buying one for my "Toaster" home server. Bullet series isn't quite as complex as the Mercury / Magnum system type cases, but its solid and a lot less expensive with a different design.

wut up boy

P400

Mine werks great, specially with the better fans installed.
I will probably use it again for the next pc I build since it fits e-atx and can hold a shitload of stuff while cooling things well.
Problem is the looks of it, not for everyone, specially if you like the square fractal style.

Only cons I have is that the dust filter in the front takes a little work to pop out since you have to pull the front panel.

:-)

Just buy the Fractal Design Define series that fits your motherboard size you fucking weebs.

Its not fucking rocket science

No vents front panel, usb ports on the top, shitty hi-fi "audiophile" look with shiny ugly feet.

Thermaltake m9

Looks neat.

>passive box
>literal fan on top

mate.

windowed cases are for little fagboys.

do you know how many times i've caught spark wire fire before it damaged my gear?

Is that why you own one?

0. that's happened 0 times.

Get a silenced case
>Cooler Master Silencio 652

heh, tell that to my TMS320C30

It's a big-ass case with good airflow. Was cheap also.

its ok

been staring at waifus so long even ur case becomes 2d

I'm not a fan of the whole RGB craze these days.

Pic related. I actually really like it.

>What are the temps like, user?
I use it for CUDA mostly so I push them pretty hard both hover around 80 at 100%, 35ish idle.

Fractal Design shill please go

Sorry should have said, they're both 1080Ti

Unless the GPU fans are spun up 100% I can't hear anything inside my P400S. Tempered glass is heavy and it's damped with rubber.

I had to add another fan in the front, after that the airflow is decent enough to keep my R7 1700 (stock cooler) and GTX 1080 (MSI dual fan cooler) pretty well cooled. The GPU stays below 75C and the CPU is overclocked to 3.7 and stays below 65C.

>those nasty water balloons

>no fan filters
>no noise dampening
>no anti-vibration mountings
No thanks.

>1200W PSU
>for a 500W build
>CLC on a 100W CPU
>960 PRO ($100 more for no real-world difference in performance and no meaningful increase in lifespan for a consumer)
>3200MHz RAM for an Intel processor, where RAM speed is almost irrelevant for virtually all consumer workloads
>hyper expensive 1080 Ti when a triple fan air cooler would produce virtually the same thermal results
You could have easily had the same performance for at least $500 less.

Because aside from the shitty GPU the Noctua fans are already dead silent.

SLI is dead and will forevermore be dead. Nvidia barely even supports dual GPU anymore, and SLI profiles for games take months to come out, if they ever come out. Besides, one 1080 Ti is more than capable enough for 1440p 120/144Hz.

SLI isn't the only use for multiple GPUs
and games are not the only use for a computer

are there any new cases that look good and don't choke the front fans?

So you're telling me that computer is going to be used for deep learning or mining? Bullshit.

or video editing
or rendering
or sound synthesis
or penetration testing (password cracking)

There are many applications for GPUs

Yeah, but none of those are the intended purpose for that PC.

Oh, and shit like video editing and rendering is done in dedicated encode/decode hardware that is virtually the same for a 1060 and a 1080 Ti and isn't helped by a second GPU. A 144Hz 1440p monitor isn't something someone doing pen testing would buy unless they were also using it for gaming.

How much did the case cost?

Mine

>pen testing

>noise
>more autistic than rgb and side windows to computer and flashy components

lel

>literally 4 bucks of 2020 aluminum extrusions
>a "case"

You guys know you can buy this shit on misumi for like 2 bucks per 500mm right? 2020 is 20x20mm, 1515 is 15x15mm, 2040, 4040 follow the same convention. It has slots so you can just screw whatever you want into it with the appropriate nut.

This or a Define R6?

Is airflow more important than silence?

Name?

zalman z11 she's a qt

>proprietary fan and led connectors

One (1) Fractal Design Define R6 front panel connector with USB type-C has been emailed to your home adress ($30 MSRP).

/Fractal Josh

This guy right there
It looks good on my desk

I'm pretty sure they're the standard 3 and 4 pin fan connectors like every other fan.
The RGB headers are included on most motherboards these days too

Yeah I was pretty annoyed by that too. It's late 2017, there's no excuse for not including Type C on their flagship cases.

Black front panel on a white case too...uh

Yeah that was also fuked

It feels like they really wanted to ship the R6 before christmas for that crucial holiday sale but they weren't quite finished with the product.

Fuck's sake, they had 3 years on them since the R5 release. I will most likely buy the white version anyway. The gunmetal version is indistinguishable from the black version unless you compare them side by side

I have this case, i love it. The door is very useful if you're constantly looking inside to made sure everything is good or checking on a noise.

>So you're telling me that computer is going to be used for deep learning or mining? Bullshit.
My build is literally used for CUDA 3D rendering with dual 1080tis (not even in SLI)

just because you're a kid who just games doesn't mean everyone else is.

>intentionally ignoring my point
I wasn't saying no one uses their computer for CUDA or deep learning or any of that shit, I said that build specifically was not intended for those work loads and so a second 1080 Ti was a waste of money and effort.

142,33 EUR