Best addons/builds

best addons/builds

plex

Literally worst shit to ever grace the play store.
You spend hours setting up sources and addons and they never survive for more than 2 weeks and you have to scout for more.

On what device is this on

And what are you planning to use it for

Most streaming addons nowadays are pretty dead from what I experienced.

Nowadays I just stream files from my computer.

Just use Plex. I don't think I've ever had a positive experience with Kodi that wasn't a huge pain in the ass to get setup and maintain.

>I want people to actively maintain scripts for stolen media stored on crappy websites with constant changing features to prevent scraping
>Links to content are taken down all the time
>I don't want to pay these people to maintain the scripts

Take a minute and sort yourself out.

Create your own WebDAV share and download your content through bittorrent like normal people, you grubby little leech faggot.

>Sup Forums has a collective boner for plex trash
Makes sense. Majority of this board are here for the product reviews.

What advantages does WebDAV hold over basic SMB sharing?

Plex is not entirely terrible, but I wouldn't use it over Kodi.

Besides, I think Kodi has gotten more user friendly nowadays. Certainly more user friendly than XBMC was.

Plex works fine, I've had zero issues with it.

Kodi/XBMC every time I've used it on the other hand is just the most unintuitive thing to work with. Plex on the other hand works seamlessly pretty much.

covenant is the only streaming addon that is working currently
*this will probably not be true within a few weeks*

I only use literal XBMC because I'm a nostalgic autist.

WebDAV is extremely low overhead and operates on a single TCP port. I can stream a 1080p movie (2.5GB) at 5mbps over the internet without any issues. Using noip dns and forwarding one port to my web server is the tits. I can watch my tv shows on public wifi without issues, and I can give my friends and family read only access to media.

All over ssl btw, with basic auth.

Sounds good, though I don't have a web server.

I used to have a buffering issue with SMB when over wireless, so I switched to a network cable but it's a real eyesore. Maybe I'll try WebAV.

If you're having issues with Samba over wireless, I wouldn't think WebDAV would be any better. Might be worth just investigating and tweaking config for it instead.

With samba, you may be re-sending large requests and cluttering the air. Especially since it's over UDP. Not a good protocol for wireless streaming of media at all (see lower overhead with WebDAV). WebDAV over ssl with basic auth is all around the best choice for streaming media with kodi.

Covenant/plex

If he's on a LAN then there's no reason samba shouldn't be able to push it. I can push well over 100Mb/s regularly with just the stock configuration.

If over WAN WebDAV seems more sensible, but at that point I'd rather just download it over ftps and watch it locally instead of exposing it over http. To each his own though.

ssl + basic auth and way up on some random port. Haven't had a single knock or unwarranted user in the 3 years I've been running the thing. Highly recommend it. My only concern is kodi's seeming lack of certificate validation for http.. Really wish the devs would address that. Kind of opens the door wide for people that want to mitm on public wifi. But, if I catch someone using it that I don't recognize, I'm changing the password immediately.

Like I said, to each his own. I personally use plex, I sync down from a seedbox with ftps, and watch stuff over samba if I'm on my desktop, otherwise I'll use my the app on my phone to stream it to a TV via chromecast, or watch in browser on a laptop.

It's pretty easy to get it setup with SSL with something like nginx too.

Is there a plugin to stream shit over SSH or SCP ? Is this even possible?

Works natively. Just scroll through the protocol list as you're adding a source.

wow, thanks i'll try

Best addon is Trump Tweets

I just run peerflix and use KODI/XBMC as a player/subtitle manager.

It's weird, over wireless I had 480p files stuttering for me.

Maybe my router is fucked.

Your WAP might just be sub par.